Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 474 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 7097
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Yeah, same is true for a lot of guys in the cubs system. I think they could probably acquire Murphy without PCA being involved.
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Eh. I don't know. Alcantara just got 40'd and is still going to be in A-ball. The guy who I'm really interested to know what other teams think about is Morel. If the Cubs do pull off a Swanson-Bogaerts pairing, he's sort of the odd man out. Right-handed, not a true center fielder by any means either. But he was still legitimately a quality big leaguer last year and is a hell of an athlete.
    In that scenario, which I still think is incredibly unlikely, I think Madrigal is the odd man out moreso than Morel. Honestly, I think Morel as the tenth man is probably where you'd want him in an ideal world, at least at this point in his career.

Morel would make sense ó Iíd personally like to hold onto Horton & PCA.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    In that scenario, which I still think is incredibly unlikely, I think Madrigal is the odd man out moreso than Morel. Honestly, I think Morel as the tenth man is probably where you'd want him in an ideal world, at least at this point in his career.
    I didn't think that Madrigal would have a starting job if *one* shortstop signed. Wasn't really a factor there. But big money guys at SS and 3B basically only leaves CF for Morel, where he struggled. They could hang on, but it'd be a prudent time to see what the rest of the league thinks of him so maybe you get Murphy, Jansen, or a Marlins starter.

I doubt Alcantara being on the 40 man would be a big issue for Oakland off they like him. The cubs just have enough depth that I think itís likely that there are 3 non PCA prospects Oakland loves. Morel is also an interesting option in that scenario where they add 2 SS.

I didn't think that Madrigal would have a starting job if *one* shortstop signed. Wasn't really a factor there. But big money guys at SS and 3B basically only leaves CF for Morel, where he struggled. They could hang on, but it'd be a prudent time to see what the rest of the league thinks of him so maybe you get Murphy, Jansen, or a Marlins starter.
    Agreed on Madrigal and dealing Morel in the unlikely scenario of adding 2 new SS.

Im hesitant to trade our top two pitchers in Wicks and Horton. Mostly because we will need good pitching in the coming years once Stroman and Hendricks' contracts are up. PCA is the other guy thats basically untouchable for me too. Im willing to deal anyone else though

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Im hesitant to trade our top two pitchers in Wicks and Horton. Mostly because we will need good pitching in the coming years once Stroman and Hendricks' contracts are up. PCA is the other guy thats basically untouchable for me too. Im willing to deal anyone else though

I would deal anybody but PCA for Murphy.

I'd keep one of Morel or Madrigal. Madrigal could be kept if they don't want to sell low on him because we'd have 3 SS to backup at SS and 3b.

Morel had a terrible 2nd half. It's possible pitchers have adjusted. He can hammer high fastballs.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I would deal anybody but PCA for Murphy.
    Yeah i get the logic behind it and we have a lot of pitching depth. Im just a big fan of those two and projecting down the line. I certainly wouldnt be upset by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I'd keep one of Morel or Madrigal. Madrigal could be kept if they don't want to sell low on him because we'd have 3 SS to backup at SS and 3b.

Morel had a terrible 2nd half. It's possible pitchers have adjusted. He can hammer high fastballs.
    They're going to keep Madrigal. Only question is if they option him. Morel is still a 23 year old toolshed who posted big barrel rates without chasing much overall. And can play a bit of everything on the field. I'm assuming he'd be someone teams around the league would like to get their hands on.

Not sure if this was posted, but straight from Hoyer:

https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/sta...s-much-more%2F

Last nights flurry of news, comments and information makes me feel confident that things are working, and likely could come together quickly on a few fronts. With any luck, at least one of those things finish up today before the lottery and we can start to get an idea of where we're headed. There seems to be enough smoke out there to begin to be fairly excited about what might be coming down the road. And that's good for us, and the Cubs as it keeps the pressure and the expectations up. They, as an organization, should feel that.

Gotta think SD probably in on the remaining SS

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...ea-turner.html