Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Judge and Correa def needs to happen.

I'd put the odds of that happening at about 2,500:1

Yeah I cannot see them handing out ~$600M to two players in one offseason, but I can see one of them.

In one year and that kind of cash, nah. We are in on everyone and Iíd be amazed if we got anyone. If we did happen to secure one, the rest of this club isnít very good. Itís still going to take a few years to build this team into a serious contender.

If we miss out on Judge too I don't want to hear anymore about the Giants and big free agents. It's becoming all hype. Better bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Yeah I cannot see them handing out ~$600M to two players in one offseason, but I can see one of them.
    Same. Certainly wouldn't bet on either becoming Giants though.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    In one year and that kind of cash, nah. We are in on everyone and Iíd be amazed if we got anyone. If we did happen to secure one, the rest of this club isnít very good. Itís still going to take a few years to build this team into a serious contender.
    Anyone? The Giants will definitely get something more than the regular dumpster dives. Teams can take unexpected leaps forward regardless. As crappy and uninspired as this team came across in '22, they were still a .500 team that didn't seem any worse than the Phillies for a good deal of the season.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 11-24-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Besides turkey, better leave room for a helping of disappointment. Weíve been serving hype for years which tells me the FO structure needs a good exam.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Anyone? Will definitely get something more than the regular dumpster dives. Teams can take unexpected leaps forward regardless. As crappy and uninspired as this team came across in '22, they were still a .500 team that didn't seem any worse than the Phillies for a good deal of the season.
    Oh, I was speaking primarily about Judge and Correa.

As for the Philís, they showed it does take some luck and a good run at the right time. But I have no doubt they are a better team than we are even with that screwball missing half of next season waiting for his elbow to heal.

Speaking of healing, Iím hoping We keep Belt, he stays on the field and has a really good season.

As for the Philís, they showed it does take some luck and a good run at the right time. But I have no doubt they are a better team than we are even with that screwball missing half of next season waiting for his elbow to heal.
    Screwball?

Screwball?
    Bryce Harper. When he first came up he was really full of himself. Not a lot of friends. Seems to have mellowed some.

Bryce Harper. When he first came up he was really full of himself. Not a lot of friends. Seems to have mellowed some.
    Probably tough not to be full of one's self when you've been put on the cover of Sports Illustrated at sixteen years old.

Probably tough not to be full of one's self when you've been put on the cover of Sports Illustrated at sixteen years old.
    Well I guess so. Havenít read an SI in quite so time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast