Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Still non tendered. IKF or Hicks for him?
    I'd gladly swap either or both of those 2 for Bellinger. The talent is obviously there as shown in his MVP season, but he's fallen of the map offensively. He desperately needs a change of scenery.

He's an elite defensive OFer with the ability to play all 3 OF positions and play an above avg 1st base.

I'd happily bring him in on a MILB deal, with an invited to ST. Maybe they can fix him and he would give us power, elite defense at multiple positions.

1 question that i'm not clear on, does LA eat the salary or does Belli just become a FA? I'd go 3-5m for him with performance based incentives

Aaron Judge megadeal? Star shortstop splurge? Going young in 2023? Inside the Yankees’ offseason alternatives

By Joel Sherman

1. They re-sign Aaron Judge, and then keep spending big to join the Dodgers and Mets with near-$300 million payrolls.

2. They re-sign Judge, and are relatively more frugal afterward, settling in with a payroll more in the $260 million-$270 million range.

3. They don’t re-sign Judge, and they compensate by making lavish additions elsewhere.

4. They don’t re-sign Judge, and they attempt to reset their tax situation by going under the first threshold of $233 million.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...s-or-leaves%2F

I hope we get everyone

Judge
    Bene

Add
    Verlander and DeGrom

I would IR DeGrom, Right off the bat and bring him back for the playoffs... LoL

Trade 25 for relief

Peraza 3b
    Cabrera SS
    Volpe 2nd

And DJ can give anyone of those guys a day off.

Gio just got traded to the Angels

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I hope we get everyone

Judge
    Bene

Add
    Verlander and DeGrom

I would IR DeGrom, Right off the bat and bring him back for the playoffs... LoL

Trade 25 for relief

Peraza 3b
    Cabrera SS
    Volpe 2nd

And DJ can give anyone of those guys a day off.
    Verland is 40 and looking fora deal in the3yr 130m range.Hard pass

Degrom is looking for the same AAV, but for 4-5yrs.

I wouldn't be interested in either on multi yr deals. Roughly 85m for DeGrom and Verlander, plus another 50m tied up for Cole and Sevy. Zero chance they commit that much money to 2 pitcher ( Cole and DeGrom) on the way wrong side of 30, plus give a 40 yr old Verlander that big of a deal.

If, big if, they go after a FA starter, it will be Rodon. He's younger, LHed and won't cost the financial commitment in dollar that DeGrom and Verlander are expected to get.

If he isn't traded, Peraza is your SS. He's a much better defender at SS than either Volpe or Cabrera. Cabrera can play an excellent backup SS, but is much better suited for a super utility role, with the vast majority of this INF reps being at 2nd or 3rd. IMO, Cabrera value comes from being able to play 6 position at an elite level defensively. I also believe, based on what I watched him do coming up, that we haven't begun to see the best of his bat, especially LHed

People can construct the team however, but I think any fan that is expecting a payroll over 290m or any FA attached to a QO to sign with us will be extremely disappointed
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-18-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    So ****ing stupid to re-sign IKF. They could have let him walk

This is getting worse by the minute.
    Hicks is here to stay
    JD is here to stay
    IKF is here to stay

Trash upon trash upon trash

Ignorance is bliss

Hicks is here to stay
    JD is here to stay
    IKF is here to stay

Why would you let him walk? He's easily tradable

Hicks is here to stay
    JD is here to stay
    IKF is here to stay

Buddy, they believe Hicks salary is very movable, either by eating 2-3M or attaching a decent spec to him. Like they did with Chase Headley, sending Bryan Mitchell to make up some of the salary. 7-10m for a switch hitting OF that can play all 3 position isn't impossible to move. And believe me when I say they are going to do everything in their power to get it done.
    The only chance, based on what i'm hearing, for Hicks to be on the roster is if they miss on all the available LF on either the FA or trade market and they decide not to put Cabrera there full time.

I haven't heard an updated time frame for Dom, but it's really not a stretch considering how he finished in AA, tha he could hit his way into the lineup by mid summer.

IKF has value on a 1yr 6M contract. Some team will want him either as a stop gap till their 2nd, 3rd baseman of the future is ready or a bad team thats willing to live with his defense at SS for a yr. IKF isn't a bad player, he actually played to the back of his BB card. We were just sold a bunch of BS that he was a much better player than he actally is. IMO, we can move him AND get back at least 1 useful piece

I was told again today that Hal is very serious about going with some combo of Volpe, Peraza and Cabrera in the middle INF next yr

Off all the guys mentioned, JD is going to be the hardest to move. They probably would have to eat 10m plus to move him and likely have to include a really good spec also. He's probably the one that needs to be moved the most, but is going to be the hardest to move

when you keep cashman around he makes stupid moves like bringing back ikf.. as long as cashman is here we are never competing for a world series.. and that is fine with hal...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    when you keep cashman around he makes stupid moves like bringing back ikf.. as long as cashman is here we are never competing for a world series.. and that is fine with hal...
    We compete for a world series every year. Only two teams out of 30 got further then we did.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I'm not interested in Benny. I may be in the minority but wrist injuries can be a very difficult thing to deal with for hitters. His injury is usually a big deal for hitters.

I'd rather have Brandon Nimmo, given a choice. He's also a better defender.

Not sure if the Yankees are interested and I imagine it's going to ultimately come down to money, I expect Nimmo will get more, plus the draft pick compensation.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I'm on the fence about Benni. He's a good hitter, but doesn't thrill me from the hard hit perspective. I always feel like he's got no strength when he hits the ball. It's probably just my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm on the fence about Benni. He's a good hitter, but doesn't thrill me from the hard hit perspective. I always feel like he's got no strength when he hits the ball. It's probably just my imagination.
    Well his wrist injury tends to Zap players of any power they have, so if that's how you feel now, I can't imagine it'll improve.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Earlier today, the Yankees claimed RHP Junior Fernández off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Posted a 2.41 ERA over 16 G with the Cardinals and Pirates in 2022, his fourth MLB season.

He throws hard, averaging 98.7 mph on his sinker, 98.8 mph on his fastball. Also throws a slider and a changeup.

Lou Trivino and the Yankees agree to a $4.1 million salary for 2023