Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 58 of 237 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 3546
  1. #856
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,039
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Dom for Reynolds? No thank you

    I know itís a dice roll, and odds arenít good and all, but the kid starting to look like the real deal. I want to see what we have there. I wouldnít entertain trading him, unless itís for a real star
    oh, for sure not what I would do, but would you really put that past Cashman? I do think they consider Reynolds a star, but he's probably not a top 25 player.

    I 100% agree with you about Dom, he's starting to look like he could live up to most of the hype. He's gotten his swing down from the RH side and since he's done that, he's been on an absolute tear.

    The one thing that may factor into their willingness to trade Dom would be Spencer Jones. He's right behind Dom, has a much, much higher chance to stick in CF and talent wise IMO, they aren't that far apart.

    Dom's 1 of 4-5 guys in the system I absolutely wouldn't trade, but especially after what Cashman gave away at the deadline, I just don't trust him not to move those guys. My untouchable are Volpe, Peraza, Arias and to a slightly lesser extent Dom and Jones.

    I think it's very, very likely Wells, Sweeney and Pereira will be moved at some point in the future, because they really aren't great fits positionally on this roster.

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,531
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree about the pitching, but i think it's very, very unlikely the sign anyone attached to a QO.

    Rodon is looking for 6-7yrs at 35m AAV. I just don't see them giving him that with his injury history. IMO, it much more likely they trade for someone
    Iím my opinion you go after the pitcher. You let Hal worry about the salary. We just care about the production.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  3. #858
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,531
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree about the pitching, but i think it's very, very unlikely the sign anyone attached to a QO.

    Rodon is looking for 6-7yrs at 35m AAV. I just don't see them giving him that with his injury history. IMO, it much more likely they trade for someone
    The Yankees used to have the highest payroll with regards to building a rotation. They once had Clemens, ElDuque, Cone, Pettitte and Irabu.

    Their salary was comparable to what the top pitchers have now. It is all relative.

    Get Rondon and pay the salary and donít worry about it. You never hear Hal or Cashman listing the payroll of the club, the media does that. Sure they say things that you have to read between the lines. But I have never heard Hal say $36 million is too much for Cole with regards to his production.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-28-2022 at 07:40 AM.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  4. #859
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Dom for Reynolds? No thank you

    I know itís a dice roll, and odds arenít good and all, but the kid starting to look like the real deal. I want to see what we have there. I wouldnít entertain trading him, unless itís for a real star
    There are few trades that you have to entertain . Dom, Hicks, Cabrera, Sweeney, Gil for Reynolds?
    It would suck to see Dom and Cabrera go but you get a 28 year old, with hitting AS caliber player? He is under control through 2024, so you get 3 full seasons with him and you have Jones and Pereira still in the system, to take over when Bader leaves.

    I get it. I would love to see Dom but Reynolds had a down year and was still really good.
    Then again, you have a guy who isn't even 20 yet and if he continues as is, should be kicking in a door at the MLB level and could be just as good as Reynolds and be under control for much longer.

    If they could somehow replace Dom with Torres and Pereira as the top billing, I think it would be amazing. You get a guy for 3 years who can play LF/CF until Dom and Jones find their way.
    You also get a trade for Torres that is worth it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,995
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    oh, for sure not what I would do, but would you really put that past Cashman? I do think they consider Reynolds a star, but he's probably not a top 25 player.

    I 100% agree with you about Dom, he's starting to look like he could live up to most of the hype. He's gotten his swing down from the RH side and since he's done that, he's been on an absolute tear.

    The one thing that may factor into their willingness to trade Dom would be Spencer Jones. He's right behind Dom, has a much, much higher chance to stick in CF and talent wise IMO, they aren't that far apart.

    Dom's 1 of 4-5 guys in the system I absolutely wouldn't trade, but especially after what Cashman gave away at the deadline, I just don't trust him not to move those guys. My untouchable are Volpe, Peraza, Arias and to a slightly lesser extent Dom and Jones.

    I think it's very, very likely Wells, Sweeney and Pereira will be moved at some point in the future, because they really aren't great fits positionally on this roster.
    I think if Wells goes in a trade, it speaks to them having an inside track on the Japanese first baseman.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There are few trades that you have to entertain . Dom, Hicks, Cabrera, Sweeney, Gil for Reynolds?
    It would suck to see Dom and Cabrera go but you get a 28 year old, with hitting AS caliber player? He is under control through 2024, so you get 3 full seasons with him and you have Jones and Pereira still in the system, to take over when Bader leaves.

    I get it. I would love to see Dom but Reynolds had a down year and was still really good.
    Then again, you have a guy who isn't even 20 yet and if he continues as is, should be kicking in a door at the MLB level and could be just as good as Reynolds and be under control for much longer.

    If they could somehow replace Dom with Torres and Pereira as the top billing, I think it would be amazing. You get a guy for 3 years who can play LF/CF until Dom and Jones find their way.
    You also get a trade for Torres that is worth it.
    Admittedly I havenít watched a lot of Reynolds. But as far as numbers go, heís good. But I wouldnít trade a guy like Dom for him. If he continues on the track heís going, thereís no reason to think he canít produce at a similar rate, at least

  7. #862
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,363
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Admittedly I havenít watched a lot of Reynolds. But as far as numbers go, heís good. But I wouldnít trade a guy like Dom for him. If he continues on the track heís going, thereís no reason to think he canít produce at a similar rate, at least
    reynolds struck out 140 times last year in 540 at bats yet some people think he is a contact hitter.

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,207
    Reynolds is getting incredibly overrated at this point IMO. He put up awful defensive numbers in CF last year and took a step back with the bat. Heís still a good player, but he is not worth an elite prospect package.

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,565
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Reynolds is getting incredibly overrated at this point IMO. He put up awful defensive numbers in CF last year and took a step back with the bat. Heís still a good player, but he is not worth an elite prospect package.
    Thatís kind of the impression I got. Again, havenít really watched a ton of him. Not impressed enough to make that kind of move. Wouldnít be nearly as bad as dealing all that for Montass, but Iíd pass

  10. #865
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,421
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    oh, for sure not what I would do, but would you really put that past Cashman? I do think they consider Reynolds a star, but he's probably not a top 25 player.

    I 100% agree with you about Dom, he's starting to look like he could live up to most of the hype. He's gotten his swing down from the RH side and since he's done that, he's been on an absolute tear.

    The one thing that may factor into their willingness to trade Dom would be Spencer Jones. He's right behind Dom, has a much, much higher chance to stick in CF and talent wise IMO, they aren't that far apart.

    Dom's 1 of 4-5 guys in the system I absolutely wouldn't trade, but especially after what Cashman gave away at the deadline, I just don't trust him not to move those guys. My untouchable are Volpe, Peraza, Arias and to a slightly lesser extent Dom and Jones.

    I think it's very, very likely Wells, Sweeney and Pereira will be moved at some point in the future, because they really aren't great fits positionally on this roster.
    I'm a huge Dom fan. I read a few articles recently alluding to his lack of hustle. Have you heard anything in this regard? I hate watching players who don't bring it.

  11. #866
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís kind of the impression I got. Again, havenít really watched a ton of him. Not impressed enough to make that kind of move. Wouldnít be nearly as bad as dealing all that for Montass, but Iíd pass
    Even with Dom being overrated, Iíd consider him a far better prospect than anything that went in the Montas trade.

  12. #867
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,565
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Even with Dom being overrated, Iíd consider him a far better prospect than anything that went in the Montas trade.
    Yeah definitely, didnít mean it like that. More like Iíd at least understand the trade, without agreeing with it. The Montas deal made zero sense

  13. #868
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,995
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Reynolds is getting incredibly overrated at this point IMO. He put up awful defensive numbers in CF last year and took a step back with the bat. Heís still a good player, but he is not worth an elite prospect package.
    I agree. I wonder if they would do a Reynolds for Torres straight up?



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #869
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah definitely, didnít mean it like that. More like Iíd at least understand the trade, without agreeing with it. The Montas deal made zero sense
    For sure considering he at the time had a shoulder issue. That was just insane. However, going forward, if the shoulder is healthy then I think he ends up being pretty solid next year at least. I trust Blake to get him straightened out.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. I wonder if they would do a Reynolds for Torres straight up?
    I think Reynolds has a decent bit more value than that and from a player perspective, the Pirates are likely going after prospects because they donít want to pay anyone and would want more control.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •