Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 162 of 255 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3821
  1. #2416
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is the issue with the Yankees. They need to give Peraza/Volpe the chance to fail and then succeed.
    In Peraza's case, they need to be very clear, it's ok if you hit like crap to start. The job is yours provided you play elite D. We trust the bat will come.
    They need to remove the pressure. That's what good organizations do. They surround young talent with high level, veteran, talent. The Yankees have some of that. I think they are actually in a position for the first time in many years, to cultivate young talent. The issue is patience. They have shown it to an extent with Torres, so hopefully they can do the same with the guys in the system.
    It's actually why as much as I hate the thought, I am growing more and more open to Hicks being the LF. He won't block the next kid. They will move him off the spot

    Bader is average at best with the bat.
    Rizzo will probably see a 25-30 point jump in his average. 260/350/ 800
    I agree about Trevino. That was the proverbial, lighting in a bottle. His D will be great but I think we saw the best of his offense. With that said, he may be very streaky.
    I expect a solid offensive year from DJ- 280+/350 750

    If everyone plays to their cards, the offense should be solid but not great.
    the offense will be much better without a shift so many hits are stolen in short right field or defenders standing behind second base. so i am not worried at all about the offense now..i am happy we got a dominate pitcher in rodon..

  2. #2417
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the offense will be much better without a shift so many hits are stolen in short right field or defenders standing behind second base. so i am not worried at all about the offense now..i am happy we got a dominate pitcher in rodon..
    Once again, are the Yankees the only team that wonít be shifted on? Otherwise, this helps the Yankees opponent just as much as it helps the Yankees so it nets out. Also, the shift going away isnít going to drastically change the offense and wonít matter if they canít make contact in the playoffs.

  3. #2418
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,503
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    For sure, itís a regular season offense. Theyíll score a ton of runs in the regular season. They just arenít built for the playoffs. I agree they need to let Peraza and Volpe play and continue to play for a while no matter how bad they are doing just for development reasons. But thatís what doesnít make sense, they give Judge and Rodon all this money to win now but their largest need is offense and their only hope is that two prospects turn into all stars from season 1? Just doesnít make sense. The Yankees put all their eggs into one basket and now must try to win within the next two years. Yet, the team is largely unchanged.
    I think the FO will give the same, "This core of this team got us to the playoffs and we had injuries. We think this team is better than last year. And we got younger and more athletic "

    They are either liars or fools if they think this team has a better shot than last year.
    Even if Peraza is a phenom, everyone else outside of Torres is on the back 9.
    They need to significantly improve, SS, 3B, C, LF.
    DJ to 3B? He will be an offensive upgrade for sure.
    That leaves SS- Peraza vs IKF. Peraza is clearly the better defender. He has offensive potential and excellent speed.
    LF-Hicks/Cabrera/Fl/Conforto or trade for Happ/Reynolds/McCarthy or... Kepler (meh). Or one of the slew of horrid names being tossed about in the blogs/write ups...for the sake of it. At this point, Let Hicks and Flo battle it out. Flo will at least provide speed, good D and I think decent hitting, given the chance

    C- Trevino is great defensively. Hopefully Rortvedt will be as good as advertised.

    Remember last year? We were sold how great JD would be. How elite IKF was. How fantastic Gallo was.
    Same 3 positions were the downfall last year. Hmmm.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #2419
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,503
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Once again, are the Yankees the only team that wonít be shifted on? Otherwise, this helps the Yankees opponent just as much as it helps the Yankees so it nets out. Also, the shift going away isnít going to drastically change the offense and wonít matter if they canít make contact in the playoffs.
    The only guy the shift really, really helps, is Rizzo. Most of the other guys can hit the ball to all fields. Maybe not greatly so but with decency.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #2420
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,631
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I was being funny. It was a joke. I was really in Vegas. I was going to bed when you all were getting up. I was probably drunk coming back to the room and started to read the forums on my phone about the game. We have to lighten up at times in here. Yankee games get people a little too tense.
    With your history, there's no reason to believe either instance was a joke.

  6. #2421
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Dude, I feel the same way. Especially imagining Hal waking up to his morning paper and feeling Cohen's presence firmly implanted in his rectum

    Because let's face it. Cohen made Hal his bish.
    I can't imagine the Yankees were in love with fielding all those questions about the Mets after the Judge press conference. I know baseball isn't a competition about who wins the offseason but I have to believe this puts a fire under Hal and Cashman a little bit.

  7. #2422
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the FO will give the same, "This core of this team got us to the playoffs and we had injuries. We think this team is better than last year. And we got younger and more athletic "

    They are either liars or fools if they think this team has a better shot than last year.
    Even if Peraza is a phenom, everyone else outside of Torres is on the back 9.
    They need to significantly improve, SS, 3B, C, LF.
    DJ to 3B? He will be an offensive upgrade for sure.
    That leaves SS- Peraza vs IKF. Peraza is clearly the better defender. He has offensive potential and excellent speed.
    LF-Hicks/Cabrera/Fl/Conforto or trade for Happ/Reynolds/McCarthy or... Kepler (meh). Or one of the slew of horrid names being tossed about in the blogs/write ups...for the sake of it. At this point, Let Hicks and Flo battle it out. Flo will at least provide speed, good D and I think decent hitting, given the chance

    C- Trevino is great defensively. Hopefully Rortvedt will be as good as advertised.

    Remember last year? We were sold how great JD would be. How elite IKF was. How fantastic Gallo was.
    Same 3 positions were the downfall last year. Hmmm.
    Gotta love how they feed us the injury BS. Itís like, yeah, no **** this team is always hurt. Itís always hurt because you assembled an old team of unathletic players. Those types of players miss a lot of time.

  8. #2423
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can't imagine the Yankees were in love with fielding all those questions about the Mets after the Judge press conference. I know baseball isn't a competition about who wins the offseason but I have to believe this puts a fire under Hal and Cashman a little bit.
    Ha! No chance they blow away the luxury tax like Cohen. Not really anyone worth signing to a high salary deal at this point anyways.

  9. #2424
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,261
    Arson Judge fake out by Jon Heyman
    Correa press conference scheduled then he signs with the Mets
    and to a lessor degree, Rodon leaving for NY.

    Iíd be ****ing pissed if I were a SF fan

  10. #2425
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,801
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ha! No chance they blow away the luxury tax like Cohen. Not really anyone worth signing to a high salary deal at this point anyways.
    No I don't think they will either but I could see them signing a guy like Conforto and maybe trading a couple of prospects for a bat somewhere.

  11. #2426
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No I don't think they will either but I could see them signing a guy like Conforto and maybe trading a couple of prospects for a bat somewhere.
    I can definitely see them getting Conforto. Theyíre in a weird situation where they probably should trade for a really good player, but at the same time if they trade one or two of Volpe/Peraza/Dom then theyíre sacrificing the future where they absolutely need some of these guys to become good because of how old and expensive the team is. Other than those guys, they donít look to have any top prospects coming soon other than possibly Spencer Jones. The farm depth has been depleted a bit at recent deadlines.

  12. #2427
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The only guy the shift really, really helps, is Rizzo. Most of the other guys can hit the ball to all fields. Maybe not greatly so but with decency.
    the shift also hurts right hand batters as well so many times i have seen balls hit right up the middle that should be hits become outs ..

  13. #2428
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the shift also hurts right hand batters as well so many times i have seen balls hit right up the middle that should be hits become outs ..
    Thatís not really going to change. Thereís still a guy thatís going to be standing up the middleÖ

  14. #2429
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,172
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I KNOW that. That didn't require him to be there. Just curious.
    You also missed the second S in miss.

    Since you want to ACT like an ***.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #2430
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,172
    Hal Steinbrenner: ďAll I can tell you is that weíre not done yet.Ē Wouldnít get into specifics of how much more heís willing to spend. Mentioned potentially upgrading the bullpen, the lineup.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •