Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 895
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40,520
    People say Brunson/RJ/Randle at $75m is so bad...

    MIN will be paying a 33 year old Gobert and KAT $100m combined per year in 2 seasons....LMAO. Their GM needs to be fired, he really set them back eons with that Rudy trade,

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    People say Brunson/RJ/Randle at $75m is so bad...

    MIN will be paying a 33 year old Gobert and KAT $100m combined per year in 2 seasons....LMAO. Their GM needs to be fired, he really set them back eons with that Rudy trade,
    That Gobert move was a disaster. While I thought it was never going to work, I guess maybe I could see rolling the dice (I mean, not really, but ehhhh) for like half the price they paid. Maybe less than half the price…

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,541
    And since it’s been a popular guy to talk about, Deni started stringing together some solid games. Role player type stuff, but it looks like he’s starting to find his game. And seems they like his defense

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,804
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    People say Brunson/RJ/Randle at $75m is so bad...

    MIN will be paying a 33 year old Gobert and KAT $100m combined per year in 2 seasons....LMAO. Their GM needs to be fired, he really set them back eons with that Rudy trade,
    He most likely will and Kat will be available soon probably this off-season

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    70,616
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    And since it’s been a popular guy to talk about, Deni started stringing together some solid games. Role player type stuff, but it looks like he’s starting to find his game. And seems they like his defense
    drafting him instead of Haliburton is fireable


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    drafting him instead of Haliburton is fireable


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d say Obi instead of him is just as fireable.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    62,445
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’d say Obi instead of him is just as fireable.
    not at the time , we had the worse pf in the league, and who knows, now today, Obi is regressing and Hali looks like the real deal so hindsight yea.

    But Frank for the triangle, is silly and I said that back on draft night when I was convinced we were getting DM

    And Knox because of the coach's relationship and passing on how many guys?

    Tell you what lately, Knox looks better than obi right now. games over 20 min he has shot , 3-7 ,6-8,8-11,4-7 and 11-20 from three, not bad.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    not at the time , we had the worse pf in the league, and who knows, now today, Obi is regressing and Hali looks like the real deal so hindsight yea.

    But Frank for the triangle, is silly and I said that back on draft night when I was convinced we were getting DM

    And Knox because of the coach's relationship and passing on how many guys?

    Tell you what lately, Knox looks better than obi right now. games over 20 min he has shot , 3-7 ,6-8,8-11,4-7 and 11-20 from three, not bad.
    I’d have to agree…

    The Frank pick was easily the most mind boggling of all. Specifically saying “he’s an ideal triangle PG” lol. Saying a guy is ideal for a position that doesn’t matter, in a system that shouldn’t have been used. And the pick made by a guy that gets immediately fired after. The stuff of nightmares…

    But in foresight, sight, and hindsight, not taking a guard, when the franchise has been lacking guard play for pretty much 40 years, is right up there. That horse is long dead, buried, dug back up, killed again, and buried again. So we’ll call it multiple regimes worth of firings
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-27-2022 at 11:14 PM.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    70,616
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’d have to agree…

    The Frank pick was easily the most mind boggling of all. Specifically saying “he’s an ideal triangle PG” lol. Saying a guy is ideal for a position that doesn’t matter, in a system that shouldn’t have been used. And the pick made by a guy that gets immediately fired after. The stuff of nightmares…

    But in foresight, sight, and hindsight, not taking a guard, when the franchise has been lacking guard play for pretty much 40 years, is right up there. That horse is long dead, buried, dug back up, killed again, and buried again. So we’ll call it multiple regimes worth of firings
    What position does Deni play?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What position does Deni play?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I actually said was that if they went non-guard, Deni was the guy. As I believed he had point forward ability. Hasn’t been proven true

    I could show you exactly what I said, and where, but you or a certain other person would explain away. You say I didn’t, ok fine…
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-28-2022 at 07:37 AM.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40,520
    there's no hindsight with the Obi draft.

    that draft was what set back this regime, like the KP trade set back the previous regime.

    Trading out of #11, Kemba, not being able to get DM... these are all consequences of not making the obvious pick.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    70,616
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    there's no hindsight with the Obi draft.

    that draft was what set back this regime, like the KP trade set back the previous regime.

    Trading out of #11, Kemba, not being able to get DM... these are all consequences of not making the obvious pick.
    You think Deni would have been that much better here in NY?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You think Deni would have been that much better here in NY?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we needed a PG. We should have drafted a PG, and Hali was the obvious pick. If we didn't draft a PG, Deni and Vassell were the guys, but we really needed a PG.

    Deni would at least be able to play here, and yes I do think he has the potential to be much better, he's only 21 years old and has a nice all around skillset.

    And Vassell is turning into one of the better 2 way 3 & D players in the league.

    Obi made the least sense and was the oldest of the 5 or 6 guys most of us talked about.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    70,616
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we needed a PG. We should have drafted a PG, and Hali was the obvious pick. If we didn't draft a PG, Deni and Vassell were the guys, but we really needed a PG.

    Deni would at least be able to play here, and yes I do think he has the potential to be much better, he's only 21 years old and has a nice all around skillset.

    And Vassell is turning into one of the better 2 way 3 & D players in the league.

    Obi made the least sense and was the oldest of the 5 or 6 guys most of us talked about.
    It wasn't an obvious pick. Biv is the only one who said "they should definitely take Hali. Hali is the man". That's what you say when you think it is the "obvious pick" You and Shady whining about Hali for 3 years is total hindsight.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It wasn't an obvious pick. Biv is the only one who said "they should definitely take Hali. Hali is the man". That's what you say when you think it is the "obvious pick" You and Shady whining about Hali for 3 years is total hindsight.
    someone else brings Hali up just about everyday here and if we ever respond we are whining.

    there were 5 or 6 guys discussed, the obvious pick was literally ANYONE but Obi.

Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •