Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 238 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc, all of the guys mentioned were tenacious competitors and their crap attitude stemmed from losing or the team underperforming.
    Those guys used their rage and *******ry as motivators.
    You cannot argue the Torres has an iota of that intensity with any consistency. He clearly takes off plays. He clearly gives away ABs. He is not a fighter.

Yes, to me, if you are scratching and clawing to win and or dominate the game, you get way more leeway with a crap attitude.

I find it suspect that Torres's best year by far, is the same year he was accused of wearing a wire. I am not certain by any means and we will likely, never know but it is a strange coincidence.
    We constantly talk about that season but there is no guarantee he ever returns to that type of line.

He is a good payer. He will likely be a career 20+ Hr, 260 Avg, 330 OBP. 750 OPS type of player. In no way am I diminishing his ability. It's actually the opposite. I see his ability. He just doesn't work to get there. That is the issue. He doesn't work. He's been given no reason to do so. A change of scenery might do that for him.
    torres 38 home runs came in the juice ball year brett gardner hit 28 home runs that year..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    For ****'s sake!! Someone sign someone! Anyone. It doesn't matter. This is horribly boring.

Ignorance is bliss

This is a great idea
    I love every move in it

https://theathletic.com/3915871/2022...liam-hendriks/

Yankees sign Judge
    Sign Ninmo
    Trade Torres and Schmidt for Hendriks
    Peraza is the SS and Volpe the 2B

Trade JD and Hicks

Did someone from here write that???
    someone who reads what we post maybe?lol

Would you rather have Benny for something like 5yrs80m or Nimmo for 6yrs 130m ? I like the idea of Nimmo in LF because LF in YS is so big that you almost need a guy that covers ground like a CFer.

I do have age and injury concerns with Nimmo, plus he's attached to a QO

With the reports that Torres will very, very likely be traded and the legit chance DJ isn't healthy to start the season, the only in house options that make sense up the middle are Cabrera, Peraza and Volpe. Hal as said repeatedly that his plan is to go with kids in the middle INF. If Judge is back, which i would say is 80% likely as of now, I'll be surprised if it isn't the kids up the middle.

I was told again today to watch Correa to the Yanks if they are able to move enough of JD,IKF and Hicks salaries.

I won't be surprised at all if you see Torres, 1 of Schmidt or German, and 2 of Pereira, Wells or Sweeney moved for Woodruff

I think we can rule on Rodon, he's looking for 7yrs210m. The Yanks aren't going to give him that kinda deal.

The Yankees got DeGrom's medical reports, but I'm guessing that is due diligence.

Also sounds like the Torres for Lopez deal is circling the drain, fast. They want Torres and 1 of our top 3 plus for Lopez and with his poor 2nd half, the Yankees aren't going to give up that much for him.

Mia really wants Torres(they are also the favorites to sign Sanchez also) but a 1for 1 deal for Rodgers is more likely than Lopez based on what i'm hearing

The free agent market this year is completely uninspiring for mid-tier players. Other than a big deal player, I think Id set this one out. Guys like Nimmo and Benintendi seem like mistake contracts waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The free agent market this year is completely uninspiring for mid-tier players. Other than a big deal player, I think Id set this one out. Guys like Nimmo and Benintendi seem like mistake contracts waiting to happen.
    It's a weird year. I agree about both those guys but then you are left with Hicks. Maybe a trade in the works for someone? Who the hell knows.

Ignorance is bliss

It's a weird year. I agree about both those guys but then you are left with Hicks. Maybe a trade in the works for someone? Who the hell knows.
    Yanks are in talks with AZ for one of their LHed OFer. They really, really like OF/C Daulton Varsho

The Yanks are also showing a lot of interest if NPL players Senga and Yoshida. Senga as a backend starter and Yoshida for LF

MAybe Bellinger on a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yanks are in talks with AZ for one of their LHed OFer. They really, really like OF/C Daulton Varsho

The Yanks are also showing a lot of interest if NPL players Senga and Yoshida. Senga as a backend starter and Yoshida for LF

Isn't Yoshida the slow, crappy fielder with concerns of his ability to hit MLB pitching?

Varsho? So they like a guy with a high K rate who hits hrs?? Shocking! (At least he can run)
    Who are the others? Corbin and McCarthy?
    Corbin is a baby, so I can't see them parting ways with him. McCarthy is interesting but he's another high strike out guy.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. But I would rather do a 1 or 2 year deal with a club option, in case they fix him!!

Ignorance is bliss

Tons of teams in on Bellinger, Toronto and Atlanta seem to be the favorites. Sounds like he wants to go to another team that is close to being a winner.

Marlins also want him, but it sounds like he wants a team a little closer.

With Toronto trading Hernandez and DFA Tapia, it would make a lot of sense for them. If he went to ATL and they fixed him, that team could walk backwards and blind folded to the NLCS.

Toronto is also said to be a very strong dark horse for 1 of the 4 big SS. Sounds like they would like to trade Bichette plus for a TORP. They are interested in Ohtani which would require a much bigger package. They are also interested in pitcher from the Brewers or Marlins

Imagining Toronto with Bellinger, Swanson and Burnes or Woodruff should be enough for Hal to spend into the next LT tier

I wouldn't mind that. But I would rather do a 1 or 2 year deal with a club option, in case they fix him!!
    I agree, but Scott Boras has said that he will only do a one-year deal to reestablish his value.

I agree, but Scott Boras has said that he will only do a one-year deal to reestablish his value.
    I forgot boras was his rep

Ignorance is bliss

Tons of teams in on Bellinger, Toronto and Atlanta seem to be the favorites. Sounds like he wants to go to another team that is close to being a winner.

With Toronto trading Hernandez and DFA Tapia, it would make a lot of sense for them. If he went to ATL and they fixed him, that team could walk backwards and blind folded to the NLCS.

Toronto is also said to be a very strong dark horse for 1 of the 4 big SS. Sounds like they would like to trade Bichette plus for a TORP. They are interested in Ohtani which would require a much bigger package. They are also interested in pitcher from the Brewers or Marlins

Imagining Toronto with Bellinger, Swanson and Burnes or Woodruff should be enough for Hal to spend into the next LT tier
    Good for Toronto. Good to see them going for it. I am very surprised they'd move Bichette. He's a better offensive player than Correa but his glove isn't nearly as good.
    He's kind of their version of Torres.

Plug in Correa, the offense doesn't drop off too much and the middle IF becomes very, very good.
    Not to mention that Correa may put up better numbers in that lineup

Ignorance is bliss

bellinger is finished he has never recovered from the major injuries he has had he had to change his swing we do not need another joey gallo great defense horrible hitter

Good for Toronto. Good to see them going for it. I am very surprised they'd move Bichette. He's a better offensive player than Correa but his glove isn't nearly as good.
    He's kind of their version of Torres.

Plug in Correa, the offense doesn't drop off too much and the middle IF becomes very, very good.
    Not to mention that Correa may put up better numbers in that lineup
    toronto has lost so much offensive talent the last few years