Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 239 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3572
    We have to see what happens with JD, hicks and Torres first but there really isnít room for new guys right now until they are gone. Left field is open and thatís it. Think Cashman needs to make some trades to free up some spots and money.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    We have to see what happens with JD, hicks and Torres first but there really isnít room for new guys right now until they are gone. Left field is open and thatís it. Think Cashman needs to make some trades to free up some spots and money.
    Marwin and Carpenter are also gone. That clears space for Peraza and Beni.

As I have said many times, I will not be even, slightly surprised if the opening day lineup is the same as it was last year.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree, pitching ain't the problem.
    does that include the bullpen which cost us at least 10 wins last year.. and probably best record..not that it would have mattered ion the end..

either get reynolds beni or nimmo for left and rodon. you will have a much better starting staff have whoever of the 3 in left and bader in center for a full season and if the youngsters play well that is a much improved offense. i am also counting on stanton not hitting barely over 200 if he can stay healthy and return to form another plus.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who In the hell wants to play in that pit of a city?

Anything in California is a joke anyway just because of the political structure. And the burnt up brown uniís are atrocious.

Plus they have a Ped user who cheats. Who wants to be associated with that guy?
    Lol yes, the pit of a city of San Diego. Cmon Mush, it is one of the nicest cities with the best weather in the country. And I would bet a lot of money that the City of SD lines up much closer to your views than NYC does. They've been to a World Series in the last decade, and with a lineup of Soto, Machado, Tatis, Xander will be very competitive.

Realistically there aren't too many "small market" teams anymore. These TV deals are so lucrative for the owners. The Yankees are going to have much more competition for free agents moving forward. I also think that we as fans (and Cashman and to a lesser extent Hal) still look at contracts through the lens of 20 years ago. When Arod set the record for $25 million. A lot of people expect $25 million to net you a generational talent. Well, now it nets you Xander. A nice player, but not generational.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Marwin and "Carpenter are also gone. " That clears space for Peraza and Beni.

As I have said many times, I will not be even, slightly surprised if the opening day lineup is the same as it was last year.
    I know Carp became a FA, but unless he has already signed elsewhere,I think Yanks should/will re-sign him.

King should be back for start of '23 regular season. Effross much later in the year, maybe not until '24.

They will pat themselves on the back for Judge and tell us that he was their primary offseason target.
    If they get Rodon, great but if it's 6 for 180? No. It's just stupid.

The Yankees starting lineup is worse right now than it was last year. They have literally done nothing to change it.
    Bader instead of Hicks is a +. I believe Peraza instead of IKF is also a +. Gallo replaced by Benie or almost anyone else (Reynolds, Nimmo, etc) will be a +.

Anything in California is a joke anyway just because of the political structure. And the burnt up brown uniís are atrocious.

dErP

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Bader instead of Hicks is a +. I believe Peraza instead of IKF is also a +. Gallo replaced by Benie or almost anyone else (Reynolds, Nimmo, etc) will be a +.
    While Bader and Benintendi are upgrades over the opening day players, they were apart of the second half team so theyíre not really upgrades over the team that stumbled to the finish and got swept in the playoffs. They are not enough.

Luck counts.

With that said,
    Alverez, Altuve, Correa, Pena, Bregman, Tucker, McCormick - All came up as rookies for the Astros. All from their farm. Astros field a team that, after correa left, has 6 homegrown products who have all made rookie debuts with this team. They have a constant stream of youth.

They allow their rookies a shot to play. Now they have 6 homegrown position players and a very low payroll. They have also been a much better team than the yankees and have a more sustainable system
    Not to mention that Diaz, Brantley, and Gurriel are all likely gone at this point. Either way about it, the Astros are a model to follow when it comes to successful roster construction.

This is utter nonsense, Nicky.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Lol yes, the pit of a city of San Diego. Cmon Mush, it is one of the nicest cities with the best weather in the country. And I would bet a lot of money that the City of SD lines up much closer to your views than NYC does. They've been to a World Series in the last decade, and with a lineup of Soto, Machado, Tatis, Xander will be very competitive.
    No, they haven't. Last time they were in the WS was 1998 and they have missed the playoffs entirely in 20 of the 24 seasons since then. Plus, they've literally never won a World Series in their entire existence.

Hence Preller's absolute desperation to get the monkey off their back.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I fully agree.
    My fear is that they don't go that way and that we see Hicks as the opening day LF, JD at 3B and IKF at SS

I love Bader. He is a big upgrade on both sides over hicks but he's not yet shown to be a good offensive player. Solid, yes. He would be a great bottom of the order guy who gets on and can steal but I don't count on him to be an engine.

Nor do I Peraza. Not because I don't think he's capable but because he's a rookie and he will take time.
    Same for Cabrera

Beni is a good hitter and and excellent defender. I do hope they get him back but the FO seems to be dragging their feet.
    That is what concerns me. The complacency
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-08-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    While Bader and Benintendi are upgrades over the opening day players, they were apart of the second half team so theyíre not really upgrades over the team that stumbled to the finish and got swept in the playoffs. They are not enough.
    beni got injured sept 4 and was starting to hit bader only played 14 games last year in the regular season and hit in the playoffs to say they were integral parts of the collapse is untrue..

are you always this negative about the yankees why not post something positive... once in awhile..