Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thinking about our play against sub .500 teams in September makes me wanna puke. That's where we lost the division. Of course we still had a shot, but getting swept by the Cubs and losing to those other bottom feeder teams killed us. We should've been heading to Atlanta with no worries.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Catch Alvarez tomorrow play vientos at third give guys a day off cuz it doesn’t matter. Get ready for the Padres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Escobar, but he's either a hero or a goat, with nothing in between except K's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    So… Mets play Padres. What does this mean in the scheme of things? Mets need to win two more games, at home, and will be the road team in the series that remain. As Gary said, the Mets missed an opportunity but it’s by no means a death sentence. 100 win season is a great season. Now let’s do some damage in the playoffs.
    What does that mean? It means we have no chance. Seriously though..it's obviously gonna be tough, but I guess you never know. Wear your rally underwear and maybe we'll be ok.

I think Walker would make an excellent backup… a “second” if you will… that can come in early if one of the big three falters.

What? You want 7 runs every inning? Some people are never satisfied. 😃
    Who said every inning. They should be scoring in more than one inning in a game like this. Why do you always exaggerate the comments of others?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    What does that mean? It means we have no chance. Seriously though..it's obviously gonna be tough, but I guess you never know. Wear your rally underwear and maybe we'll be ok.

Maybe from a fan psychology point of view, that’s the way to look at it. But winning the division only raised those chances marginally. Sooner or later you’d have to face the Dodgers anyway, so now it’s sooner. Will the Braves get by a pretty dangerous Cardinals team? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post

Its tough for the Padres too. It won't be easy to win 2 out of 3 games all in the visitors house against our best starters either.

Quote Originally Posted by sethjoel View Post
    Who said every inning. They should be scoring in more than one inning in a game like this. Why do you always exaggerate the comments of others?
    Man, why are you so sensitive? They’ve had guys on base, they’re up 7 runs and it’s you that said “the bats go dead”. If I exaggerate maybe it’s because your comment are so overcritical and always seems to emphasize that the glass is half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its tough for the Padres too. It won't be easy to win 2 out of 3 games all in the visitors house against our best starters either.
    How many three game series have the Mets win this year? They get all three at home and, frankly, if you can’t take 2/3 at home, do you deserve to move on? And, as you point out, it’s going to be a very hostile environment for SD, three time zones east of where they usually play. There are no guarantees but I like our chances.

It really sucks that they blew this division.

But if they’re gonna win a World Series they need a serious wake up call and they should have just gotten it.

Can’t half *** it and win. They have to win 2 more games than they would have had to before and lose home field in 3 potential series. It is what it is.

They still have the horses. Go out there and win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

cubs series when braves lost 2/3 giants tanked the division

McCann is so lost, it’s hard not to pity him at this point.

McCann is so lost, it’s hard not to pity him at this point.
    Its weird because most of us liked the McCann signing when it happened. I think Z was the only one who didn't. Another guy who was a beneficiary of the live ball in 2019 and the shortened/live ball 2020 season.

I didn't expect him to hit like he did when he was with the White Sox but man he's approaching Cano levels of production.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    cubs series when braves lost 2/3 giants tanked the division
    Yeah, that’s one point. Not taking even a little more care of the bottom feeders in September — really just 2 more wins against them — would’ve made the difference too. But when the Braves were on the west coast they also lost 2/3 to Seattle just before that. Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Had the misfortune of being in the same division as the Braves. In the end it was their 14 game win streak that got them back in it. I still think compared to the Mets the Braves got a favorable schedule with the hard parts more spread out. But that and getting swept in Atlanta when their work beforehand only require them to take one ther and couldn’t do it, made the difference. Water over the damn. Let’s look ahead.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast