Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 512 of 520 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 7793
  1. #7666
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,563
    Are the cubs the only team that have their original TV broadcast team miss half the games ?? I never know who I'm listening too, lol

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  2. #7667
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    28,439
    Offense is gross.

  3. #7668
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,563
    Without Contreras now, teams are going to be running like crazy against these cubs catchers, plus they hit like crap.

    Vegas has cubs total wins at 76.5, they won 74 last season. Imagine if they win same amount of games even after dropping money on free agent additions.



    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  4. #7669
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Estrada optioned

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    Interesting. He'll be back.

  5. #7670
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Early guess at the position players who make rhe OD roster:
    Hosmer
    Mancini
    Hoerner
    Swanson
    Madrigal
    Gomes
    Barnhardt
    Happ
    Bellinger
    Tauchman
    Wisdom
    Mastrobuoni
    Delusio- I think that is his name

    Only have Delusio because they need a back up centerfielder and with new rules I think SB will be more important.
    I think Rios and McKinstry probably make the team. Mastrobuoni no. Deluzio yeah maybe if Morel is sent down.

    Platoons at 3b, RF, 1b, DH

  6. #7671
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Are the cubs the only team that have their original TV broadcast team miss half the games ?? I never know who I'm listening too, lol

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    They do need more consistency. I like Boog but c'mon man where u at?

  7. #7672
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I think Rios and McKinstry probably make the team. Mastrobuoni no. Deluzio yeah maybe if Morel is sent down.

    Platoons at 3b, RF, 1b, DH
    Where does Rios fit? Maybe McKinstry over Mastrobuoni. Not sure if either has options left. I thought of Rios, but for who? Madrigal? Tauchman? You run the risk of too many left handed bats. Maybe Rios comes when Suzuki is back. Suzuki replaces Tauchman so now Rios can replace either Madrigal or even Wisdom. Maybe they cut Hosmer(wishful thinking)

    BTW, Why noĒ to Mastrobuoni? What have you seen from McKinstry that makes you say maybe him but no to Mastrobuoni? Since Mastrobuoni played in the WBC I am not sure what you saw that has him as no. He actually had a good WBC. Just missed a 3 run homer against Ohtani and played well. So again, why NO?
    Last edited by rcal10; 03-18-2023 at 07:00 PM.

  8. #7673
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Where does Rios fit? Maybe McKinstry over Mastrobuoni. Not sure if either has options left. I thought of Rios, but for who? Madrigal? Tauchman? You run the risk of too many left handed bats. Maybe Rios comes when Suzuki is back. Suzuki replaces Tauchman so now Rios can replace either Madrigal or even Wisdom. Maybe they cut Hosmer(wishful thinking)

    BTW, Why noĒ to Mastrobuoni? What have you seen from McKinstry that makes you say maybe him but no to Mastrobuoni? Since Mastrobuoni played in the WBC I am not sure what you saw that has him as no. He actually had a good WBC. Just missed a 3 run homer against Ohtani and played well. So again, why NO?
    McKinstry has no options left, Mastrobuoni has 3. Somebody has to be able to play SS off the bench, though i guess Nico is an option to slide over. Mastro also hasn't played much this spring for whatever reason. I agree McKinstry hasn't looked good at the plate this spring or basically ever against MLB pitching. I think they give him another shot before releasing him or whatnot.

    Our offense sucks especially with Suzuki out so Rios likely makes it. Mancini/Wisdom will also see some time in RF likely, so Rios has some more room at 3B/DH and maybe 1B sometimes.

    Tauchman can play all 3 OF positions, though maybe not CF well. I think Rios is more valuable on the roster than Deluzio or Madrigal. There's other guys who can play CF in a pinch, like McKinstry. I don't think Bellinger would want to come out of games in his FA walk year anyways.

  9. #7674
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    47,889
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Without Contreras now, teams are going to be running like crazy against these cubs catchers, plus they hit like crap.

    Vegas has cubs total wins at 76.5, they won 74 last season. Imagine if they win same amount of games even after dropping money on free agent additions.



    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Contreras' arm was overrated. Teams ran like crazy against him anyway.

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

  10. #7675
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    McKinstry has no options left, Mastrobuoni has 3. Somebody has to be able to play SS off the bench, though i guess Nico is an option to slide over. Mastro also hasn't played much this spring for whatever reason. I agree McKinstry hasn't looked good at the plate this spring or basically ever against MLB pitching. I think they give him another shot before releasing him or whatnot.

    Our offense sucks especially with Suzuki out so Rios likely makes it. Mancini/Wisdom will also see some time in RF likely, so Rios has some more room at 3B/DH and maybe 1B sometimes.

    Tauchman can play all 3 OF positions, though maybe not CF well. I think Rios is more valuable on the roster than Deluzio or Madrigal. There's other guys who can play CF in a pinch, like McKinstry. I don't think Bellinger would want to come out of games in his FA walk year anyways.
    Didnít read all your response, but you obviously didnít read mine either. As I said, Mastrobuoni hasnít played much with the Cubs this spring because he was in the WBC. And he actually had a solid tournament. And he also can play SS. However, the one thing you did say that I was wondering about is Mastrobuoni has options left and McKinstry does not. So that might put McKinstry Over Mastrobuoni.


    Rios was the one guy I wasnít sure about. But he does have options. So IMO he will start in the minors. Maybe he comes up when Suzuki comes back. Maybe they let Tauchman and Hosmer go and bring Rios with Suzuki. But you could be right, he might make the team over Delusio and they go with no true back up centerfielder. My concerns is when a lefty is pitching and you want to give Bellinger a break, who plays center and bats right handed? That is why I went Delusio and Madrigal. Some right handed bats.
    Last edited by rcal10; 03-19-2023 at 12:19 PM.

  11. #7676
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Didnít read all your response, but you obviously didnít read mine either. As I said, Mastrobuoni hasnít played much with the Cubs this spring because he was in the WBC. And he actually had a solid tournament. And he also can play SS. However, the one thing you did say that I was wondering about is Mastrobuoni has options left and McKinstry does not. So that might put McKinstry Over Mastrobuoni.


    Rios was the one guy I wasnít sure about. But he does have options. So IMO he will start in the minors. Maybe he comes up when Suzuki comes back. Maybe they let Tauchman and Hosmer go and bring Rios with Suzuki. But you could be right, he might make the team over Delusio and they go with no true back up centerfielder. My concerns is when a lefty is pitching and you want to give Bellinger a break, who plays center and bats right handed? That is why I went Delusio and Madrigal. Some right handed bats.
    I read half of your last message it's true.

    If Mastro and McKinstry both had a few options left I agree they'd go with Mastro.

    I think the 5th spot will depend on what they decide to do with Madrigal and Morel. DeLuzio has an outside shot, as does Bote.

    I agree they could use another RHB.
    Vs LHP they can put Mancini/Wisdom at 1b/RF. At 3B they might want a RHB like Madrigal/Morel/Bote. DH is still open as well. Madrigal played 1B the other day, I found that interesting.

  12. #7677
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I read half of your last message it's true.

    If Mastro and McKinstry both had a few options left I agree they'd go with Mastro.

    I think the 5th spot will depend on what they decide to do with Madrigal and Morel. DeLuzio has an outside shot, as does Bote.

    I agree they could use another RHB.
    Vs LHP they can put Mancini/Wisdom at 1b/RF. At 3B they might want a RHB like Madrigal/Morel/Bote. DH is still open as well. Madrigal played 1B the other day, I found that interesting.
    Madrigal will never see an inning at 1st base in the regular season. He has surprised at 3rd however. I know a few very knowledgeable posters felt this was just a ploy by the Cubs to see if someone else believed he might be able to play first. And TBH, that was my belief too. But he has actually looked ok there. The bigger issue is he has to hit. But he wonít play first.

  13. #7678
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,563
    I'm hoping to see Rios have a good finish to ST , he a good glove at 3B and can provide some power from the left side.
    I would prefer him starting over Madrigal

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  14. #7679
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10,563
    Holy cow, these guys doing the cubs game today are so boring, they have zero life in the call or conversation whatsoever [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

  15. #7680
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Holy cow, these guys doing the cubs game today are so boring, they have zero life in the call or conversation whatsoever

    Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    No different than any other regular season game. The Cubs broadcast these days is monotone garbage spread out across infinite different crews because who the hell knows is actually going to be calling the game any more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •