Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason Games

Preseason Games

It's almost time.

The Good - We got a PG after 15 years. We got iHart. We kept the kids and didn't get traderaped - though not for lack of trying.

The Bad - Thibs still here. Dubious Handle still here. Obi will still get screwed.

The Ugly - Thibs seems to be as arrogant and clueless as ever. Randle/Fournier will stifle Obi and Grimes. Some things never change.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Preseason Games

Little hard to totally pumped after last year. The preseason and start to the season has such good vibes last year. I am very excited about Brunson. I really think he is a great fit and will be an all star at point in NY. I think Q and Obi are among our best best players and I donít think there roles will increase much. Q might get less mins. Even if he doesnít start Grimes should get more burn and it will be interesting to see what he can other then defend and CnS (heís going to be really good at those two things). Iím pretty hopeful Barrett can get back to being a plus shooter from 3 and am excited for him to start establishing himself as a consistent player. Contract year Cam is the big question mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-04-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Iím also curious if Randle looks any different with the weight loss/supposed ďnew roleĒ. Iím not going to lie Iím expecting the same Julius. I think heíll be better and hopefully Brunson gets him a bunny now and then but I expect Julius from the nail to be a staple and his play style to be what weíve seen the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Little hard to totally pumped after last year. The preseason and start to the season has such good vibes last year. I am very excited about Brunson. I really think he is a great fit and will be an all star at point in NY. I think Q and Obi are among our best best players and I donít think there roles will increase much. Q might get less mins. Even if he doesnít start Grimes should get more burn and it will be interesting to see what he can other then defend and CnS (heís going to be really good at those two things). Iím pretty hopeful Barrett can get back to being a plus shooter from 3 and am excited for him to start establishing himself as a consistent player. Contract year Cam is the big question mark

i feel the opposite, last year we knew there was a strong chance of regression all around.

this year we got rid of 4 vets and added a legit PG, and Obi/IQ finished strong. we also have Mitch and RJ locked up now no worries about that. And Hart is a big wildcard. We also know Grimes seems legit now too.

Much more hyped for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i feel the opposite, last year we knew there was a strong chance of regression all around.

this year we got rid of 4 vets and added a legit PG, and Obi/IQ finished strong. we also have Mitch and RJ locked up now no worries about that. And Hart is a big wildcard. We also know Grimes seems legit now too.

I think they can be decent and that is fun. If they are decent by spamming Brunson and Randle isos for 35 mins while playing ball control and taking away the rim it takes away from the excitement a little. It's not the best style to watch and I want to see Q and Obi more

Knicks looked awesome last year to start, we beat Celtics on opening night in a 2OT thriller, all those crazy fans outside the Garden videos going viral, started 5-1. Adding all that scoring to the backcourt.

We definitely had crazy good vibes last year to start. Didn't last long tho.

I'm excited enough though. We made some fun tweaks with Brunson and then getting a scoring backup big to replace Noel.

We have too much depth though and inevitably we are all going to want the vets to be gone so we can get more of Q, Grimes, and Cam.

I think we have a chance to bounce back pretty good though.

I think they can be decent and that is fun. If they are decent by spamming Brunson and Randle isos for 35 mins while playing ball control and taking away the rim it takes away from the excitement a little. It's not the best style to watch and I want to see Q and Obi more
    Yeah, I'm with you on this. It would be very depressing to see a bunch of isos by JB and JR. But I am somewhat resigned to that eventuality, because Thibs.

If they start playing fast paced and Randle throws a fit like he did last year, I'll just stop watching. I can't bear to watch the Thibs-Randle combination anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Knicks looked awesome last year to start, we beat Celtics on opening night in a 2OT thriller, all those crazy fans outside the Garden videos going viral, started 5-1. Adding all that scoring to the backcourt.

We definitely had crazy good vibes last year to start. Didn't last long tho.
    but relying on Kemba and knowing Randle would likely regress kept a cap on it for me last season. Even if Kemba was good last year you knew it would be 1 or 2 seasons at best, now we have Brunson who is here for the long run.

Now Randle is likely to PROGRESS and bounce back, there really isn't anyone on this roster that you don't expect to be better than last season. No one had a good year last season.

and the best thing is we are mostly a very young team.

we wont be decent if thats how we play, the east is too stacked. Brunson isn't that kind of player either.

but relying on Kemba and knowing Randle would likely regress kept a cap on it for me last season. Even if Kemba was good last year you knew it would be 1 or 2 seasons at best, now we have Brunson who is here for the long run.

Now Randle is likely to PROGRESS and bounce back, there really isn't anyone on this roster that you don't expect to be better than last season. No one had a good year last season.

and the best thing is we are mostly a very young team.
    Look at it this way. Let's see what players bring better than last season means ti the team.

RJ - being better. That would mean better efficiency and finishing at the rim and more assists. All good. May add 3-5 wins?

Randle being better. Playing faster and a lot more off the ball. Let's be realistic, this won't happen. So he continues heavy iso and shoots a little better. Minimal impact, but takes precious minutes away from Obi.

IQ playing better- this I fully expect but his minutes will go down not up. Playing behind Brunny, Rose, RJ and Evan in the guard pecking order.

Obi - Playing better. Well at 8-12 minutes a game (if that) who cares?

Mitch playing better. He plays around 28 minutes and plays good D. I don't think his offensive game will blossom out of nowhere. I'll be happy if I'm wrong in this.

Brunny of course should play well so we improve at PG.

Where does this leave us? It won't get us anything short term, but will cost us Obi and IQ long term. If I was then and the Knicks don't fire Thibs or increase their minutes, I would leave. It's as simple a that.

we wont be decent if thats how we play, the east is too stacked. Brunson isn't that kind of player either.

Brunson is BY FAR the best isolation scorer on this team and that's how Thibs plays. Last year Randle was in the top 5 for isolation possessions and he was the worst isolation scorer in basketball. we never stopped doubling down on it. On top of that Barrett and Randle were the least efficient volume scorers in the league but both had very high usage rates (we spam the same stuff with them over and over). The only team with 2 guys that had similar usage was Boston. They won 37 games playing with that sytle and with their two high-usage players shooting poorly. Adding Bruson will help a lot. hopefully, Randle/Barrett shoot better. if they do the team shouldn't be bad at all. Still, it will likely be on the backs of Brunson and Randle staring guys down and going to work, tough D, and the bench being plus 9,000.

All that said being decent is good. I still think there is a lot to be positive here. if he doesn't lose the team Thibs give you a high floor. Brunson getting a chance to play a bigger role is good. Barrett hopefully becoming a more consistent player is good, seeing who Hart is is good.....There are definitely things to be excited about
    Last edited by ewing; 10-04-2022 at 11:01 AM.

not sure what seperates this thread from others? Same old same old lol.

If you can't go into the season thinking Randle will at min default 50% to Jalen and Rose, as he stated himself, well enjoy the ride, maybe it's your way of setting it up for positives I guess.

I don't see it that way at all, I see Jalen controlling the tempo, ball etc, will he hand it off, of course even Trae, and Steph do, it will be fun to look forward to having a nice young PG who surprised the world last year.

I see not only Randle defaulting but RJ stepping it up and I see young guys contributing and not playing limited minutes and missing three's etc. They may not get the minutes we want to see them get but I see production.

Honestly can't wait to see what Rose will bring to this team, and yes I see Rose and Jalen on the court at times together.

Fans seem to forget IQ was on the court in 4th quarters a lot and at the expense of Fournier so I don't see Grimes taking that away tbh.

The flaw is the roster, make no bones about it.

Thibs will be fired mid season

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast