Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 232 of 255 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3821
  1. #3466
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,194
    Eff German. Slaps his wife around, quits on the team on social media. Wish he would find employment elsewhere. Chapman Jr.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #3467
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Eff German. Slaps his wife around, quits on the team on social media. Wish he would find employment elsewhere. Chapman Jr.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Love him or hate him personally he has been very useful to this team when they've needed him. Dropping him now when they need a temporary 5th starter would be foolish. Wouldn't be surprised though if Schmidt beats him out for it though.

  3. #3468
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    39,602
    Schmidt is terrible. Want no part of him even in the bullpen.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  4. #3469
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,868
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Eff German. Slaps his wife around, quits on the team on social media. Wish he would find employment elsewhere. Chapman Jr.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    All I care about is what they do on the field.

    Winning is all that matters.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  5. #3470
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,194
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    All I care about is what they do on the field.

    Winning is all that matters.
    26-21 record. Whole lot of winning.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  6. #3471
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Love him or hate him personally he has been very useful to this team when they've needed him. Dropping him now when they need a temporary 5th starter would be foolish. Wouldn't be surprised though if Schmidt beats him out for it though.
    We know where you stand with domestic abusers on the team. Who cares what message it sends to kids, as long as it helps the team win!

    This will be useless, as I have zero personal tolerance for anyone who lays a hand on a woman. It could be Aaron Judge and I'd still want him off the team. But, I digress. This won't lead to anything meaningful.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-27-2023 at 11:34 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #3472
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,255
    German is an awful starter, decent long man but I do not get what people see in him as a rotation piece. Guy throws BP.

  8. #3473
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    We know where you stand with domestic abusers on the team. Who cares what message it sends to kids, as long as it helps the team win!

    This will be useless, as I have zero personal tolerance for anyone who lays a hand on a woman. It could be Aaron Judge and I'd still want him off the team. But, I digress. This won't lead to anything meaningful.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Fireman doesn't like dude's who beat up women and I'm with him. I don't ask ball players to be model citizens but it's hard to root for a POS. Mantle and Babe were drunken p*ssy hounds, but they weren't women beaters. I draw the line there.
    I worked in Hollywood for years and after getting to know many movie stars I loved, I found myself unable to look at their fillms any more.
    Once I know a hero is a POS, he's no longer a hero.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

  9. #3474
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,194
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Fireman doesn't like dude's who beat up women and I'm with him. I don't ask ball players to be model citizens but it's hard to root for a POS. Mantle and Babe were drunken p*ssy hounds, but they weren't women beaters. I draw the line there.
    I worked in Hollywood for years and after getting to know many movie stars I loved, I found myself unable to look at their fillms any more.
    Once I know a hero is a POS, he's no longer a hero.
    Jangoooo!!

    Love ya bud. Hope all is well

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #3475
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,941
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    being told that Cole Hamels threw today for team and looked very, very good. He was sitting 89-92 with excellent spin on his breaking pitches. Yanks have expressed interest on a MILB deal with an invite to ST.

    i'm not the biggest fan of the guy, but unless Montas is going to be out for the yr, German should be more than fine as a 5th starter. I'd be fine with German in that role all yr actually
    Good lord, I guess a rotation of Sevy, Cole, Cortes, Rodon with German, King and Schmidt isn't enough, we need to dumpster dive just because.

    German is a fine 5th starter, but his time has come and gone in terms of opportunities. The yankees need to prioritize on the future and right now King, followed by Schmidt has the best starter's stuff on the club. This team needs to balance out albatrosses like Stanton and Judge, along with others, with cheap and young players.

  11. #3476
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,613
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    German is an awful starter, decent long man but I do not get what people see in him as a rotation piece. Guy throws BP.
    I am really hoping that someone emerges in ST. I am not a huge fan of German. I also think he's better suited to the pen.
    I don't know if Gil is even close. It's been almost 8 months, so I am guessing he's at least throwing.
    I am not sure how King is but I would hope they'd give him a look.
    I am not sure if Beeter is close.

    I hope they are open



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #3477
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am really hoping that someone emerges in ST. I am not a huge fan of German. I also think he's better suited to the pen.
    I don't know if Gil is even close. It's been almost 8 months, so I am guessing he's at least throwing.
    I am not sure how King is but I would hope they'd give him a look.
    I am not sure if Beeter is close.

    I hope they are open
    My understanding, Gil had the sleeve procedure, so he should be pretty close in 1-2 months. I know he's been throwing FB and CU off a mound. Not sure if he's throwing breaking balls yet.

    I'll be extremely interested to see Gil on the mound again. TJS, at least with the Yanks, our pitchers seem to come back with much improved CU. Its usually the first non FB pitch they let them throw. If he can come back with an improved CU, maybe he can stay a starter.

    If not I think we see him in the BP, where he can get by on his 2 plus pitches
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

  13. #3478
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Jangoooo!!

    Love ya bud. Hope all is well

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Just spent a month in Thailand with my girl, so all is very well!
    Hope the fireman's got a full hose and life is good.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

  14. #3479
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,194
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Just spent a month in Thailand with my girl, so all is very well!
    Hope the fireman's got a full hose and life is good.
    Any ping pongs?

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #3480
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,868
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    26-21 record. Whole lot of winning.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    So if you were a GM and needed one starting pitcher to get you over the hump and the only two choices were Trevor Bauer and Justus Sheffield who would you take?
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •