Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Smart to pull Sevy?

Was it a prudent decision to pull Sevy with a no hitter thru 7?

What say you PSD faithful?

Sell the Team, HAL!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I don't agree with many of Boones decisions.

But, on this one, I [emoji817] agree.

Coming off another injury, being built back up, would have been extremely foolish to push it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Sevy was on a strict 90 pitch count and threw 94 pitches. So I agree with the decision, because 2 more innings could have given him at least another 25 - 35 pitches, bringing him to 120 - 130 for the game. The interesting thing was that Sevy should have struck out the one batter that walked 2 pitches prior to the walk, but the umpire blew the call. That player was erased on a double play. So, he would have pitched to the same number of hitters and been at 92 pitches in the process of pitching a perfect game. It's probably stupid, but I don't know if my answer would have been the same if he was pitching a perfect game. I might have given him another batter or two to see if he got quick outs. I'm not sure.

It was probably the right move, because if Sevy gets hurt throwing a no hitter it really hurts our playoff chances. Team accomplishment this time a yr mean far more than individual achievement

That said, that had to be a horrible decision to make for Boone. The way Sevy was throwing the ball, he was actually throwing harder in the 7th than he was early in the game, I would have been surprised if he gave up a hit. It was pure dominance. IMO, that was our most dominate start of the yr

Boone let Kluber complete his no hitter last year, and shortly thereafter he went down with an arm injury and missed two months.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yes

Ignorance is bliss