Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Yeah but that's $76 million/year vs $41 million for Judge. Personally, I'll take Judge and $35 million to work with over those three players. None of those other players are capable of carrying a team for long stretches like Judge did this season. He is the heart and soul of the team.
    100%.

Rumor has it that the Mariners are looking to trade Marco Gonzalez and that they are considering signing one of the free agent shortstops. Gonzalez is LH and has a salary of $6.5 million this year, $12 million next year and has a $15 million club option in 20225 with no buyout.

I think the Yankees could trade IKF to the Mariners for Gonzalez. However, Yankees ownership should obviously first sign Judge, taking him off the market, before giving the Mariners a shortstop option and having tham turn their financial attention elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít believe at all, that tons of teams would love to have Cashman

Itís laughable at this point, that he would be above replacing.
    In a recent column via the New York Post, Joel Sherman talked about how parting with Cashman may not be the solution Yankees fans are looking for. Multiple executives told Sherman and other reporters that if Cashman isnít retained by the Yankees, heíll last mere minutes on the open market. And thereís belief Steve Cohen would scoop Cashman up in a heartbeat to have him work with Billy Eppler again.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/28/why-pa...t-for-yankees/

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/10/b...ider-says.html

I am no more in love with Cashman than most here, however there is a certain reality that we may not share with the rest of the BB universe, the perception of Cashman is quite different.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    100%.
    Agree.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    In a recent column via the New York Post, Joel Sherman talked about how parting with Cashman may not be the solution Yankees fans are looking for. Multiple executives told Sherman and other reporters that if Cashman isnít retained by the Yankees, heíll last mere minutes on the open market. And thereís belief Steve Cohen would scoop Cashman up in a heartbeat to have him work with Billy Eppler again.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/28/why-pa...t-for-yankees/

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/10/b...ider-says.html

I am no more in love with Cashman than most here, however there is a certain reality that we may not share with the rest of the BB universe, the perception of Cashman is quite different.
    So then let them have him lol

I think whatís possibly appealing to him, is that heís a good soldier, and can do what heís told. And can work with egos, and hands-on bosses. And he is pretty good at dumpster diving for cheap pickups that contribute. Which is ironic, as heís in a place that he has a lot of resources at his disposal, and frequently misses on big signings/trades

Iím not saying heís ďthe worstĒ. But Iíve seen enough of his work, that I know itís time to move on. A fresh perspective canít be worse. I mean we arenít winning titles now, either.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-14-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Can someone actually explain why they want Judge back and why it would be a smart move? I really see almost all downside and a very small upside.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Can someone actually explain why they want Judge back and why it would be a smart move? I really see almost all downside and a very small upside.
    My only thought about that is, Judge becomes the glue. He becomes a guy who attracts FAs and the type of guy who makes it possible to bring up younger guys.
    I think he has 3 great years left and then a few good ones. If you have him still peaking in 2 years and guys like Dom, Volpe, Peraza, Pereira, Wells can get to the bigs and perform, Judge is still good enough to be the guy who gives the kids confidence.

I am suggesting if done properly, they could still build around him, while still building a core and fielding a competitive team.

I don't disagree with you. It is beyond risky.

Ignorance is bliss

Simple. Money. He puts fans in the seats AND is the face of the franchise. He is an MVP and perennial all star. He is the reigning HR king. He is also a key component in attracting other players, whether FA's or trade candidates. If Judge left what message does that send to other players re: the Yankees and NYC?

I also see the downside clearly. He will be 31 and has a big body that is prone to breaking down. How long can he play the OF before his legs and knees start barking from the pounding of that big body?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Simple. Money. He puts fans in the seats AND is the face of the franchise. He is an MVP and perennial all star. He is the reigning HR king. He is also a key component in attracting other players, whether FA's or trade candidates. If Judge left what message does that send to other players re: the Yankees and NYC?

I also see the downside clearly. He will be 31 and has a big body that is prone to breaking down. How long can he play the OF before his legs and knees start barking from the pounding of that big body?
    He played a premier OF last season and it is a disgrace that he wasn't a top 3 candidate in either CF or RF, when he could have been in either or both. He's fast and with his long strides covers more ground than any other outfielder, as evidenced by the play he made against the Astros in the LCS, among others. He also led all major leaders in fielding percentage, playing errorless baseball for the entire season. Even the eye-test is phenomenal, as he is the most accurate thrower to 2B from the RF that I have ever seen. Though I know father time is undefeated, I still don't see his fielding deteriorating for at least another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    He played a premier OF last season and it is a disgrace that he wasn't a top 3 candidate in either CF or RF, when he could have been in either or both. He's fast and with his long strides covers more ground than any other outfielder, as evidenced by the play he made against the Astros in the LCS, among others. He also led all major leaders in fielding percentage, playing errorless baseball for the entire season. Even the eye-test is phenomenal, as he is the most accurate thrower to 2B from the RF that I have ever seen. Though I know father time is undefeated, I still don't see his fielding deteriorating for at least another 5 years.
    I don't disagree, he is a premier OFer no question. Today. I am looking to the future. I absolutely feel the Yankees need to sign Judge. The only question in my mind is the term. Does he have 5 good years in the OF? I would hope, but I think that may be the max. So if the Yankees are contemplating a deal in the 5-7 yr term it's an issue and factor that must be considered. Imo 10 yrs tips the scale, and make no mistake I love Judge. He is everything one expects and hopes for in a player. Is it realistic to assume the last few years of his contract he will be a DH? He will be 31 in April.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I don't disagree, he is a premier OFer no question. Today. I am looking to the future. I absolutely feel the Yankees need to sign Judge. The only question in my mind is the term. Does he have 5 good years in the OF? I would hope, but I think that may be the max. So if the Yankees are contemplating a deal in the 5-7 yr term it's an issue and factor that must be considered. Imo 10 yrs tips the scale, and make no mistake I love Judge. He is everything one expects and hopes for in a player. Is it realistic to assume the last few years of his contract he will be a DH? He will be 31 in April.
    I think 2-3 at what we've seen and then another few where he will be solid at worst.
    It's just unfortunate they committed to Stanton for so long. I guess they could platoon them at some point? Judge 2 days, 1 at DH. Stanton 1 day and then 2 at DH?
    To me, a huge key is Hicks. If they get rid of him, that opens things up for flexibility. He was such a whiny bish. I really hope they move him.

Doc, I love DJ but would not be opposed to moving him as well. There is not a single 2022, day 1 starter, I would be opposed to moving aside from Trevino. (Judge and Rizzo are FAs, so they can't be in the "move", mix.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think 2-3 at what we've seen and then another few where he will be solid at worst.
    It's just unfortunate they committed to Stanton for so long. I guess they could platoon them at some point? Judge 2 days, 1 at DH. Stanton 1 day and then 2 at DH?
    To me, a huge key is Hicks. If they get rid of him, that opens things up for flexibility. He was such a whiny bish. I really hope they move him.

Doc, I love DJ but would not be opposed to moving him as well. There is not a single 2022, day 1 starter, I would be opposed to moving aside from Trevino. (Judge and Rizzo are FAs, so they can't be in the "move", mix.
    DJ is no youngster either. He is breaking down a bit. He isn't displacing Torres at 2B and a permanent move to 3B may be the start of his demise. So essentially I agree, he can be moved as well. I would miss him.

Hopefull the window to moves Hicks is still open.

ps. I am not happy with the term on Stanton's deal, but I don't think it was a "bad" deal. Miami ate at least $30M when he didn't opt out. He has been a solid bat and carried them for stretches.
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-14-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

you cant be that blind without judge this team might not even make the playoffs.. he puts fans in the seat he sells merchandise you need power in yankee stadium..so much upside to having him as a yankee in the short run.. no downside at all in the short term..

DJ is no youngster either. He is breaking down a bit. He isn't displacing Torres at 2B and a permanent move to 3B may be the start of his demise. So essentially I agree, he can be moved as well. I would miss him.

Hopefull the window to moves Hicks is still open.
    I can't imagine Judge would want him on the team after his cry baby, comments. Sadly, that may also be the thing that makes teams pass.
    If you are going to suck and then blame the manager and complain? Bad look
    If you are playing well and do that? Still a bad look but at least you can walk your talk

I keep saying it but the sad truth is I won't be one bit shocked if he's the starting LF. He will hit 250/320/700 with 15 HRs and Cashman will sing his praises for such a great, bounce back year.

I agree about DJ. He needs to find a home at 1rst or 3rd. Thankfully 15 per isn't prohibitive.
    But him, Stanton and Hicks all on a similar timeframe with Judge aded to that?
    If they can move hicks, I think it will be ok but if they stick with him, it is going to get ugly
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-14-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

resign judge let rizzo walk you save 20 million right there