Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Erik Boland
    @eboland11

5m
    Asked a veteran opposing team scout recently how Severino has looked since returning from the IL. Answer: "Like a guy who should be starting Game 1 of the playoffs for them."
    7 no hit innings! Yep, won't see him no more!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Sevy has to be one of the most frustrating guys I can remember. He has these stretches of dominance, that he canít sustain, whether itís inconsistency, or injury

New York Yankees
    @Yankees
    Prior to Game 1 of todayís doubleheader, the Yankees appointed RHP Greg Weissert (#85) as the ď29th Man.Ē

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the home run chase has ruined judge swing he is like 6 for 29..

this inning both marwin and stanton hit home runs in between judge who struck out..

Are you going to cry about this every day?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    He reminds me of the meme with Chris Farley from SNL saying for the love of God we know he hasnít hit #62 yet. Sheesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good one. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Can't say I'm impressed with Peraza thus far. Two BAD baserunning errors have cost Yankees two outs and at least one run. Now a GIDP with bases loaded tonite. You would think he would have learned the baserunning basics during his time with the Yanks minor league teams.
    Rookie mistakes. I agree this shouldn't happen at the ML level and is something that should be drilled into their heads in A ball. I chalk it up to irrational exuberance. I doubt it happens again.

Sell the Team, HAL!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Prior to Game 1 of todayís doubleheader, the Yankees made the following roster moves:
    ē Placed RHP Ron Marinaccio on the 15-day IL (retroactive to 10/3) with a stress reaction to the right shin.
    ē Returned from rehab and reinstated RHP Albert Abreu (#84) from the 15-day IL.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

it is amazing how the pressure of having the season home record in the al..messed up judge mind and swing he is just having bad swings at the plate so many pitches that he crushed all year he just swinging and missing or popping up. judge is so upset at himself.. a shame but it looks like he won't have the all time record.. in the last at bat he had 2 hit me pitches and he popped up in the infield..

ball has been flying out of the park these 2 games where are mr judge?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Rookie mistakes. I agree this shouldn't happen at the ML level and is something that should be drilled into their heads in A ball. I chalk it up to irrational exuberance. I doubt it happens again.
    I sure hope you are right. He certainly has the physical skills. Let's hope he gets his head into the games.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agreed. I don't think the first one was so bad. Big secondary lead, tried to get a jump on a missile. If the ball got past the second baseman, he scores easily. The guy made a really good play to catch it.
    If he's doing that in two years? It's a problem. But to me, it's mistake made going full out, so I don't mind as much from a young player.

Not to mention he went 2-4 today with an HR and stole a base to get into scoring position

Ignorance is bliss

Peraza has been a beast thus far. Surprisingly he has seemingly adjusted quicker to mlb pitching than he did AA or AAA. Could it be he's getting better? Seeing Boone limit his playing time reminds of when the yankees felt it necessary to hold Jeter back another year in AAA so they can play Tony Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Sevy has to be one of the most frustrating guys I can remember. He has these stretches of dominance, that he canít sustain, whether itís inconsistency, or injury
    Just injury. Performance has never really been an issue for him.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Just injury. Performance has never really been an issue for him.
    Agreed. Other than when he was 22-23 and expected to be a playoff Ace in just his 2nd yr, performing at a high level has never been an issue.

When ever he's been on the mound he's been really good, it's just been staying healthy and the way the Yanks have handled his injuries ( before the new training staff).. Weither or not Sevy liked it, the Yanks did the right thing putting him on the 60 day IL. If you go into the playoffs with 3 #1's like we have, you always have a chance to win in the playoffs. We saw last night, when Sevy is right, he can be almost unhittable. If we get that version of Sevy, we'll be in pretty good shape.

Of the 3 top starter we have, I'm most concerned with Cole. He's got to get mentally tougher and not groove those pitches after something doesn't go right.

Can we imagine what that rotation would be like this yr and next had we gotten Castillo or Montas was the guy we hoped?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    There she goes!!!!!!! 62

Ignorance is bliss

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast