Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 215
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Exactly but we need a better 5-6 which we don't have. Which is why he would be the guy to replace

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I mean unless you can get Devers from Boston or Ohtani from the Angels. Those guys would cost Alvarez+ other prospects though. Then you could live with Canha's production in LF. They need a middle of the order bat of that caliber. If Ohtani wasn't so close to FA and potentially on the trade block, I would be all in on Judge. I know its unlikely but Cohen has the money to throw around if he wants to and he's the perfect fit for this lineup.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-04-2022 at 08:40 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,578
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I mean unless you can get Devers from Boston or Ohtani from the Angels. Those guys would cost Alvarez+ other prospects though. Then you could live with Canha's production in LF. They need a middle of the order bat of that caliber. If Ohtani wasn't so close to FA and potentially on the trade block, I would be all in on Judge. I know its unlikely but Cohen has the money to throw around if he wants to and he's the perfect fit for this lineup.
    I laugh because I always think, which lineup would Judge not be a perfect fit for?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I laugh because I always think, which lineup would Judge not be a perfect fit for?
    All of them lol but you get my point. I think that's the one thing that separates the Mets from the Braves and Dodgers. They're short that second middle of the order hitter. I love Lindor but ideally he's a 5th hitter. You put Judge or Ohtani in front of Pete and that's a far deeper and dangerous lineup. Now if we could just find a way to dump McCann too.

    Alvarez should be the starting catcher to start next year. They got nothing to lose with the way McCann has hit since the Mets signed him. I think Alvarez will hold his own defensively. He's not Yadier Molina but I doubt he's Gary Sanchez behind the plate either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-04-2022 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,578
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    All of them lol but you get my point. I think that's the one thing that separates the Mets from the Braves and Dodgers. They're short that second middle of the order hitter. I love Lindor but ideally he's a 5th hitter. You put Judge or Ohtani in front of Pete and that's a far deeper and dangerous lineup. Now if we could just find a way to dump McCann too.

    Alvarez should be the starting catcher to start next year. They got nothing to lose with the way McCann has hit since the Mets signed him. I think Alvarez will hold his own defensively. He's not Yadier Molina but I doubt he's Gary Sanchez behind the plate either.
    In that scenario Iíd likely go:
    Marte CF/RF
    Lindor SS
    McNeil 2B
    Judge CF/RF
    Alonso 1B
    Vogey vs RH/Alvarez vs LH DH
    Escobar 3B
    Alvarez/Nido C
    Canha LF

    Basically youíre swapping Nimmo for Judge and Alvarez for McCann

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by larry m View Post
    in that scenario iíd likely go:
    Marte cf/rf
    lindor ss
    mcneil 2b
    judge cf/rf
    alonso 1b
    vogey vs rh/alvarez vs lh dh
    escobar 3b
    alvarez/nido c
    canha lf

    basically youíre swapping nimmo for judge and alvarez for mccann
    never going to happen !!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    never going to happen !!!
    I don't think Judge is out the realm of possibility. Cohen has the cash. If he wanted to outbid the Yankees he absolutely could. I don't think its going to happen either but this isn't the Wilpons anymore.

    Ohtani looks like the more obvious get in 2024 only because Eppler was the one who brought him to Anaheim.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't think Judge is out the realm of possibility. Cohen has the cash. If he wanted to outbid the Yankees he absolutely could. I don't think its going to happen either but this isn't the Wilpons anymore.

    Ohtani looks like the more obvious get in 2024 only because Eppler was the one who brought him to Anaheim.
    The problem with waiting for Ohtani to become a free agent and then signing him is that the Angels would trade him next year, get a haul as the team who trades for him would want to sign him to a long term contract.

    Sorry to disagree with you but in my opinion Judge is out of the realm of possibility. I doubt that Cohen would try and poach him from the Yankees . The only team conceivably that could sign him would be the Giants because he is from there. But I think the chance that Judge is not a Yankee next year is slim to none.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 10-05-2022 at 11:56 AM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    10,307
    Iím confident we pursue judge to some extent but I donít think heís going anywhere. Would love Ohtani but canít wait till 2024 to add power to this lineup. LF and DH is where we can improve offensively. Alvarez should help but canít expect him to be an all star as a rookie. With escobars strong finish and baty ďreadyĒ I donít think they mess with third either. Superstar hopes aside, who can they realistically add at DH and/or left to add power?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Iím confident we pursue judge to some extent but I donít think heís going anywhere. Would love Ohtani but canít wait till 2024 to add power to this lineup. LF and DH is where we can improve offensively. Alvarez should help but canít expect him to be an all star as a rookie. With escobars strong finish and baty ďreadyĒ I donít think they mess with third either. Superstar hopes aside, who can they realistically add at DH and/or left to add power?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joc Pederson but the problem is he's another platoon bat. Otherwise Jose Abreu is a FA too but he's older and his power isn't quite the same as it used to be.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The problem with waiting for Ohtani to become a free agent and then signing him is that the Angels would trade him next year, get a haul as the team who trades for him would want to sign him to a long term contract.

    Sorry to disagree with you but in my opinion Judge is out of the realm of possibility. I doubt that Cohen would try and poach him from the Yankees . The only team conceivably that could sign him would be the Giants because he is from there. But I think the chance that Judge is not a Yankee next year is slim to none.
    Its tough to say what Judge's main motivation is. He obviously wants to be paid but did he bet on himself so the Yankees would increase their offer significantly? Did he showcase himself to go closer to home? Or does he just want the most money? If its about the latter, the Mets can do that.

    Yeah trading for Ohtani would cost a ton. I'm not opposed to making that move if they sign him long term. They could always make him the headline FA next offseason though. I know this team is getting older but they are still going to add talent in future offseasons.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-05-2022 at 12:33 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,532
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Joc Pederson but the problem is he's another platoon bat. Otherwise Jose Abreu is a FA too but he's older and his power isn't quite the same as it used to be.

    Just make Alvarez the full time DH, sign Contreras, get rid of Ruf and use Voggie off the bench.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    1,717
    I'd like Ohtani but if I'm going to trade, rather it be for a reliever given that Ihtani is not a FA.

    Then again who do you replace DeGrom with? Not sure what starters are FA this off-season

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I'd like Ohtani but if I'm going to trade, rather it be for a reliever given that Ihtani is not a FA.

    Then again who do you replace DeGrom with? Not sure what starters are FA this off-season
    Carlos Rondon

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I'd like Ohtani but if I'm going to trade, rather it be for a reliever given that Ihtani is not a FA.

    Then again who do you replace DeGrom with? Not sure what starters are FA this off-season
    When you trade for him you just make sure the deal is pending or subject to Ohtani signing a long term contract with the Mets. Otherwise, you don't pull the trigger.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Just make Alvarez the full time DH, sign Contreras, get rid of Ruf and use Voggie off the bench.
    That's a thought. Or.....Alvarez is the RH DH (with Vogelbach) and Alvarez splits his time between catching and DH.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •