Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Ozuna's drop in production the last 2 seasons is just baffling. I know he's had a lot going on off the field but two straight sub-.700 OPS seasons for a guy with his ability is just crazy.

2022/23 Braves Offseason Thread

ATL signed Matzek to a 2 year deal worth 3.1M. 1.2/1.8 in 2023/24. 5.5M club option for 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soroka signed a 1 yr/2.8M contract.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Ozuna's drop in production the last 2 seasons is just baffling. I know he's had a lot going on off the field but two straight sub-.700 OPS seasons for a guy with his ability is just crazy.
    some advanced stats say he has been unlucky, but honestly he has had 2 years over an .800 ops. he had an insane 2020, but the 2 years before were at .8 and .757 ops. Obviously that still a drop of .1 ops, but given his age, off field issues, and injuries its not that surprising. it sucks the braves still have to pay him 37 million more.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    some advanced stats say he has been unlucky, but honestly he has had 2 years over an .800 ops. he had an insane 2020, but the 2 years before were at .8 and .757 ops. Obviously that still a drop of .1 ops, but given his age, off field issues, and injuries its not that surprising. it sucks the braves still have to pay him 37 million more.
    I thought ATL had to keep him to remain a top tier lineup. Boy was I wrong. Luckily, ATL has covered that hole with the emergence of guys like Riley, Harris and Contreras. I still think it is worth packaging him with a prospect to get rid of some/most/all of his contract if possible.

Worth noting that there are now reports the ATL might be willing to exceed in initial luxury tax level.

I've saw that the Braves have checked in with the Athletics about Catcher Sean Murphy. wonder what the story is there

Rangers get DeGrom 5 yrs 185 mil

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I've saw that the Braves have checked in with the Athletics about Catcher Sean Murphy. wonder what the story is there
    Murphy/TDA/Contreras as DH/C/LF.

Iím just making stuff up. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Worth noting that there are now reports the ATL might be willing to exceed in initial luxury tax level.

I hope so. this team just won 100 games and outside of basically Morton is really young. not to mention in 2024 the braves can cut the following for a total of 1 million. thats some decent players, but they can really clear salary if they need too.

Charlie Morton 20,000,000
    Eddie Rosario 9,000,000
    Travis d'Arnaud 8,000,000
    Collin McHugh 5,000,000
    Kirby Yates 4,125,000
    Manuel Pina 4,000,000
    Orlando Arcia 1,500,000

Justin Verlander signed with the Mets. They'll be paying an average of 86 million to two pitchers whose combined ages are 78 lol but in the short term that rotation is honestly quite scary. Verlander is an upgrade on deGrom for the Mets.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Justin Verlander signed with the Mets. They'll be paying an average of 86 million to two pitchers whose combined ages are 78 lol but in the short term that rotation is honestly quite scary. Verlander is an upgrade on deGrom for the Mets.
    That's more total cash than I was expecting for Verlander but I actually like Verlander on that 2 year deal more than I like deGrom on his 5 year deal because I don't have a lot of confidence than deGrom will start 30+ games every year of that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    its an interesting deal for sure. He was simply incredible last year, but he missed the last 2 years before that and is going to be 40 next year. like at some point those two guys have to let age catch up to them right? you have seen it some with Scherzer where he keeps getting hurt, but when he is out there he was still really good.

From the Pirates Athletic page:

At the start of the offseason, a major-league source told The Athletic the Braves might make a strong, under-the-radar push for Reynolds this winter. That could mean a sort of homecoming for Reynolds, who attended Vanderbilt and lives in Nashville, a four-hour drive from Atlanta.
    https://theathletic.com/3965738/2022...urce=twitterhq
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Bryan Reynolds becomes interesting if we decide to move on from Swanson. I doubt we could out bid the Yankees or Rockies (his linked teams so far) in terms of prospects but we do have a few arms in the majors that the Pirates may be interested in, namely Ian Anderson. Starting pitching is really the only area of strength the Braves can deal from. Whether or not the Braves would entertain trading Anderson is the big question but considering our depth I would open to it for Reynolds. We also have Bryce Elder and Kyle Muller as major league ready arms we could deal. Jared Shuster is considered a top 5 prospects in our organization and he's close to the majors. Freddy Tarnok is another name.

To get Reynolds I would assume we have to part with Anderson and more but I wonder if we could get the Pirates to take Eddie Rosario as a throw in. Rosario (9 million) and Reynolds (6.75) have similar salaries. If we can get the Pirates to take on any of Rosario's salary that would be a big win for the Braves.

So would Ian Anderson, Jared Shuster, another mid tier prospect, and Eddie Rosario (with some salary retained) be enough to get Bryan Reynolds?
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast