Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 232 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Sounds like the Dodger made Judge a massive AAV, short term deal. It's being suggested it was in the 4yr 200m range. Sounds like it was a take it or leave it offer with a clock on it and Judge passed. Dodger are believed to be moving on to a SS and pitching and may circle back to Judge if he hasn't signed by the winter meetings.

The Yankees apparently knew well in advance about the Judge/Giants meeting. Judge is going to investigate FA like he said he would.

Yankees are still very confident in their chances with Judge because he promised Hal the last chance and Hal is very intent on bringing Judge back.

Many around the industry think that the Yanks will keep Judge and make 1 other big time move.

The Yankees are in on FA SP for Japan, Senga

Scouts seem to be very split on Senga. He's considered to have the best split finger in the world, throws in the mid to upper 90's, has a good SL and has a cutter, CB and CU that are seen as avg. He pitched well in the WBC using the MLB ball, but some scouts are concerned he'll lose velo and control when he has to use the MLB ball consistently. Most scouts comp his to Kuroda, but with much more velo.

Benny is starting to look more unlikely. He's said to be seeking a deal in the 6yr100m range and the Yankees don't value him at that AAV, but it's the yrs they really object to.

Interesting rumor, the Pirates really, really like Cabrera as a 2nd baseman and interested in a possible trade involving Cabrera plus for Reynolds. Yanks have loved Reynolds for yrs and see him as a perfect LF/leadoff type.

I'm certainly not in a hurry to trade Cabrera, but if it took him plus to get Reynolds, get it done
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-23-2022 at 01:12 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sounds like the Dodger made Judge a massive AAV, short term deal. It's being suggested it was in the 4yr 200m range. Sounds like it was a take it or leave it offer with a clock on it and Judge passed. Dodger are believed to be moving on to a SS and pitching and may circle back to Judge if he hasn't signed by the winter meetings.

The Yankees apparently knew well in advance about the Judge/Giants meeting. Judge is going to investigate FA like he said he would.

Yankees are still very confident in their chances with Judge because he promised Hal the last chance and Hal is very intent on bringing Judge back.

Many around the industry think that the Yanks will keep Judge and make 1 other big time move.

The Yankees are in on FA SP for Japan, Senga

Scouts seem to be very split on Senga. He's considered to have the best split finger in the world, throws in the mid to upper 90's, has a good SL and has a cutter, CB and CU that are seen as avg. He pitched well in the WBC using the MLB ball, but some scouts are concerned he'll lose velo and control when he has to use the MLB ball consistently. Most scouts comp his to Kuroda, but with much more velo.

Benny is starting to look more unlikely. He's said to be seeking a deal in the 6yr100m range and the Yankees don't value him at that AAV, but it's the yrs they really object to.

Interesting rumor, the Pirates really, really like Cabrera as a 2nd baseman and interested in a possible trade involving Cabrera plus for Reynolds. Yanks have loved Reynolds for yrs and see him as a perfect LF/leadoff type.

I'm certainly not in a hurry to trade Cabrera, but if it took him plus to get Reynolds, get it done
    I would love Reynolds but who do you send along with Cabrera? If they want him to play 2B, Torres is out of that deal. Would they want Hicks? Probably not. Flo? Sure but likely as an add on and not a headline. There are no high level arms left, which would be the perfect addition.

Cabrera
    Pereira
    Flo
    Sweeney
    German
    Hicks (Yankees eat half)

I don't know. I think they will want another one in the top 5 and if they are really going to roll with Peraza/Volpe, they are not going in the deal that sends the other IF. Swap out Sweeney for Wells? I don't know if that moves the needle. It's another reason why the moves last year are looking more questionable.

I didn't realize Reynolds is under control through 2025. He is a very valuable chip.

I will say about the trades, I agree with your comments about Montas. If he was not right and gets right, the top 4 will be silly.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown my original comment was in response to Dayners point regarding PED use, not to the article per se or the contents. Maybe these questions should be directed to Day?
    Right on.

Ignorance is bliss

Clown, I have no idea who they would have to add to Cabrera to get Reynolds.
    My guess is Pitt would ask for Dom and the Yanks counter with Pereira and Sweeney? I have zero clue what the package would be.. the extent of what I was told is they love Cabrera for 2nd base and how much control he has. Then I was told that they'd be willing to talk about Reynolds to get him

Clown, I have no idea who they would have to add to Cabrera to get Reynolds.
    My guess is Pitt would ask for Dom and the Yanks counter with Pereira and Sweeney? I have zero clue what the package would be.. the extent of what I was told is they love Cabrera for 2nd base and how much control he has. Then I was told that they'd be willing to talk about Reynolds to get him
    Right on. Again, just a bummer they have no pitching to really offer.
    Cabrera, Waldi, Medina, Pereira and Sweeney would be a very good start. Wouldn't need a ton more, maybe Schmidt or German.

It's a tough call regarding Dom.
    Dom
    Cabrera
    Schmidt
    Sweeney
    Pereira

That could get it done. Reynolds is someone I'd part with Dom to get.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Cabrera, Waldi, Medina, Pereira and Sweeney would be a very good start. Wouldn't need a ton more, maybe Schmidt or German.

Dom
    Cabrera
    Schmidt
    Sweeney
    Pereira

Why give up so much of our future when we can get Benie for just $s, a lot of $s maybe, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Why give up so much of our future when we can get Benie for just $s, a lot of $s maybe, but still...
    Beni is apparently looking 6 years for 120

Reynolds is still only 27 and has 3 years of control left. I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't get him. I agree. It's a bunch to give up but you would keep Peraza and Volpe, Wells and Jones who is going to be quite good and can play CF

Ignorance is bliss

MichiganYankees
    ·
    34m
    Jeff Passan on TMKS: “All signs point to Aaron Judge remaining with the Yankees.”

MichiganYankees
    ·
    34m
    Jeff Passan on TMKS: “All signs point to Aaron Judge remaining with the Yankees.”
    sure like he went all the way to frisco and met with the giants owners knowing it is a done deal he is staying with the yanks lol . until proven otherwise all signs point to him leaving the yankees..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    sure like he went all the way to frisco and met with the giants owners knowing it is a done deal he is staying with the yanks lol . until proven otherwise all signs point to him leaving the yankees..
    He was going home to spend time with his family in the area. You act like he flew across country just for the meeting.

The meeting changes nothing with the Yankees chances. There is a 0-100% chance he signs here.

Because you, nor I, nor any one person other than Judge(outside of his wife/parents), has any idea of what will actually happen.

So kindly take your negatives vibes and **** right off.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    He was going home to spend time with his family in the area. You act like he flew across country just for the meeting.

The meeting changes nothing with the Yankees chances. There is a 0-100% chance he signs here.

Because you, nor I, nor any one person other than Judge(outside of his wife/parents), has any idea of what will actually happen.

So kindly take your negatives vibes and **** right off.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Just saw on Yankees.com that Volpe is Yank's top candidate for ROY. I had expected it to be Peraza because I expect Peraza to break ST as a starter, but Volpe more likely to be a mid-year call up. But then what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Just saw on Yankees.com that Volpe is Yank's top candidate for ROY. I had expected it to be Peraza because I expect Peraza to break ST as a starter, but Volpe more likely to be a mid-year call up. But then what do I know?
    just my guess, but that's probably based on Volpe top 10 overall ranking, where Peraza is in the 30-40 range.

FWIW I think both of them have a very legit chance to win the ROY. Even if the Yanks wait till May to call up Volpe, his bat is special enough that he could still win. I wouldn't be surprised if Volpe hit 270, 20+ 2bs, 20+ hrs and 40 + SB while playing a plus 2nd base. Volpe could have a similar season to Julio Rodriguez had this yr, IMO

Peraza is going to be a defensive star. We have already seen a little what he's capable of on that side of the ball, but the best is yet to come. I think we'll see him competing with Pena for the GG for yrs. Offensively, he's doesn't have quite the bat Volpe does, but that more praise for Volpe than a knock on Peraza. He's going to hit and impact the game with his speed, but I'm not sure the bat will adjust quite as quickly as Volpe likely will, IMO.

Volpe will impact the team more offensively in his 1st season but the defense will still be a big asset. Peraza's defense will likely be his best side of the ball next yr, but the overall offensive profile will still impact the offense a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Dom
    Cabrera
    Schmidt
    Sweeney
    Pereira

I agree it would be a much easier deal to get done if we hadn't traded the majority of our MLC ready pitching specs.

That said, while the top 10 is certainly position heavy, but we're still very, very much loaded with high ceiling pitching specs. Gomez, Beeters, Gil, Beck ( who I think is going to be a stud) Carela, Yulie, Cerna, Brito and Vasquez all are still very high ceiling specs with lots of value. A team like Pitt could probably be convinced to take a couple of those types because they fit much better into their "window"

The Dodger are after Reynold hard and with us being unlikely to trade Dom, Peraza, Volpe and Arias, they would likely be able to top our offer.

Just watched a new report on Murikami. I didn't realize that his favorite player was Matsui, he wears #55 in honor to Matsui and he'd like to follow in Matsui's foot steps to the NYY.

Beside him setting the Japanize HR record, he also screwed around and won their triple crown and the MVP. 76% of his hit's last yr went for extra bases. WOW

Our core could very well be Murikami, Volpe, Peraza, Dom, Arias and Jones. Judge would be the veteran leader and he would be surrounded by younger, high ceiling players. I'd be more than pleased with the group of players