Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Offseason Thread

A lot of change could be coming to the team. Potential FAs include: T. Turner, J. Turner, Bellinger, Gallo, Kershaw, Anderson, Phillips, Kahnle…Price will retire. Taylor and Muncy feel like potential trade pieces.

Start rotation will begin with Urias, Buehler, May…Gonsolin fourth? Do they bring Kershaw back? Anderson?

I’d trade Taylor and Muncy for bullpen depth. Resign Kershaw. The big question is Trea Turner and who plays third base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all I doubt Muncy, Taylor, or Belli would have much, if any trade value. Outs are valuable in baseball and guys who hit .200 are a drag on what is otherwise a good offense. Buehler is on his second major arm injury and will not likely be ready until the All Star break if even then. Signing Trea, extending Smith at some point and getting a lot more bullpen depth is a must. Plus we need a 3rd basement and their should be some decent ones on the FA market. Even a 111 win team will lose without quality pitching depth. We saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
    First of all I doubt Muncy, Taylor, or Belli would have much, if any trade value. Outs are valuable in baseball and guys who hit .200 are a drag on what is otherwise a good offense. Buehler is on his second major arm injury and will not likely be ready until the All Star break if even then. Signing Trea, extending Smith at some point and getting a lot more bullpen depth is a must. Plus we need a 3rd basement and their should be some decent ones on the FA market. Even a 111 win team will lose without quality pitching depth. We saw that.
    Doubt we're looking to trade Muncy or Taylor. Muncy is a great player and his numbers were simply dragged down due to the slow start from his injury, but his OBP was very good and after the all-star break he was back to his old form (so you are wrong, Muncy has massive trade value and fortunately we're very unlikely to try to move him). Taylor has has a ton of value, he was injured most of the season though and I doubt we're trying to move him. Bellinger is still a good guy to have on the roster, but unlike Muncy (who has one of the best walk rates and I think finished like second or third in walks), he can't get on base. Bellinger is probably gone, not because he's not valuable, but because a team is likely to take a chance on him and offer him bigger money than we're willing to match. Not sure what you're talking about in bullpen depth. We have an insane amount of depth. We had some injuries that diminished that a little bit, but it was still off the charts. I doubt the team is looking to make any major changes. The biggest changes will likely be trying to get a shut down arm out of the pen and trying to find an ace to replace Buehler who will likely be out the entire year or at least most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    A lot of change could be coming to the team. Potential FAs include: T. Turner, J. Turner, Bellinger, Gallo, Kershaw, Anderson, Phillips, Kahnle…Price will retire. Taylor and Muncy feel like potential trade pieces.

Start rotation will begin with Urias, Buehler, May…Gonsolin fourth? Do they bring Kershaw back? Anderson?

I’d trade Taylor and Muncy for bullpen depth. Resign Kershaw. The big question is Trea Turner and who plays third base.

I definitely wouldn't trade Muncy. I'd be open to moving Taylor for the right deal. We actually have a ton of bullpen depth. We just had a ton of injuries. May, Trienen and Graterol for example, likely would've come in last night in that 7th if they were healthy and sharp. The team was just so stacked and had so much depth that it didn't become a factor most of the season (Daniel Hudson was even better than Phillips, but he then got hurt and went out for the season; Phillips who performed best out of the bullpen, was probably the 3rd best bullpen pitcher behind Hudson and Trienen). The only thing we lacked out of the pen was a shut-down arm. Getting a sure-fire shut down guy out of the pen would go a long way though.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-16-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I definitely wouldn't trade Muncy. I'd be open to moving Taylor for the right deal. We actually have a ton of bullpen depth. We just had a ton of injuries. May, Trienen and Graterol for example, likely would've come in last night in that 7th if they were healthy and sharp. The team was just so stacked and had so much depth that it didn't become a factor most of the season (Daniel Hudson was even better than Phillips, but he then got hurt and went out for the season; Phillips who performed best out of the bullpen, was probably the 3rd best bullpen pitcher behind Hudson and Trienen). The only thing we lacked out of the pen was a shut-down arm. Getting a sure-fire shut down guy out of the pen would go a long way though.
    Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Like who?

That's a great question. I have no idea though lol. If we want to go the free agent route, maybe Edwin Diaz? I think Jansen will be a free agent next year as well so he could be an option if we want to bring him back (but that wouldnt be a long-term solution). Otherwise we'll need to make a trade to get one. For a top tier reliever though, the price will definitely be steep. I wonder if there are any prospects who we could turn into a closer.

We already have a closer in Phillips. Dodgers need a stud lefty reliever, 1-2 guys that can throw 100+ and locate. Seems that our hardest thrower is Brusdar but he can't locate half the time.

Dodgers should be where the Trashstros are. If we had competent manager we would. Astros lose stars in Springer, Correa and they don't miss a beat. Dodgers need to let go of Turner and bring in some young guys who are hungry. We need guys who are hungry to win and will fight when it matters the most.

The Phillies have no business being there. No third place divisional and third place wild card team should be eligible for the postseason. You have to earn your way there over a 162 game span.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

If I'm the Dodgers especially now I make a pitch to Judge and do everything I can to get him to LA

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The Phillies have no business being there. No third place divisional and third place wild card team should be eligible for the postseason. You have to earn your way there over a 162 game span.
    I do agree with this. It also highlights how much baseball is susceptible to chance. The Phillies are arguably not a playoff caliber team but they might win the World Series even though they are weaker than most if not all teams that made the playoffs. The more teams make the playoffs, the more we'll see these kinds of absurd upsets.

He needs a change of scenery, and a new voice to help him get back to his former self, if he can.
    Seriously, his defense is stellar. He can still run well. He looks confused at times at the plate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He needs a change of scenery, and a new voice to help him get back to his former self, if he can.
    Seriously, his defense is stellar. He can still run well. He looks confused at times at the plate, though.
    Someone is gonna pay him good money because he’s elite at several attributes outside of contact.