Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 483 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 7234
    Cubs are not seriously motivated to win, at least ownership. They’ll just sign that pitcher from china and call it a day, and sign nobody else. I tried to find reasons to like them for a long time but I cannot do it anymore. If only Correa hit .200 points worse and played Right Field, he’d be a Cub.

Also what’s up fellas been a while, I’ve been knee deep in fantasy football season, one of the few things on the planet I might enjoy more than baseball. Hope you all are doing well.

I seriously hope the cubs add at least 2-3 impact players this winter that will be who they build around to contend again over the next 5+ yrs..

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The New York Yankees, whose chief desire this offseason is to retain Judge, have an offer on the table in the neighborhood of eight years and $300 million and could increase it, depending on how far the San Francisco Giants -- the other top suitor -- are willing to push the market.

Eight years and $300 million averages out to $37.5 million per year, which would make Judge the highest-paid position player based on average annual value. New York Mets ace Max Scherzer is the highest-paid player overall at $43.3 million per year, thanks to his three-year, $130 million contract.

However Judge’s numbers could approach those of Scherzer. As NJ Advance Media’s Randy Miller first reported earlier this month, the San Francisco Giants are all-in on Judge, a Bay Area native.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Cubs are not seriously motivated to win, at least ownership. They’ll just sign that pitcher from china and call it a day, and sign nobody else. I tried to find reasons to like them for a long time but I cannot do it anymore. If only Correa hit .200 points worse and played Right Field, he’d be a Cub.
    What pitcher from China?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...fzsbjBvIA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    The New York Yankees, whose chief desire this offseason is to retain Judge, have an offer on the table in the neighborhood of eight years and $300 million and could increase it, depending on how far the San Francisco Giants -- the other top suitor -- are willing to push the market.

Eight years and $300 million averages out to $37.5 million per year, which would make Judge the highest-paid position player based on average annual value. New York Mets ace Max Scherzer is the highest-paid player overall at $43.3 million per year, thanks to his three-year, $130 million contract.

However Judge’s numbers could approach those of Scherzer. As NJ Advance Media’s Randy Miller first reported earlier this month, the San Francisco Giants are all-in on Judge, a Bay Area native.

Whoever doesn't get Judge will move on to one of the SS and they'll have an FU we got money mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    What pitcher from China?

I think he's just being racist. I'm guessing he means Senga

[QUOTE=WhyCantWeWin;34543966]I think he's just being racist. I'm guessing he means Senga[/QUOTE

NM

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...fzsbjBvIA&s=19

Just another example of a FA costing more than originally thought, if he gets more than Gray. And I think he will. A FA signing is going to sting a little more than we thought. But if they get the right ones I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I think he's just being racist. I'm guessing he means Senga
    Wow. Why would you assume someone is racist? I don’t follow international baseball so I got it mixed up, nor have I followed mlb in the last 3 months. Lol my bad .. PS all of my descendants are from Southeast Asia including my parents

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Wow. Why would you assume someone is racist? I don’t follow international baseball so I got it mixed up, nor have I followed mlb in the last 3 months. Lol my bad .. PS all of my descendants are from Southeast Asia including my parents
    I think anyone familiar with baseball knows China doesn't have any much of a share in the international baseball scene.

Also do you mean your ancestors? Weird way to phrase that. I'm an Asian man myself, but I don't that matters. Internalized racism is an issue that plagues the asian community.

I hope Hoyer doesn't play the waiting games with these SS to try and get whomever left standing at a lesser price in years and money

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status..._f1uoatzQ&s=19

Edit: Not worth it
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 12-01-2022 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I hope Hoyer doesn't play the waiting games with these SS to try and get whomever left standing at a lesser price in years and money

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status..._f1uoatzQ&s=19

There's definitely a fine line between being financially smart and being cheap. If they're just going to wait for everyone's backwash I'm not big on that approach for key signings.

They could also just negotiate with a few of these SS they like most and sign the one where the contract is the most reasonable given the player involved. If they like Correa the best but the cost for Bogaerts is fewer years and better value for dollar they'd probably go Bogaerts.

They would be dumb to just try to wait until they end for who is left. They could get away with that for a SP maybe.
    Last edited by Stratos; 12-01-2022 at 03:16 AM.