Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Aaron Judge smoke

My inside #SFGiants’ source FWIW just texted me “90-95% Aaron Judge will be on the Giants next year.” 👀
    https://twitter.com/sportslarryk/sta...32042837282817

Lotta smoke here. We'll find out eventually if that means there's fire.

Considering that's Larry Krueger, it confirms he'll stay a Yankee.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

I searched the word "Source" on Larry's twitter account and I found that he only cited sources twice when it came to the Giants:

1. Giants would sign Drew Pomeranz in 2019 - That happened.
    2. Giants won't sign Puig in 2020 - Also correct.

As far as I'm concerned his "source" is batting 1.000 when it comes to the Giants. I'll trust that "source" until proven otherwise.

It very well may happen. The timing of it is just off. If this was during the offseason I can find it somewhat plausible, but considering Judge is in the middle of the ALCS, how would this source know he is nearly a guarantee to leave his current team without any numbers being discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    It very well may happen. The timing of it is just off. If this was during the offseason I can find it somewhat plausible, but considering Judge is in the middle of the ALCS, how would this source know he is nearly a guarantee to leave his current team without any numbers being discussed?
    Maybe the source has connections with Judge's inner circle and someone within the Giants front office
    Last edited by sacgiants1213; 10-21-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Some real wishful thinking on display here if you ask me.

It's getting smokier...

The Giants open their 2023 season in Yankee Stadium, and it’s possible they’ll do so with the Yankees’ best player wearing orange and black.

San Francisco is expected to aggressively pursue Aaron Judge when free agency opens five days after the end of the World Series. According to one source who spoke with Randy Miller of NJ Advance Media anonymously, that means they’ll do anything in their financial power to sign Judge away from the Bronx.

“Judge is at the top of the Giants list and they won’t be underbid,” the source told NJ.com. “If they miss out, it won’t be because of money.”

The source reportedly met with members of San Francisco’s ownership group before explaining to NJ.com that the Giants are prepared to spend whatever it takes to land the 30-year-old Judge.

After turning down a seven-year, $213.5 million contract extension offer from the Yankees, Judge hit an American League record 62 home runs — one of the most spectacular offensive seasons ever.

Vegas odds released Tuesday morning from BetOnline.ag listed the Giants as favorites to sign Judge — if he leaves the Yankees.

A person close to Judge told NJ.com that the Giants are his No. 1 choice and predicted he’ll end up in San Francisco.

The Giants will have to outspend the Yankees to lure Judge, the Linden, CA native, back to Northern California. With roughly $100 million committed to the 2023 roster, including arbitration estimates, the Giants have the capital to make a splash (or two).

“The Giants are not going to stop with Judge,” the person told NJ.com. “They have so much money freed up.”

Judge will command significantly more than the $213 million New York offered him last winter. Under Farhan Zaidi, the Giants have never signed a player to a mega deal but did reportedly offered Bryce Harper 12 years, $310 million in 2019.

San Francisco missed the playoffs with an 81-81 record in 2022. Just a year prior, the Giants won a MLB-best 107 wins before being ousted in the NLDS by the rival Dodgers. Many fans have been clamoring for a superstar presence.

“The Giants are confident that they can sign Judge,” the person told NJ.com. “It will be interesting for sure.”
    https://www.knbr.com/2022/10/25/repo...d-aaron-judge/

Lol I want some of what you're smoking (to stick with the theme of this thread).

I read the NJ article this is based off of earlier today and found it to be completely insubstantial.

I hurt from laughing so much. The only thing that would make me laugh more is if it actually happened. This club needs to many things than to spend that kind of money on one player. We just aren’t ready for this kind of thing yet.

Giants can spend at least 100-150M this offseason. Easily.

Then spend it on what we need, impact player’s. We have holes and weak spots that can’t be ignored. If we can add these players for the next couple of years, then have a look at this single type player that could push the club over the top. First things first.

I say sign Judge, Rizzo, Trey and resign Evan for our offense.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast