Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    its been a while since I have looked, but most of their offseason has actually been about keeping their guys or replacing someone else. Correa was the first guy that was just a clear upgrade(Verlander over oft injured DeGrom was the other one). losing him really sours their offseason. still reall good, but the team is really old and really expensive.

Thoughts on Bauer? Iíd love to give it a shot, just donít know about how he was as a clubhouse guy and his relationships with teammates. . Definitely one of baseballs historic characters when heís on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemurphy44 View Post
    Thoughts on Bauer? Iíd love to give it a shot, just donít know about how he was as a clubhouse guy and his relationships with teammates. . Definitely one of baseballs historic characters when heís on the field.
    Not a chance in hell. If Dodgers where willing to eat that much money and with the reports I don't want him anywhere near my team.

Strider jokingly auditioned for the Braves PA announcer. He actually read off a line up card. While it didn't include Sean Murphy, it did include Michael Harris batting second. Probably doesn't mean anything but it made think about Harris in the 2 hole and I like it. Acuna/Harris/Albies/Riley/Olson is a heck of a lineup.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Strider jokingly auditioned for the Braves PA announcer. He actually read off a line up card. While it didn't include Sean Murphy, it did include Michael Harris batting second. Probably doesn't mean anything but it made think about Harris in the 2 hole and I like it. Acuna/Harris/Albies/Riley/Olson is a heck of a lineup.
    Strider also changed his number from 65 to 99

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Strider also changed his number from 65 to 99
    28 is his number he has always worn but Olson has it already. 99 is what he uses in games and likes Wild Thing from Major League.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    28 is his number he has always worn but Olson has it already. 99 is what he uses in games and likes Wild Thing from Major League.
    I love that
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Has anyone considered an Andrelton Simmons reunion? Obviously we hope that Grissom takes SS and runs with it, but I wonder if Simmons would be a good spring training invite? He was really bad last year and below average the year before that, but he could still have a bit left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Has anyone considered an Andrelton Simmons reunion? Obviously we hope that Grissom takes SS and runs with it, but I wonder if Simmons would be a good spring training invite? He was really bad last year and below average the year before that, but he could still have a bit left in the tank.
    I would say given the last 2 seasons we can assume the tank is pretty dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I would say given the last 2 seasons we can assume the tank is pretty dry.

Maybe, but you never know. He's not super old and could easily have a bounce back campaign. It's his defense that is the most intriguing given that's what we really need with the shift being outlawed

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Maybe, but you never know. He's not super old and could easily have a bounce back campaign. It's his defense that is the most intriguing given that's what we really need with the shift being outlawed
    Not even sure defense gives him a lot of value anymore. In the last 3 years his UZR/150 rates were:

2020: 4.0 (about 20% of a seasons data)
    2021: -1.1 (almost a full season of data)
    2022: 13.9 (7-8% of a seasons data)

From 2012-2019 he had never been less than 13.8.

At 33, it again seems safe to assume that he isnít the defender he was 4-5 years ago.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718