Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 174 of 474 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 7097
  1. #2596
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Yeah, same is true for a lot of guys in the cubs system. I think they could probably acquire Murphy without PCA being involved.
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.

  2. #2597
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.
    In that scenario, which I still think is incredibly unlikely, I think Madrigal is the odd man out moreso than Morel. Honestly, I think Morel as the tenth man is probably where you'd want him in an ideal world, at least at this point in his career.

  3. #2598
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.
    Morel would make sense ó Iíd personally like to hold onto Horton & PCA.

  4. #2599
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    In that scenario, which I still think is incredibly unlikely, I think Madrigal is the odd man out moreso than Morel. Honestly, I think Morel as the tenth man is probably where you'd want him in an ideal world, at least at this point in his career.
    I didn't think that Madrigal would have a starting job if *one* shortstop signed. Wasn't really a factor there. But big money guys at SS and 3B basically only leaves CF for Morel, where he struggled. They could hang on, but it'd be a prudent time to see what the rest of the league thinks of him so maybe you get Murphy, Jansen, or a Marlins starter.

  5. #2600
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.
    I doubt Alcantara being on the 40 man would be a big issue for Oakland off they like him. The cubs just have enough depth that I think itís likely that there are 3 non PCA prospects Oakland loves. Morel is also an interesting option in that scenario where they add 2 SS.

  6. #2601
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15,555
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    I didn't think that Madrigal would have a starting job if *one* shortstop signed. Wasn't really a factor there. But big money guys at SS and 3B basically only leaves CF for Morel, where he struggled. They could hang on, but it'd be a prudent time to see what the rest of the league thinks of him so maybe you get Murphy, Jansen, or a Marlins starter.
    Agreed on Madrigal and dealing Morel in the unlikely scenario of adding 2 new SS.

  7. #2602
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    8,826
    Im hesitant to trade our top two pitchers in Wicks and Horton. Mostly because we will need good pitching in the coming years once Stroman and Hendricks' contracts are up. PCA is the other guy thats basically untouchable for me too. Im willing to deal anyone else though

    Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #2603
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Im hesitant to trade our top two pitchers in Wicks and Horton. Mostly because we will need good pitching in the coming years once Stroman and Hendricks' contracts are up. PCA is the other guy thats basically untouchable for me too. Im willing to deal anyone else though

    Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    I would deal anybody but PCA for Murphy.

  9. #2604
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.
    I'd keep one of Morel or Madrigal. Madrigal could be kept if they don't want to sell low on him because we'd have 3 SS to backup at SS and 3b.

    Morel had a terrible 2nd half. It's possible pitchers have adjusted. He can hammer high fastballs.

  10. #2605
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    8,826
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I would deal anybody but PCA for Murphy.
    Yeah i get the logic behind it and we have a lot of pitching depth. Im just a big fan of those two and projecting down the line. I certainly wouldnt be upset by it.

    Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #2606
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I'd keep one of Morel or Madrigal. Madrigal could be kept if they don't want to sell low on him because we'd have 3 SS to backup at SS and 3b.

    Morel had a terrible 2nd half. It's possible pitchers have adjusted. He can hammer high fastballs.
    They're going to keep Madrigal. Only question is if they option him. Morel is still a 23 year old toolshed who posted big barrel rates without chasing much overall. And can play a bit of everything on the field. I'm assuming he'd be someone teams around the league would like to get their hands on.

  12. #2607
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,560
    Not sure if this was posted, but straight from Hoyer:

    https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/sta...s-much-more%2F

  13. #2608
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,560

  14. #2609
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61,972
    Last nights flurry of news, comments and information makes me feel confident that things are working, and likely could come together quickly on a few fronts. With any luck, at least one of those things finish up today before the lottery and we can start to get an idea of where we're headed. There seems to be enough smoke out there to begin to be fairly excited about what might be coming down the road. And that's good for us, and the Cubs as it keeps the pressure and the expectations up. They, as an organization, should feel that.

  15. #2610
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,560
    Gotta think SD probably in on the remaining SS

    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...ea-turner.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •