Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 239 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3572
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not to mention that Diaz, Brantley, and Gurriel are all likely gone at this point. Either way about it, the Astros are a model to follow when it comes to successful roster construction.
    Yep. I strongly believe it's because they are like a family. They support the kids. They give them a shot.

To me? Judge looked elated to play alongside Cabrera. After that first catch? Judge seems like the absolutely, perfect type of guy to mentor these kids. He and Rizzo?? How much better does it get for a young player? That isn't taking away from other guys. I am guessing JD is actually pretty cool to the youngsters at this point as would be carpenter.
    Same with Bader.

Ha
    I am only proving my own point to myself even more. This team is perfectly set up for a youth infusion.
    If they actually do it, I will be thrilled and eat my words with a plate of crow tartare.

Ignorance is bliss

Yanks should have signed that Japanese star. RedSox got a super deal for less than $100 million. And donít tell me about his defense. Did you see his bat?

And MLB coaches are the best in the world. He can be coached up if needed. He is a contact guy. That is what we need more of anyway.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    beni got injured sept 4 and was starting to hit bader only played 14 games last year in the regular season and hit in the playoffs to say they were integral parts of the collapse is untrue..

are you always this negative about the yankees why not post something positive... once in awhile..
    Seems that you confuse realism with negativity. Benintendi was playing over his head and predictably crashed when he came to NY. He is solid/good player and Iíll take him, but not a difference maker. Bader is in the same boat, solid, not a difference maker, but he can start in CF. Both are roughly average hitters, the offense needs more. Do you really think adding Benintendi to the lineup in that Houston series makes the slightest difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    This is utter nonsense, Nicky.
    I don't think I have ever heard SD described as an "armpit". Quite the opposite
    I don't agree or disagree with their politics but it's weird to hear someone from a state who's governor would send half of the players at ST to other places on planes, really shouldn't talk politics.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. I strongly believe it's because they are like a family. They support the kids. They give them a shot.

To me? Judge looked elated to play alongside Cabrera. After that first catch? Judge seems like the absolutely, perfect type of guy to mentor these kids. He and Rizzo?? How much better does it get for a young player? That isn't taking away from other guys. I am guessing JD is actually pretty cool to the youngsters at this point as would be carpenter.
    Same with Bader.

Ha
    I am only proving my own point to myself even more. This team is perfectly set up for a youth infusion.
    If they actually do it, I will be thrilled and eat my words with a plate of crow tartare.
    Peraza and Volpe becoming impact hitters sooner rather than later is basically this teams only hope at winning a World Series in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yanks should have signed that Japanese star. RedSox got a super deal for less than $100 million. And donít tell me about his defense. Did you see his bat?

And MLB coaches are the best in the world. He can be coached up if needed. He is a contact guy. That is what we need more of anyway.
    The Yankees need more one dimensional Japanese players on $100MM contracts that haven't proved a thing in MLB yet?

The Yankees need more one dimensional Japanese players on $100MM contracts that haven't proved a thing in MLB yet?
    Mostly, we ignore stuff like this. Not always, but usually.

Yeah, heís going to have to REALLY hit to make up for his defense and lack of power from what Iíve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Peraza and Volpe becoming impact hitters sooner rather than later is basically this teams only hope at winning a World Series in the next few years.
    Unless they pull off a trade for Reynolds, dump JD and sign Correa, pretty much.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that those two catch fire but I don't count on it.

I also think if the Yankees are playing a long game, it will be ok. If they are truly going to give youth a shot, they have a chance to build something really good over the next couple years, while still being competitive.
    Bader is signed another year. There is some belief that Dom could be sniffing the bigs at the end of 2023.
    There is actually belief that Jones may do the same. (How would that be as an OF, Judge at 6'7" in RF and Jones at 6'7" in CF)
    IF-IF-IF one of those two are ready in 2024, you are likely looking at Volpe, Peraza and Dom/Jones as big pieces and then the next year, all 4 of them. That changes everything about the team
    Factor into that the kid in Japan who Day believes will be a Yankee in 24?

If patience is the game, I am fine with it. I just wish these guys would say one way or the other.

I will also add that if they do plan for youth, then I am fine with just making the playoffs because it builds expectation, work ethic and experience for them

Ignorance is bliss

No, they haven't. Last time they were in the WS was 1998 and they have missed the playoffs entirely in 20 of the 24 seasons since then. Plus, they've literally never won a World Series in their entire existence.

Hence Preller's absolute desperation to get the monkey off their back.
    My apologies, I literally forgot all about the Phillies. I stopped watching after we got eliminated and in my brain they went this year.

I know we are pretty split on Rodon, I'm in favor, but I'm not sure anyone has brought up the fact that he's a lefty, and the FO might be thinking we need more of those with the shift being eliminated. I would suspect BAA for righties vs lefties will be .2 - .5 points higher across the board. Maybe the thinking is to bring in another lefty starter to combat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Unless they pull off a trade for Reynolds, dump JD and sign Correa, pretty much.
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that those two catch fire but I don't count on it.

I also think if the Yankees are playing a long game, it will be ok. If they are truly going to give youth a shot, they have a chance to build something really good over the next couple years, while still being competitive.
    Bader is signed another year. There is some belief that Dom could be sniffing the bigs at the end of 2023.
    There is actually belief that Jones may do the same. (How would that be as an OF, Judge at 6'7" in RF and Jones at 6'7" in CF)
    IF-IF-IF one of those two are ready in 2024, you are likely looking at Volpe, Peraza and Dom/Jones as big pieces and then the next year, all 4 of them. That changes everything about the team
    Factor into that the kid in Japan who Day believes will be a Yankee in 24?

If patience is the game, I am fine with it. I just wish these guys would say one way or the other.

I will also add that if they do plan for youth, then I am fine with just making the playoffs because it builds expectation, work ethic and experience for them
    I agree that they should commit to the young guys, I feel like they donít have a choice. But if they were committing to the future then they should not have brought Judge back. By the time Volpe, Peraza, Dom, etc are hopefully established, guys like Cole, Judge, and Stanton will most likely be horrible contracts and will make it tough to add around the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I know we are pretty split on Rodon, I'm in favor, but I'm not sure anyone has brought up the fact that he's a lefty, and the FO might be thinking we need more of those with the shift being eliminated. I would suspect BAA for righties vs lefties will be .2 - .5 points higher across the board. Maybe the thinking is to bring in another lefty starter to combat that?
    What is the logic behind righties BA increasing vs lefties? It seems that left handed hitters will be the main beneficiary of the new rule.

What is the logic behind righties BA increasing vs lefties? It seems that left handed hitters will be the main beneficiary of the new rule.
    Should've been more clear. BAA for RH pitchers vs LH hitters. So get more LH pitchers to help combat that

I agree that they should commit to the young guys, I feel like they donít have a choice. But if they were committing to the future then they should not have brought Judge back. By the time Volpe, Peraza, Dom, etc are hopefully established, guys like Cole, Judge, and Stanton will most likely be horrible contracts and will make it tough to add around the young guys.
    I don't know. If they can slide Judge into the DH spot in 3-4 years and you have the young guys as your core, I think it will be great!

Ignorance is bliss