Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

As a fan, would you rather have the best team or the team that advances further

To help illustrate what I mean by this, I will point to the Deron-Boozer led Jazz of the mid-late 2000's. In their first crack at the playoffs together they reached the WCF, but that wasn't the best iteration of that core group by any stretch. Even though the team continued to improve in the coming years they would never again reach the WCF....

So which of these 3 versions of the same team would you have preferred to be rooting for?
    2006: 51 Wins - Off.Rank:3rd Def.Rank: 18th - 3.06 SRS - Made the WCF
    2007: 54 Wins - Off.Rank:1st Def.Rank: 12th - 6.86 SRS - Made the Semis
    2009: 53 Wins - Off.Rank:8th Def.Rank: 10th - 5.33 SRS - Made the Semis

As a fan, would it even matter or is the end result all that truly matters?

Personally, I rather have the better team. I appreciate the level of play I'm watching
    Random Highlight of the Month: * RARE - Zo DUNKS on Shaq *

Over course of a season Iíd rather watch the better team. But end of the day, the joy of rooting for a team is that you get excited about them winning. You want your team to perform better to reach the end goal of winning. Thatís where the best memories come from.

I think its #1 in this case cause #1 making the WCF is a much bigger accomplishment then not obviously, but also cause you have optimism that this team can improve make a trade or a draft pick and get over the hump. you don't yet realize you have peaked. with the other two, the reality is really starting to set in that you might have already peaked and that you might be platueaing especially considering the Lakers were just kinda decimating that team every year and they had no answers for them. its not that disimilar to the past few years Jazz teams who had one of the greatest regular seasons team of all time, but then got clowned by the Clippers. I had a lot more fun Donovan's rookie year when that team was way worse. back to the original question, i don't know. Overall its not a ton fun knowing you don't really have a shot at the title.

speaking of which, which do you enjoy more. did you enjoy making the WCF or losing to the Nuggets. I don't know which one was actually the better team, but obviously with no Kahwi injury we knew which one was the better team after that.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Over course of a season Iíd rather watch the better team. But end of the day, the joy of rooting for a team is that you get excited about them winning. You want your team to perform better to reach the end goal of winning. Thatís where the best memories come from.
    well said

Since draft position is determined by record not by playoff success I would rather have the playoff success.

Give me the deepest playoff run personally. The closer you get to the ultimate goal the more entertaining for the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

over the course of 82-100 games, give me the better team. It makes my winter much more enjoyable. But at the end of the day, and I wouldn't know this because none of my teams have ever won a chip, it would be amazing to be able to see your team catch the breaks, matchups, health, and go deep into the playoffs.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think its #1 in this case cause #1 making the WCF is a much bigger accomplishment then not obviously, but also cause you have optimism that this team can improve make a trade or a draft pick and get over the hump. you don't yet realize you have peaked. with the other two, the reality is really starting to set in that you might have already peaked and that you might be platueaing especially considering the Lakers were just kinda decimating that team every year and they had no answers for them. its not that disimilar to the past few years Jazz teams who had one of the greatest regular seasons team of all time, but then got clowned by the Clippers. I had a lot more fun Donovan's rookie year when that team was way worse. back to the original question, i don't know. Overall its not a ton fun knowing you don't really have a shot at the title.

speaking of which, which do you enjoy more. did you enjoy making the WCF or losing to the Nuggets. I don't know which one was actually the better team, but obviously with no Kahwi injury we knew which one was the better team after that.
    The only response I have to this, is the 04-05' Wolves imploded, and we were SOOOOOOOOOO excited about that team because of the year prior. So forward thinking in sports is a tough one, unless you are a fan of a team like the Pop Spurs, or the Belly Patriots, who are literally always awesome once up and running..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.