Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Sign me up for this! Getting Reynolds and his 3 years of control would be a really nice addition. It would probably mean Swanson is gone and it would take a nice haul to get Reynolds, but I think it would be worth it. ATL would then have the following:

Acuna (RF)
    Reynolds (LF)
    Riley (3B)
    Olson (1B)
    TDA (C/DH)
    Albies (2B)
    Contreras (C/DH)
    Harris (CF)
    Grissom/Arcia (SS)

This would actually keep ATL under the luxury tax and would literally lock-in every player in the lineup except TDA and Arcia for at least 3 seasons. ATL could look to unload Rosario and save some $$, leaving just Ozuna as a lingering contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Reynolds becomes interesting if we decide to move on from Swanson. I doubt we could out bid the Yankees or Rockies (his linked teams so far) in terms of prospects but we do have a few arms in the majors that the Pirates may be interested in, namely Ian Anderson. Starting pitching is really the only area of strength the Braves can deal from. Whether or not the Braves would entertain trading Anderson is the big question but considering our depth I would open to it for Reynolds. We also have Bryce Elder and Kyle Muller as major league ready arms we could deal. Jared Shuster is considered a top 5 prospects in our organization and he's close to the majors. Freddy Tarnok is another name.

To get Reynolds I would assume we have to part with Anderson and more but I wonder if we could get the Pirates to take Eddie Rosario as a throw in. Rosario (9 million) and Reynolds (6.75) have similar salaries. If we can get the Pirates to take on any of Rosario's salary that would be a big win for the Braves.

So would Ian Anderson, Jared Shuster, another mid tier prospect, and Eddie Rosario (with some salary retained) be enough to get Bryan Reynolds?
    I think you may have to go something like Muller/Langeliers/Pina. That’s gives them a young SP and C, and some immediate C depth. PIT saves $$ and get young talent - both of which they always are looking to do.

Shane is expendable for ATL with the emergence of Contreras. This move makes Swanson expendable and keeps ATL below the luxury tax threshold without any other moves. If they can move Rosario in a separate move, they could possibly look at more bullpen help.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I think you may have to go something like Muller/Langeliers/Pina. That’s gives them a young SP and C, and some immediate C depth. PIT saves $$ and get young talent - both of which they always are looking to do.

Shane is expendable for ATL with the emergence of Contreras. This move makes Swanson expendable and keeps ATL below the luxury tax threshold without any other moves. If they can move Rosario in a separate move, they could possibly look at more bullpen help.

Shea Langeliers is not with the Braves anymore. He was traded to Oakland back in March as part of the Matt Olson trade.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Shea Langeliers is not with the Braves anymore. He was traded to Oakland back in March as part of the Matt Olson trade.
    I meant Shewmake (SS) and brain farted. Haha

Not sure if PIT would want another MIF, but I think it may take that level of prospect along with Muller to make it work.

I meant Shewmake (SS) and brain farted. Haha

Not sure if PIT would want another MIF, but I think it may take that level of prospect along with Muller to make it work.

I thought about Shewmake as well but the Pirates have Oneil Cruz, Ke'Bryan Hayes and 3 of their top 5 prospects (according to MLB.com) are infielders. So I don't think Shewmake will interest them much. Plus, may not be a bad idea for the Braves to keep him around for depth in case Grissom struggles or has an injury.

I think for a player as talented as Reynolds the Pirates would want Ian Anderson. 5 years of control left should be a big selling point to a cost minded team like the Pirates. But the big question will be how the rest of the league will look at him coming off a disappointing season. The Braves might be able to sell high based off name value. His 1.26 ERA in 35.2 playoff innings is also attractive.

From the Braves stand point I think dealing Anderson for a player like Reynolds makes a lot of sense. Fried, Wright, and Strider should be all be around long term. Morton is signed for this year. Soroka, Elder, and Muller give them depth. I like Anderson but I don't think he's ever going to be an ace and he's probably not going to be a guy you want to invest big money into down the road. If the Pirates are willing to take him as the headliner I think you do it but that's probably a big if.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Phillies signed Trea Turner. 11 years over 300 million
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Nice article here by DOB. AA said the luxury tax "wouldn’t stop the Braves from making a significant addition, as long as they believed the deal was a good one". Another AA quote:

“I talk to (Braves chairman) Terry McGuirk daily,” Anthopoulos said. “We’re aware of everything, but that’s not something that’s prevented us from exploring things and having discussions about things. In the right context, in the right deal, we will go past (the tax threshold). But again, it needs to be what we feel is the right context and the right deal. We monitor more the payroll side. Look, our CBT (Competitive Balance Tax, commonly known as luxury tax) number will be higher than our cash (payroll) because of the extensions.

https://theathletic.com/3972930/2022...-help-fill-it/
    2022 Vikings Draft:

I thought about Shewmake as well but the Pirates have Oneil Cruz, Ke'Bryan Hayes and 3 of their top 5 prospects (according to MLB.com) are infielders. So I don't think Shewmake will interest them much. Plus, may not be a bad idea for the Braves to keep him around for depth in case Grissom struggles or has an injury.

I think for a player as talented as Reynolds the Pirates would want Ian Anderson. 5 years of control left should be a big selling point to a cost minded team like the Pirates. But the big question will be how the rest of the league will look at him coming off a disappointing season. The Braves might be able to sell high based off name value. His 1.26 ERA in 35.2 playoff innings is also attractive.

From the Braves stand point I think dealing Anderson for a player like Reynolds makes a lot of sense. Fried, Wright, and Strider should be all be around long term. Morton is signed for this year. Soroka, Elder, and Muller give them depth. I like Anderson but I don't think he's ever going to be an ace and he's probably not going to be a guy you want to invest big money into down the road. If the Pirates are willing to take him as the headliner I think you do it but that's probably a big if.
    Yeah, not sure they would want Shewmake. That said, a lot of people think O’Neill needs to be moved off SS.

And if PIT wants Anderson, that wouldn’t stop me in the slightest. And I like Anderson.

ATL fans can’t like this. Seems like ATL could never get him out. Now he is back in the division…yuck! I actually figured he would land in PHI, so I am not surprised.

that really starts the free agent market at a high level. the AAV isn't huge, but that is a really long contract with a full no trade clause. I am still praying that AA has something else in mind other then Arcia starting at short.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    that really starts the free agent market at a high level. the AAV isn't huge, but that is a really long contract with a full no trade clause. I am still praying that AA has something else in mind other then Arcia starting at short.
    I am OK with Arcia/Simmons at SS if there is a better answer in LF (ie - Reynolds). The lineup is plenty deep to roll that combo at SS in the 9 hole.

I am OK with Arcia/Simmons at SS if there is a better answer in LF (ie - Reynolds). The lineup is plenty deep to roll that combo at SS in the 9 hole.

Elvis Andrus could be a decent 1 year stop-gap option in a scenario like that, if they aren't comfortable with Grissom/Arcia at shortstop everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Elvis Andrus could be a decent 1 year stop-gap option in a scenario like that, if they aren't comfortable with Grissom/Arcia at shortstop everyday.
    Jose Iglesias is another FA we might look at. Cheap, decent bat, and decent glove.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

there are rumors the braves turned down a 6 year 140 million dollar deal. its from the same guy that just blew the Judge story so I would take it with a grain of salt.

If it is true though, then the Braves just have basically no interest in bringing dansby back or his market is way worse then I would think. 6 years for a 28 year old is ideal. the AAV isn't that high either. maybe the braves just don't believe in swanson at all? They need something though. this teams farm is bottom 5 at this point so trades are unlikely and we don't have a ton of prospects that we can call up. that leaves free agency which is always the worst way to build a team, but this team still has a few holes it needs to fill.

Swanson is such a confusing situation. I want him back as a team leader, infield general, and really the face of the Braves. However, I don’t see him repeating his stat lines offensively from last year based on his career lines. His defense is great, but that will also decline as he ages. Total conundrum in my opinion.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast