Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 209 of 255 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3821
  1. #3121
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24,183
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    the only one I wanted was Seager last yr. After he was off the board I wanted nothing to do with any of them and look how those deals look after 1 yr
    Story was horrible last yr and is going to likely miss a huge part of this season getting TJS today.
    Sieman was no where close to the player he was signed to be.
    Baez, ugly deal so far.
    Correa was good but not to the levels he was in Houston.

    None of those guys are looking like smart, long term moves

    We'll see if this yr's group fairs better than last yr, but with the length of those deals doesn't look great.

    If you are going to commit 300M+ for a decade or more, you better be in love with that player good and bad
    I agree with all that too. Said the same last year.

  2. #3122
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,192
    How the SS classes are playing out:

    Story - elbow injury after a 102 OPS+ year
    Semien - 131 OPS+ walk year to 108 OPS+ in 2022
    Seager - 142 OPS+ walk year to 119 OPS+ in 2022
    Correa - TBD(2022 was better than 2021)
    Baez - 93 OPS+ (114 in 2021)
    Turner - TBD

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #3123
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,684
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think any of the big ticket guys were worth those numbers.
    Agreed.

  4. #3124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,859
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'd take Correa short term but for 3rd base. His defense slipped last yr.

    The biggest problem with the idea of Correa is we already have way to many RH INF. Now had they not traded for JD and IKF and just gone with Peraza last yr, Correa becomes more realistic
    But his bat made up for it.

    You canít just ignore his bat. He had a 5+ WAR, what did our SS and 3rd basemen have?
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  5. #3125
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,861
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    But his bat made up for it.

    You canít just ignore his bat. He had a 5+ WAR, what did our SS and 3rd basemen have?
    Two teams flagged his physical and the guaranteed years went from 13 to 12 to 6 with vesting options based on health. There are some obvious red flags there. Don't see where the Yankees would have given him that north of 33 million dollars a year for the next 6 seasons.

  6. #3126
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Two teams flagged his physical and the guaranteed years went from 13 to 12 to 6 with vesting options based on health. There are some obvious red flags there. Don't see where the Yankees would have given him that north of 33 million dollars a year for the next 6 seasons.
    correa has never had a 30 home run 100 rbi season he has never lived up to his physical abilities..defense he has been great offensively he is not .. a big part of his overall war is on defense..

  7. #3127
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,859
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Two teams flagged his physical and the guaranteed years went from 13 to 12 to 6 with vesting options based on health. There are some obvious red flags there. Don't see where the Yankees would have given him that north of 33 million dollars a year for the next 6 seasons.
    Then why sign him at all?

    All they are going by is that ankle. Obviously he is not worth the risk of 12 years but who really is?

    Canít Judge, Turner, Lindor and all of the others who had signed 9+ year deals get hurt in the middle of the deal and never be the same afterwards? Correa got singled out because of his ankle. And he never missed any games with that ankle.

    Yanks should have offered 6/220
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  8. #3128
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,859
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    correa has never had a 30 home run 100 rbi season he has never lived up to his physical abilities..defense he has been great offensively he is not .. a big part of his overall war is on defense..
    The guy is an Oct performer.

    It is funny how prior to the Giantís saying no and when he was available a lot of Yankee fans on here said to get Correa. Now Yankee fan comes up with excuses because of the plate in his ankle and the guy has never missed a game because of that ankle. It was from other injuries. You all crack me up with the excuses now.

    When Peraza and or Volpe come up empty in Oct you are going to wish you had a Carlos Correa in those situations.


    And his 2022 OPS + would have been 2nd on the 2022 Yankees. And that is with the Twins and a crummy team around him. Donít tell me he is not good offensively, that is ridiculous.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-11-2023 at 08:01 AM.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  9. #3129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,595
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The guy is an Oct performer.

    It is funny how prior to the Giantís saying no and when he was available a lot of Yankee fans on here said to get Correa. Now Yankee fan comes up with excuses because of the plate in his ankle and the guy has never missed a game because of that ankle. It was from other injuries. You all crack me up with the excuses now.

    When Peraza and or Volpe come up empty in Oct you are going to wish you had a Carlos Correa in those situations.


    And his 2022 OPS + would have been 2nd on the 2022 Yankees. And that is with the Twins and a crummy team around him. Donít tell me he is not good offensively, that is ridiculous.
    He is overrated offensively. His post season numbers are slightly worse than his career numbers.
    He has spent his share of time on the IL. I never wanted him. I thought he was an injury risk because of his back.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #3130
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,595
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    How the SS classes are playing out:

    Story - elbow injury after a 102 OPS+ year
    Semien - 131 OPS+ walk year to 108 OPS+ in 2022
    Seager - 142 OPS+ walk year to 119 OPS+ in 2022
    Correa - TBD(2022 was better than 2021)
    Baez - 93 OPS+ (114 in 2021)
    Turner - TBD

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yikes



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #3131
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He is overrated offensively. His post season numbers are slightly worse than his career numbers.
    He has spent his share of time on the IL. I never wanted him. I thought he was an injury risk because of his back.

    Clown, most players postseason numbers are worse than their career numbers because of facing better pitching. Really? Did you actually say that?
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  12. #3132
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,859
    Clown, Correa career postseason OPS is .862
    Judgeís career postseason OPS is .772


    And for a historical one

    Jeterís career postseason OPS is .838 and he was one of the best in Oct.

    Well?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-11-2023 at 09:34 AM.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  13. #3133
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,595
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Clown, Correa career postseason OPS is .862
    Judgeís career postseason OPS is .772


    And for a historical one

    Jeterís career postseason OPS is .838 and he was one of the best in Oct.

    Well?
    My point was that Correa may be good in the post season but he isn't a world beater.

    Jeter's post season numbers are almost identical to his career regular season numbers. His OPS is higher in the playoffs

    The crazy thing is, Judge has stunk in the playoffs and still posted that OPS



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #3134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,595
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Clown, most players postseason numbers are worse than their career numbers because of facing better pitching. Really? Did you actually say that?
    Yes. I did.

    I stand by it. Correa is a good post season player but not the player you claim. If you look at his rankings, he's one;y been a top 10 performer 1 time and a top 20 performer, Twice. (That includes the top 10 time)
    I would also add that playoff averages drop 20 points, on average. Correa drops 30 points

    Again, he's a good post season player but he isn't the epitome of greatness in the post season.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #3135
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24,183
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Clown, Correa career postseason OPS is .862
    Judgeís career postseason OPS is .772


    And for a historical one

    Jeterís career postseason OPS is .838 and he was one of the best in Oct.

    Well?
    OPS is the end all, for proving how good a player is?

    Jeters batting average and OBP were both 30 points higher than Correas. Iíd gladly take that over higher slugging
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-11-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •