Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Now we know why NOLA let Ball bounce. Heís been injury plagued his entire career and they knew his knees were shot. AK tied up so much $$$ in the backcourt to players with bad knees. Zach looks absolutely terrible this season too. Either that knee isnít right, or he regressed a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We took Pat over Halliburton. Pretty all I needed to know about our FO. We coulda had a better PG on a rookie deal, and spent 20 million on a 4, and had a team that made sense.

Chicago bulls 2022-2023 nba season oct/nov game thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We took Pat over Halliburton. Pretty all I needed to know about our FO. We coulda had a better PG on a rookie deal, and spent 20 million on a 4, and had a team that made sense.
    AK decided to leverage future capital to assemble a team that could compete now. Unfortunately, he fell flat on his face and pretty much every move backfired or didnít work out as anticipated. Now they lack cap space and draft capital to improve. Other than blowing it up now, theyíre ****ed for a few seasons

Sacrifice 4 seasons for 4 months of good basketball. AK needs a hard reset. This team is old, has no future assets, and will struggle to be .500

But knowing the Bulls they'll just keep kicking the can down the road sitting in NBA hell

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ILMindState; 12-01-2022 at 02:12 PM.

AK decided to leverage future capital to assemble a team that could compete now. Unfortunately, he fell flat on his face and pretty much every move backfired or didnít work out as anticipated. Now they lack cap space and draft capital to improve. Other than blowing it up now, theyíre ****ed for a few seasons

It all started with the Vuc trade. They did it so they could show FA's that we were trying to compete. That aspect worked. We got Derozan and Ball. Problem is, Vuc was only an all star as the only option on a terrible Magic team. Ball has been hurt the majority of the time here, and as good as Derozan has been, he's been equally detrimental to everyone else struggling on offense, because he drains the shot clock and takes bad shots.

The great thing is, these guys hold plenty of trade value. The bad thing is our FO isn't going to admit they ****ed up, which is going to tear us apart.

We also need to question how bad Billy D is at coaching big men. Vuc has looked bad here. Lauri sucked here but looks great in Utah. Carter looks solid in Orlando. We need to hold AKME responsible for the Pat Williams pick. He was the classic Guru hype job that a dumb team was going to screw up and draft. Unfortunately we were that dumb team, and we missed out on an elite PG that we could have easily traded back for if we wanted to. I'm also convinced that if we would have offered Lauri to the Suns for their 1st rounder that we could have kept our 4th and still drafted Haliburton with the Suns pick. I doubt the Suns would have preferred Smith over Lauri. I was begging for that draft day trade.

It all started with the Vuc trade. They did it so they could show FA's that we were trying to compete. That aspect worked. We got Derozan and Ball. Problem is, Vuc was only an all star as the only option on a terrible Magic team. Ball has been hurt the majority of the time here, and as good as Derozan has been, he's been equally detrimental to everyone else struggling on offense, because he drains the shot clock and takes bad shots.

The great thing is, these guys hold plenty of trade value. The bad thing is our FO isn't going to admit they ****ed up, which is going to tear us apart.

We also need to question how bad Billy D is at coaching big men. Vuc has looked bad here. Lauri sucked here but looks great in Utah. Carter looks solid in Orlando. We need to hold AKME responsible for the Pat Williams pick. He was the classic Guru hype job that a dumb team was going to screw up and draft. Unfortunately we were that dumb team, and we missed out on an elite PG that we could have easily traded back for if we wanted to. I'm also convinced that if we would have offered Lauri to the Suns for their 1st rounder that we could have kept our 4th and still drafted Haliburton with the Suns pick. I doubt the Suns would have preferred Smith over Lauri. I was begging for that draft day trade.
    Yeah I don't really blame AKME for being aggressive and going in a different direction but it clearly hasn't worked out. They can reset and start over while Vuc and Dero still have value. This can be a fairly quick retool if they go that way but I'm losing faith in this FO and doubt they will. That lowkey BD coaching extension when it wasn't necessary was such a GarPax move.

I respect the direction the took and understand it.

For me, I'll judge them how they pivot from that now... meaning they absolutely need to blow it up and start over.

Everyone used to ***** about Garpax and I always said nothing will change as long as the reinsdorfs own the team. They have ultimate say and set the direction for the team. Fast forward a few years into the AKME regime, and thatís looking to be exactly the case. The only thing that changed really, is that they prob have a better rep with players with AKME around instead of Garpax. Will that help them? Probably not

Everyone used to ***** about Garpax and I always said nothing will change as long as the reinsdorfs own the team. They have ultimate say and set the direction for the team. Fast forward a few years into the AKME regime, and thatís looking to be exactly the case. The only thing that changed really, is that they prob have a better rep with players with AKME around instead of Garpax. Will that help them? Probably not

I'm not sure what we are blaming the Reinsdorfs for here though. If anything I wish the Reinsdorfs would have got in the way of giving Lavine that contract. I know we had to do it, but I almost wish he would have just decided to go elsewhere.

I've for the most part been in the same camp - my only hope has been bringing in a FO that can overcome the hurdles thrown their way by the Reinsdorfs.

Who knows the real truth, but I wouldn't put it against them to basically force AK to make the Vuc deal. They see All-Star -> fan enthusiasm ->ticket sales. It's sad because you can pretty much guarantee half of the top 8 picks in that 2021 draft will have better careers than Vuc.

Chicago bulls 2022-2023 nba season oct/nov game thread

I'm not sure what we are blaming the Reinsdorfs for here though. If anything I wish the Reinsdorfs would have got in the way of giving Lavine that contract. I know we had to do it, but I almost wish he would have just decided to go elsewhere.
    From all indications AK did not entertain a S&T which was a mistake. He tried to gain favor with Zach and players around the league and that was dumb. Zach was never going to be a true max level impact player. His IQ and feel for the game is terrible and when heís not efficiently scoring a lot of points, heís a negative on the floor. Good news is the Bulls could still trade him. The bad news is his contract sucks and heís playing some of the worst basketball of his career. Maybe the Bulls could fleece the lakers and trade Zach and AC for Westbrook and as many unprotected 1st round picks as possible

From all indications AK did not entertain a S&T which was a mistake. He tried to gain favor with Zach and players around the league and that was dumb. Zach was never going to be a true max level impact player. His IQ and feel for the game is terrible and when heís not efficiently scoring a lot of points, heís a negative on the floor. Good news is the Bulls could still trade him. The bad news is his contract sucks and heís playing some of the worst basketball of his career. Maybe the Bulls could fleece the lakers and trade Zach and AC for Westbrook and as many unprotected 1st round picks as possible

I was begging for a blazers bulls sign and trade for their 1st, Hart, Simons for Zach. Now they wouldnít even trade us simons for Zach straight up.

I was begging for a blazers bulls sign and trade for their 1st, Hart, Simons for Zach. Now they wouldnít even trade us simons for Zach straight up.
    Was probably also an unrealistic trade offer. I doubt Portland would have made that deal. Either way, AK should have aggressively looked for a trade partner. Zach at max $$$ especially after another knee procedure always seemed like a bad risk

At this point, Iíd just take Westbrook and his expiring without any picks just to get rid of Zachís contract. Trade DeRozan and Vuc to another team for the picks.

Bulls suck. Im done with this era. Blow it up.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

I'm starting to fall into the camp with alot of others. I'm not sure they are ever going to be good enough. The team just seems out of sync as if something is going on we don't know about. They seem out of sync mentally. There may be internal things happening we don't know about.

Will Perdue said the other day, perhaps some of these guys on defense don't want to switch because they don't trust their teammates on defense. If they switch and their guy doesn't get picked up, they look like the ones who blew it on defense. So, there may be some trust issues on the floor between the team.

A big winning streak would go a long way right now. But, ultimately this team isn't working, despite having alot of talent. The big 3 should be dominating teams. They just aren't. Vooch, Zach, and DeMar should be too much for most teams to handle. They should be scoring alot of points. And we have a good amount of hustle players on defense, yet still leave guys wide open on almost every possession. It's got to be tough, because they are playing solid defense most of the time. They just leave guys wide open, nearly every shot clock. Each game it seems our opponents are a little better on offense, and a little better on defense.

So, don't know what the solution is. I'm just hoping for a winning streak right now, because they can really use one.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast