Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: NBA futures

NBA futures

What are some futures you think are good or fun bets for the coming season (awards, division, conf, championship winners, etc).

I decided to put a couple dollars on Zion for MVP and Cam Thomas for 6th MOY (real long shot but a fun bet bc he has great shot talent)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sacramento - Over 33.5.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Sacramento - Over 33.5.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Wolves: over 48.5

I also think Anthony Edwards will challenge for all NBA. I think Jaden McDaniels will make an all defensive team.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wolves: over 48.5

I also think Anthony Edwards will challenge for all NBA. I think Jaden McDaniels will make an all defensive team.
    Not one I'd make confidently. Injury to Edwards or Towns makes that a bit shaky. DLO is bound to get injured, and who's going to be the starter and backup for all those games?

Miami Heat winning the championship this season. Jimmy and Bam coming for the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Not one I'd make confidently. Injury to Edwards or Towns makes that a bit shaky. DLO is bound to get injured, and who's going to be the starter and backup for all those games?
    I mean, injuries derail any team. None of our guys are AD, or Zion, who miss seasons worth of games. On top of that, the Wolves were 8th in offense, 13th in defense last year, and added Rudy Gobert. They lost Pat Bev, Jarred Vanderbilt, and a couple bench pieces. They should easily be top 8 in both, which spells 50+ wins.

Jaden McDaniels is going to open some eyes. Wolves fans know his defensive ability/potential, you will soon.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I mean, injuries derail any team. None of our guys are AD, or Zion, who miss seasons worth of games. On top of that, the Wolves were 8th in offense, 13th in defense last year, and added Rudy Gobert. They lost Pat Bev, Jarred Vanderbilt, and a couple bench pieces. They should easily be top 8 in both, which spells 50+ wins.

Jaden McDaniels is going to open some eyes. Wolves fans know his defensive ability/potential, you will soon.
    Might surprise others, not me. He's bound to be a defensive beast. The first time I watched him I took notice of it. He had some great possessions against Jimmy.

But he along with Rudy needs a competent PG and shooters to allow them to play off ball and closer to the rim. Wolves had 2 starter level PGs last year, and Beasley taking most his shots from behind the arc.

I would be confident too they can win over 48 games , but they do have a lot of margin for error. I think more margin than last year. Like we seem to agree, it's not if Russell will get injured, it's when. If Edwards is out alongside Russell, I don't expect the Wolves to win on just defense. I expect the offense to get anemic. SloMo will be running backup point for those nights, LOL.

Regular season Rudy (new nickname?) is criminally underrated. Wolves even missing Russell for a bit will win 50 games. Edwards is IMO going to take a massive leap this year. His improvement and Gobert for the entire season....I don't see how they win less than 50 games.

Add that to the fact that they are a team moving up and some of the teams ahead of them have moved backwards. Utah, Phoenix, SAS, all will be much worse. I dunno, I think that's a good damn bet.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 10-04-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Regular season Rudy (new nickname?) is criminally underrated. Wolves even missing Russell for a bit will win 50 games. Edwards is IMO going to take a massive leap this year. His improvement and Gobert for the entire season....I don't see how they win less than 50 games.

Add that to the fact that they are a team moving up and some of the teams ahead of them have moved backwards. Utah, Phoenix, SAS, all will be much worse. I dunno, I think that's a good damn bet.
    In fact - hot take alert (?) - they will be better without Russell as it will get a better wing defender and off ball player in the starting lineup.

yeah before I saw their depth, I thought they had a legit chance to be the #1 seed. I still love them as a regular season team though and think, barring injuries or some really bad fit issues, they should win a ton of regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Might surprise others, not me. He's bound to be a defensive beast. The first time I watched him I took notice of it. He had some great possessions against Jimmy.

But he along with Rudy needs a competent PG and shooters to allow them to play off ball and closer to the rim. Wolves had 2 starter level PGs last year, and Beasley taking most his shots from behind the arc.

I would be confident too they can win over 48 games , but they do have a lot of margin for error. I think more margin than last year. Like we seem to agree, it's not if Russell will get injured, it's when. If Edwards is out alongside Russell, I don't expect the Wolves to win on just defense. I expect the offense to get anemic. SloMo will be running backup point for those nights, LOL.
    Well, we have, along with Dirk, the greatest shooting big in history. Ant will likely tick up to acceptable from 3. Jaden should become a corner threat. Forbes off the bench can shoot.

Yeah Russell is meh. His one all star season, he had a rim runner, and has the best in the game now, so hoping that helps a bit. He played safety on defense, and as long as he can maintain that role and not get killed, I guess he is fine. I would love to see him traded and a defensive shooter take his place though. Ant is actually a rising defender, who causes deflections and steals, and when his mind is right can lock up. But consistency is key for him, we shall see if he has it.

Ant, to me, is going to be a devastating offensive force, as early as this year. If he can learn to balance the 3 attempts with brute force drives, and tick up his FTA's to where they should be for a guy that comes at the rim that hard, the Wolves should be top 8 on both sides of the ball. That nearly always spells well over 50 wins. Ant will be the best scorer in the game within a couple of years.

Yeah man, Jaden is exciting. Wolves fans were holding their breath when the Gobert trade news broke, we don't want him traded at all. The guy is exactly the type you need to contend later: Defensive beast that can guard 4 positions, hit corner 3's, needs zero plays run for him to score 15, and does all the dirty work. His defensive metrics were insane last year, especially considering he was 21.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yeah before I saw their depth, I thought they had a legit chance to be the #1 seed. I still love them as a regular season team though and think, barring injuries or some really bad fit issues, they should win a ton of regular season games.
    yeah we can't afford injuries to our key players. The hope is, a couple of young guys develop, and if we can win 55 and make a little playoff run, the min vets come looking for us..

Good news is, outside Gobert missing 15 games a year, our main guys are generally iron men. Except for Russell, but I honestly don't think we will miss him a ton when he sits.