Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís the roster Iím talking about. Instead of spending big on the SS crop
    Then we are in agreement . I consider Rizzo, DJ, Stanton, Bader, Benintendi ect. as seasoned vets. I would have preferred one of the marquee FA SS, but I am resigned to the Peraza/ Volpe reality. let's see how it all works out. What I have seen of Volpe he may be a beast. I didn't see him play in HS but did read quite a bit in the NJ papers. Kids the real deal it appears. Yankees apparently believe he is, seems they have him on a fast track. Day would know better than I.

What I was objecting to here and elsewhere was a suggestion to bring up the entire farm (1st, 3rd as well as 2nd and SS and LF) and start a major rebuild in search of a new core.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I didn't say that!! Or were you being tongue in cheek?

He's made comments about being good now and in the future. I think Judge WANTS young players. I think he understands that you need youth because it brings fire and excitement. simply buying a team isn't sustainable.
    I think he wants a team that will be good his entire career not just the first 2-3 years and then be laden with aging players with bad contracts and no farm from which to draw life

I was suggesting the long tenured yankee, players who weren't there (hicks and Torres) are guys who's attitude and or work ethic are questionable and I wondered if that is a statement bu Judge or just coincidence?
    Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Then we are in agreement . I consider Rizzo, DJ, Stanton, Bader, Benintendi ect. as seasoned vets. I would have preferred one of the marquee FA SS, but I am resigned to the Peraza/ Volpe reality. let's see how it all works out. What I have seen of Volpe he may be a beast. I didn't see him play in HS but did read quite a bit in the NJ papers. Kids the real deal it appears. Yankees apparently believe he is, seems they have him on a fast track. Day would know better than I.

What I was objecting to here and elsewhere was a suggestion to bring up the entire farm (1st, 3rd as well as 2nd and SS and LF) and start a major rebuild in search of a new core.
    I would only have considered that even a semi-possibility if we lost Judge (and Rizzo). I honestly donít see more than 2 of the middle infield spots being filled by said youth, happening. And I think thatís the right move

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    For some reason i get Peraza and Cabrera backwards every time. Yes though agree, He will be the SS and Volpe will be our 2nd baseman... I just think we should keep Cabrera at 3rd base and let his bat develop before we mess him up. Nice young INF other then Rizzo. And keeping Judge and Bene with Bader. Stanton Primary DH and DJ giving Rizzo and young guys breaks. I think it is a lineup that is balanced power and contract

I get the pitching and Verlander being 40, I wouldnt worry about his age really, He can pitch... I was busting balls with DeGrom. Just have a feeling once he leaves the Mets he never goes on the IR again lol...
    I completely agree with the bold. I really like Cabrera a lot, but IMO his value comes from his elite defensive versatility. IF, huge if, they can move on from JD, and pass on Correa, I think DJ is our primary 3rd baseman. IMO, Cabrera will play most days, just constantly moving around. The Yankees love their load management and having Cabrera start the yr in that kind of role, or at least until someone gets hurt, is IMO the best way to get the most value from him.

I just can't get on board with giving DeGrom something in the 5yr200m range. He's made 38 starts in the last 3yrs. No pitcher is worth 3m per start and injuries don't improve after 35

As far as Verlander goes, how many power pitchers or even pitchers in general had multiple successful seasons after 40? Nolan Ryan, Jamie Moyer? he's asking for the Scherzer deal of 3yrs 130m. What happens if he falls of a cliff or reinjures the arm or shoulder the 1st yr?

IMO our top 4 are good enough we don't need to spend 40m aav on a pitcher in their late 30 or 40's. A 1yr deal, sure, but not 3-5yrs

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I completely agree with the bold. I really like Cabrera a lot, but IMO his value comes from his elite defensive versatility. IF, huge if, they can move on from JD, and pass on Correa, I think DJ is our primary 3rd baseman. IMO, Cabrera will play most days, just constantly moving around. The Yankees love their load management and having Cabrera start the yr in that kind of role, or at least until someone gets hurt, is IMO the best way to get the most value from him.

I just can't get on board with giving DeGrom something in the 5yr200m range. He's made 38 starts in the last 3yrs. No pitcher is worth 3m per start and injuries don't improve after 35

As far as Verlander goes, how many power pitchers or even pitchers in general had multiple successful seasons after 40? Nolan Ryan, Jamie Moyer? he's asking for the Scherzer deal of 3yrs 130m. What happens if he falls of a cliff or reinjures the arm or shoulder the 1st yr?

IMO our top 4 are good enough we don't need to spend 40m aav on a pitcher in their late 30 or 40's. A 1yr deal, sure, but not 3-5yrs
    Pitching did the job. Bullpen was weak, but thatís to be expected after so many injuries. I wouldnít be looking to do anything big pitching wise. I wouldnít object to bringing a big arm in for the pen, though

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Tongue firmly planted in cheek.
    Lol. Well played!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Wow, 2 teams have interest in Donaldson and it's becoming more likely that he's dealt. Yanks would have to eat a significant amount of his salary, upwards of half, but they are letting those teams know they are willing to do that.

I really, really am starting to believe Judge is coming back and Hal is letting him put his input into the roster to keep him.

Lets hope Judge and Hal are better talent evaluators than Twatman and whoever he listens to like Fishman

FYI. The Yankees were a Competitive Balance Tax payor in 2022, so they'd need to forfeit their second- and fifth-highest picks in the 2023 MLB Draft, as well as $1 million from their international bonus pool, to sign a free agent who declined a qualifying offer. That includes Turner, Bogaerts and Nimmo but not Correa, who was ineligible to receive one. If Judge signs with another team, New York would receive a pick after the fourth round in next year's Draft.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Wow, 2 teams have interest in Donaldson and it's becoming more likely that he's dealt. Yanks would have to eat a significant amount of his salary, upwards of half, but they are letting those teams know they are willing to do that.

I really, really am starting to believe Judge is coming back and Hal is letting him put his input into the roster to keep him.

Lets hope Judge and Hal are better talent evaluators than Twatman and whoever he listens to like Fishman
    That's my feeling. I am curious if the guys not present at his event, namely JD, Hicks, Torres are guys who are dealt.

At the same time, I won't be surprised if those guys are the starting lineup, with or in a possible case, without Judge on the team

Ignorance is bliss

The Yankees are currently trying to move Torres, Hicks and JD and have teams interested in all 3 in different degrees.

The Mariners, Brewers and Marlins are all in heavy pursuit of Torres. The Yankees are said to be seeking pitching in return. If it's the M's it's likely to be a reliever with lots of control left, plus a spec or 2

If it's the Marlins it's expect to be a starter, likely Pablo Lopez. They also like Trevor Rogers.

The Brewers really, really wan Torres and they have the type of pitching the Yanks would like to get back. Torres isn't enough to get a conversation started for Burnes, but Woodruff is seen as a possibility.

They would have to add pieces to get Woodruff back, something like Torres, 1 of Warren/Schmidt and probably 1 of Wells or Sweeney. The Brewers are also looking to move Yelich, who the Yanks aren't interested in unless the Brewers would take a ton of his salary

Don't be surprised if 1 or more of these guys are moved before the weekend is over.

The Yanks also reportedly have some interesting in FA OF/1b Bellinger. It's unclear what kind of deal he is looking for

apparently the yankees have offered judge 337 million not sure of the amount of years these are from yankee fan sources who are very reliable on youtube...

The Yankees are currently trying to move Torres, Hicks and JD and have teams interested in all 3 in different degrees.

The Mariners, Brewers and Marlins are all in heavy pursuit of Torres. The Yankees are said to be seeking pitching in return. If it's the M's it's likely to be a reliever with lots of control left, plus a spec or 2

If it's the Marlins it's expect to be a starter, likely Pablo Lopez. They also like Trevor Rogers.

The Brewers really, really wan Torres and they have the type of pitching the Yanks would like to get back. Torres isn't enough to get a conversation started for Burnes, but Woodruff is seen as a possibility.

They would have to add pieces to get Woodruff back, something like Torres, 1 of Warren/Schmidt and probably 1 of Wells or Sweeney. The Brewers are also looking to move Yelich, who the Yanks aren't interested in unless the Brewers would take a ton of his salary

Don't be surprised if 1 or more of these guys are moved before the weekend is over.

The Yanks also reportedly have some interesting in FA OF/1b Bellinger. It's unclear what kind of deal he is looking for
    I have a feeling The yankees could end up with Bumgarner for JD and or Hicks

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have a feeling The yankees could end up with Bumgarner for JD and or Hicks
    Makes sense, one senior citizen for another. (I fit the description more than they do)

Sell the Team, HAL!

If all these teams want Torres, why don't the Yankees value him as highly?

Sell the Team, HAL!

If all these teams want Torres, why don't the Yankees value him as highly?
    I think teams wanting him, and him not being valued, are two things that arenít tied together. I think he is looked at as a reasonably priced good player. And I think us being flush with possible infield depth makes it an easy call