Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 238 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3566
    With the news that DJ is likely going to avoid surgery, the Yankees have been more aggressive in shopping their MINF. AZ has interest in IKF and Torres.

Yankees really like McCarthy and that he'll play next yr at 25. I'm told that if the Yanks are able to complete the signing of Rodon, they will look to the trade market for LF. Pereira, Schmidt and IKF is a proposed package for McCarthy. AZ is also looking for MILB level MINF, which we have tons of.

Reynolds market is flooded and very expensive. To get him right now it would take 2 of our top 3 and the Yankees aren't interested in that at this time. Dodgers and Marlins seem to be the 2 most aggressive teams

Yankees have interest in Happ and Cubs like Torres. Packages would include other players.

Right now Yankees top priority right now is upgrading the rotation. They Yankees want Rodon, Rodon want to be a Yankee.. based on what i'm told we're they heavy favorite, but it doesn't sound like the Yanks want to go 6-7 yrs. They want to be 5 yrs, with an option. He's unlikely to take less to play here.

Hicks market still is Washington/ Colorado, but it's seen as something that will get done after the big priorities.

Yankees are still in the market of a LHRP
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

getting rodon will be more important for the yanks then getting a hitter for one simple reason the shift is gone batting averages will skyrocket.. you will need more starting quality pitching..

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    While Bader and Benintendi are upgrades over the opening day players, they were apart of the second half team so they’re not really upgrades over the team that stumbled to the finish and got swept in the playoffs. They are not enough.
    I was commenting on the comment that the Yanks opening day lineup would be the same as last year. Don't move the goal post on me. And Bader wasn't an active part of the July/August collapse. He actually started playing in mid-September, about the time Yankees righted the ship.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 12-08-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't know. If they can slide Judge into the DH spot in 3-4 years and you have the young guys as your core, I think it will be great!
    Yeah, hopefully Judge is at least still hitting then. My point is, imagine Peraza, Volpe, and whoever becoming all stars 3 years from now. Wouldn’t it be nice to add premier free agent in his prime rather than surrounding them with a 37 year old Stanton and a 34 year old Judge? Do we think those guys stay healthy and productive then? It’s a lot to ask of aging giants.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    getting rodon will be more important for the yanks then getting a hitter for one simple reason the shift is gone batting averages will skyrocket.. you will need more starting quality pitching..
    increase, yeah. skyrocket? no

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I was commenting on the comment that the Yanks opening day lineup would be the same as last year. Don't move the goal post on me. And Bader wasn't an active part of the July/August collapse. He actually started playing in mid-September, about the time Yankees righted the ship.
    Wasn’t trying to move the goal posts on ya. Just saying that even with Bader playing better than he ever has before in the playoffs, the Yankees still got swept. The Yankees need more offense. A lot of people seem to be putting a lot of faith in these guys when pretty much all the hitters that will be relied on are over 30. That means regression is significantly more likely than them getting better. The Yankees need to retool this lineup big time.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Should've been more clear. BAA for RH pitchers vs LH hitters. So get more LH pitchers to help combat that
    Ah yes, that makes more sense. I think the Yankees probably like Rodon because he’s really freakin good more than anything. Yankees love high K pitchers with low walk rates.

Yankees view Rodon as a " bulldog" type ace. Love that they would be able to change up pitching styles and having the ability to change what hitters are seeing game to game in a playoff series. They also view him as insurance if Cole opts our after 24
    1 Cole is dominate, power RH pitcher
    2 Rendon is similar from the LH side
    3 Sevy is a power RH pitcher but his sequencing makes him a way different look than Cole
    4 Nestor gives you a completely different look/ velo from the LH side
    5 Montas is more of a north/south pitcher that throws hard . The Yankees are expecting to see the healthy version of Montas and still believe in that trade. He was said to be extremely distracted when we got him because of losing the woman that raised him from an early age in July. He was act actually on leave from the A's when we traded for him.. Stupid time to trade for him, but that's on Cashman, not him

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    This is utter nonsense, Nicky.
    Love California but the politics ruin it for me….I’ll never go back and give them a dime anymore.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

I agree with the people who are saying the Yankees can't be done here. If they are, they will be worse than last year. They need a leftfielder who can make contact, preferably a lefty. Dumping Hicks and Donaldson should be priority number two. Priority number three should be replacing Donaldson with a viable option. I'd be fine with keeping Torres and using DJL over there personally, but if Torres has to be traded to get the LF they'll still need a 2b or 3b. I still say the lowest priority item is the starting pitcher.

On the other hand if they can sign Rodon and still get their LF and still improve at 3b I don't care how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Love California but the politics ruin it for me….I’ll never go back and give them a dime anymore.
    Huge loss for Cali

Jk

@StephenMeyerRDC
    ·
    32m
    Rodon's career vs. #Astros:

7 starts, 1.55 ERA & 44 K in 46.1 IP + hates on them publicly?

SIGN HIM NOW #Yankees

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @StephenMeyerRDC
    ·
    32m
    Rodon's career vs. #Astros:

7 starts, 1.55 ERA & 44 K in 46.1 IP + hates on them publicly?

SIGN HIM NOW #Yankees
    Lol. That's pretty funny
    Wasn't Montas an Astros killer?

I love Rodoh's stuff. I am just terrified of injuries with him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    beni got injured sept 4 and was starting to hit bader only played 14 games last year in the regular season and hit in the playoffs to say they were integral parts of the collapse is untrue..

are you always this negative about the yankees why not post something positive... once in awhile..
    that REALLY made me laugh

Yanks out on Correa who is looking for a big, longer deal than Xander and Turner got.

I know most won't look at it this way, but Judge signing for 9yrs, was kinda a favorable out come for us.

The Rodon market has thinned alot in the last 24hrs. LAD are more looking for a RH starter and they won't go past 4yrs. Padres are out after Xander. Giants seem focused on Correa. Mets want Senga or at least they aren't looking to spend another 30m AAV on pitching. Rangers are very much still in. Rodon wants to win now and if he wasn't a Boras guy, this would be done. He's trying to get every dime possible