Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 161 of 255 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3821
  1. #2401
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    48,351
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree he's not done yet.

    Is it now acceptable to accuse the Mets of buying a championship as Met fans accused Yankees of doing for years?
    Absolutely! And I applaud them for it.

    With that said, Alonso, Ninmo, McNeil, Nido, Alvarez, Guilorme and then guys who saw limited time, like Baty, Vientos are all from their system. Next year, Alvarez is the projected starter, so 1B, CF, 2B and C will all be from their farm.

    Yankees as of now have Judge and Torres as starters with Cabrera and Peraza as possibilities.
    Mets keep bringing up young talent. Yankees keep trying to buy it. So one could argue that the Yankees are still trying to buy a title but doing it in a disorganized and poor fashion.

    As I said in another post, what is nuts is the the Mets farm ranked 5th. They are doing something right.

    Doc, I have zero issue buying talent, provided you also use your own. That is where the Yankees have fallen far behind teams like the Braves, Astros and now seemingly Mets.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2402
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yankees pitching is better.

    Offensively they are the sane or possibly worse.

    I think Cohen can and will continue to spend. Unlike Hal, he will run the team like a team. He is really smart IMO. He is spending. They will win. People will buy TONS of merchandise. The Mets will make tons of money and he will simply reinvest.

    What's scarier is their farm ranked 5th. If they continue to develop young players, they will always have a cheap influx of talent or the ability to trade for controlled young talent. Also, aside from Lindor and Correa, everyone is off the books in the next few years.
    Really? You think the lineup you posted for the Mets is the same or worse than the Yanks? Yanks have the best overall player but other than that, the Marte lineup is good top to bottom. Much more balanced and deep than the Yankees.
    Last edited by EAGLES3658; 12-21-2022 at 10:17 AM.

  3. #2403
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    48,351
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is what I worry about but after years of the Wilpons doing nothing like you said, I'm not complaining.
    I don't know, you guys have a really good farm. The only two players truly locked up long term are Lindor and Correa.
    When Jet Williams is ready, you move Lindor to 2B. You have Baty to take over LF.

    To me, the Mets look set up for quite a while. The only thing they will need to spend on is pitching. Consdireeing both Verlander and Scherzer will be off the books in a few years, they can simple wait and reload.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #2404
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    48,351
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Really? You think the lineup you posted for the Mets is the same or worse than the Yanks? Yanks have the best overall player but other than that, the Marte lineup is good top to bottom. Much more balanced and deep than the Yankees.
    Oh lord, the Mets lineup is wayyyyyy better. Both lefty -righty but also what was the lowest AVG? 255?
    They won't hit a zillion HRs but they will get runs in and do it in bunches.

    I meant the Yankees this year coming up compared to last year is the same or a little weaker.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #2405
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh lord, the Mets lineup is wayyyyyy better. Both lefty -righty but also what was the lowest AVG? 255?
    They won't hit a zillion HRs but they will get runs in and do it in bunches.

    I meant the Yankees this year coming up compared to last year is the same or a little weaker.
    Oh I gotcha. But yeah agreed. I see Judge regressing (kinda obvious, no one is sustaining that level of play from last year), I canít see Rizzo, DJ, or Stanton getting better with age so Iíd pencil them in for about the same production or slightly worse. In theory, Torres could establish/break out again but heís too inconsistent to really count on that. Trevino is not a good hitter and they just have to live with that for his defense. Bader is an average hitter. Thatís 7/9 spots and all the same guys from last year at the end of the season. Have to imagine thereís going to be someone new in LF so we shall wait and see for that one. Peraza could be an upgrade at SS but I think people are quick to write that one off as a massive upgrade before knowing. Itís important to remember that both Peraza and Volpe started last season in the minors terribly. Both were trash, they are no sure things to be good from day 1. It may take time or may not happen at all. Point is, is there one single spot in the lineup that has been upgraded since the end of the season? Seems like thereís way more potential for the lineup to be worse than to be better at this point.

  6. #2406
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    48,351
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Oh I gotcha. But yeah agreed. I see Judge regressing (kinda obvious, no one is sustaining that level of play from last year), I canít see Rizzo, DJ, or Stanton getting better with age so Iíd pencil them in for about the same production or slightly worse. In theory, Torres could establish/break out again but heís too inconsistent to really count on that. Trevino is not a good hitter and they just have to live with that for his defense. Bader is an average hitter. Thatís 7/9 spots and all the same guys from last year at the end of the season. Have to imagine thereís going to be someone new in LF so we shall wait and see for that one. Peraza could be an upgrade at SS but I think people are quick to write that one off as a massive upgrade before knowing. Itís important to remember that both Peraza and Volpe started last season in the minors terribly. Both were trash, they are no sure things to be good from day 1. It may take time or may not happen at all. Point is, is there one single spot in the lineup that has been upgraded since the end of the season? Seems like thereís way more potential for the lineup to be worse than to be better at this point.
    This is the issue with the Yankees. They need to give Peraza/Volpe the chance to fail and then succeed.
    In Peraza's case, they need to be very clear, it's ok if you hit like crap to start. The job is yours provided you play elite D. We trust the bat will come.
    They need to remove the pressure. That's what good organizations do. They surround young talent with high level, veteran, talent. The Yankees have some of that. I think they are actually in a position for the first time in many years, to cultivate young talent. The issue is patience. They have shown it to an extent with Torres, so hopefully they can do the same with the guys in the system.
    It's actually why as much as I hate the thought, I am growing more and more open to Hicks being the LF. He won't block the next kid. They will move him off the spot

    Bader is average at best with the bat.
    Rizzo will probably see a 25-30 point jump in his average. 260/350/ 800
    I agree about Trevino. That was the proverbial, lighting in a bottle. His D will be great but I think we saw the best of his offense. With that said, he may be very streaky.
    I expect a solid offensive year from DJ- 280+/350 750

    If everyone plays to their cards, the offense should be solid but not great.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #2407
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Im holding out hope that this can be our starting lineup in 2 years.

    Dom LF
    Jones CF
    Judge RT
    Ohtani DH
    Devers 3rd
    Peraza SS
    Volpe 2nd
    Munetaka Murakam 1st
    Wells/Trevino C

    Money saved to get Devers and Ohtani is by trading Stanton and Torres and Cole opts out and doesnt get resigned.


    You should save that joke for April Fools day.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  8. #2408
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is what I worry about but after years of the Wilpons doing nothing like you said, I'm not complaining.
    100% itís not your money.

  9. #2409
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You should save that joke for April Fools day.
    Normally I wouldnt agree with you but ohtani is not coming here.

    Completely unrealistic thought that will not happen.

  10. #2410
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is the issue with the Yankees. They need to give Peraza/Volpe the chance to fail and then succeed.
    In Peraza's case, they need to be very clear, it's ok if you hit like crap to start. The job is yours provided you play elite D. We trust the bat will come.
    They need to remove the pressure. That's what good organizations do. They surround young talent with high level, veteran, talent. The Yankees have some of that. I think they are actually in a position for the first time in many years, to cultivate young talent. The issue is patience. They have shown it to an extent with Torres, so hopefully they can do the same with the guys in the system.
    It's actually why as much as I hate the thought, I am growing more and more open to Hicks being the LF. He won't block the next kid. They will move him off the spot

    Bader is average at best with the bat.
    Rizzo will probably see a 25-30 point jump in his average. 260/350/ 800
    I agree about Trevino. That was the proverbial, lighting in a bottle. His D will be great but I think we saw the best of his offense. With that said, he may be very streaky.
    I expect a solid offensive year from DJ- 280+/350 750

    If everyone plays to their cards, the offense should be solid but not great.
    For sure, itís a regular season offense. Theyíll score a ton of runs in the regular season. They just arenít built for the playoffs. I agree they need to let Peraza and Volpe play and continue to play for a while no matter how bad they are doing just for development reasons. But thatís what doesnít make sense, they give Judge and Rodon all this money to win now but their largest need is offense and their only hope is that two prospects turn into all stars from season 1? Just doesnít make sense. The Yankees put all their eggs into one basket and now must try to win within the next two years. Yet, the team is largely unchanged.

  11. #2411
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,870
    Why is Jeter at Judges press conference? Did i mis something?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  12. #2412
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,398
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why is Jeter at Judges press conference? Did i mis something?
    Yeah, they named Judge the next Captain.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  13. #2413
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,309
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why is Jeter at Judges press conference? Did i mis something?
    Yeah, theyíre bringing Jeter back for one more run. They think heís an upgrade on IKF.

  14. #2414
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Yeah, they named Judge the next Captain.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk


    I KNOW that. That didn't require him to be there. Just curious.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #2415
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yeah, theyíre bringing Jeter back for one more run. They think heís an upgrade on IKF.


    Probably would be.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  16. 12-21-2022, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •