Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NBA Preseason Thread 2022-23

Nationally televised games

Full schedule
    https://www.espn.com/nba/schedule

Promising start for Wiseman. His role will be drastically simplified this year. Theyíre just asking that he run the court, rebound, and challenge shots. Stay healthy and do those things and then they start to expand his role. Kerr talked about making a mistake his first year in handling of his role. It was too much to give to a raw big and the season was kinda a mess with turnover and injuries. Iím expecting him to grow into the season. Iím sure we will see a couple of big game nights here and there but consistently doing the little things is all I want for now. The talent is there. There skill is there. He just needs to focus on being on the court and to do that he needs to do the little things.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Promising start for Wiseman. His role will be drastically simplified this year. Theyíre just asking that he run the court, rebound, and challenge shots. Stay healthy and do those things and then they start to expand his role. Kerr talked about making a mistake his first year in handling of his role. It was too much to give to a raw big and the season was kinda a mess with turnover and injuries. Iím expecting him to grow into the season. Iím sure we will see a couple of big game nights here and there but consistently doing the little things is all I want for now. The talent is there. There skill is there. He just needs to focus on being on the court and to do that he needs to do the little things.
    So they go out and feature Wiseman on offense

The Warriors are good at taking what the defense will give them and Wiseman gives them an option on offense they haven't had in years. When they play with 2 bigs they don't switch everything, so his inability to defend 1-5 isn't really much of an issue.

Moody's defense and Kuminga's offense are the interesting part of this coming season to me.

If those 3 kids become solid NBA players the Warriors are in great shape to challenge for a title.

WIseman's stats aside. His body language looked much improved. He looked more confident, and he was actually going after rebounds pretty consistently.

Moody looks big to me. I dont know if hes chubby or just growing- but he looks as thick as draymond. He was cutting hard a lot though. Which I think should help the team when he is on the floor with klay and steph.

Kuminga kind of disappointing me. I dont care that much about the stats. but in the 4th quarter- Kuminga should have stood out as the toughest cover on the floor.... yet he was so passive, it was hard to tell he was out there.

This is gonna disappoint a lot of warriors fans because a lot of dub nation evaluate a guys value with their heart. Divincenzo is a better basketball player than GP2 and it isnt even close. If he stays healthy, I think thats going to be pretty clear before xmas.

Concerning to see klay sitting out. I know its preseason and its just a couple games for precautionary reasons. Warriors PR have been saying the last month that Klay is back to the old klay again. The old klay doesnt sit these 2 games out IMO.

I won't lie, but tomorrow is legit the first time I have been interested in preseason basketball game since like the first we got Conley. I have no idea who the starting 5 will even be. I don't know who will be the main 10 man rotation to start the year. Jazz will have to cut 4 players. I have no idea who that will be.

who I think starts and gets the major minutes to start the year assuming no trade

Conley/Beasley
    Sexton/Clarkson
    Vanderbilt/THT/NAW
    Lauri/Vanderbilt
    Olynyk/Kessler

My ideal lineup at some point(aka we trade Conley)

Sexton/Clarkson
    Beasley/Agbaji
    Fontecchio/THT
    Markkanen/NAW
    Vanderbilt/Kessler

lets some of the younger talent develop over spending minutes on players we know aren't great.

guys I think get cut
    #1 saban lee is just about a lock without an insane training camp
    #2 Stanley Johnson. he could have a use for someone out there, but its not the Jazz
    #3 Zeller. I think once the Jazz got Olynyk they no longer the older vet center
    #4 this one is a complete mystery to me. I could see it being a few guys. I hope it Udoka Azubuike, but I think it will be Butler.

I can't wait to be completely wrong on all of this.

A lot of folks just assuming Utah will be a bottom 4 team, but that 10 man rotation looks solid. They will be a threat to the 8th-10th tier.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    A lot of folks just assuming Utah will be a bottom 4 team, but that 10 man rotation looks solid. They will be a threat to the 8th-10th tier.
    thats kinda the fear. Jazz are clearly trying to tank, but they have a ton of legit NBA players still on the roster. Most of them are bottom end, but they seem really far away from a team like OKC thats still starting a bunch of guys most people have never heard of outside of shai. I think the Jazz would like to move some more of the guys, but at this point no one is trading or they don't just want to be giving guys away like they had to with Bojan.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    thats kinda the fear. Jazz are clearly trying to tank, but they have a ton of legit NBA players still on the roster. Most of them are bottom end, but they seem really far away from a team like OKC thats still starting a bunch of guys most people have never heard of outside of shai. I think the Jazz would like to move some more of the guys, but at this point no one is trading or they don't just want to be giving guys away like they had to with Bojan.
    Just wait for the odd seemingly minor injuries that linger and linger.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just wait for the odd seemingly minor injuries that linger and linger.
    I mean I would assume the other teams pull that stuff too. we did look pretty terrible today, so maybe there is hope we can carry that into the season

The Rockets looked incredible last night. Obviously it's worth taking with a huge grain of salt given that it was a preaseason game against a bad Spurs team, but they completely dominated on both ends of the floor.

Any questions people had about Jabari Smith's shooting after Summer League should be answered, and he and Tari Eason both had unreal debuts. I'm not sure how long it takes for Eason to earn his spot as a starter, but it's going to happen this season. Watch out for Bari and Tari; those kids are legit.

And overall I loved what they were doing offensively running everything through Sengun, coming off a big showcase this summer. It was a lot of five out and four out and one in, with Sengun in the post, and it worked beautifully.

I still think this team loses a ton of games, but they are going to be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Rockets looked incredible last night. Obviously it's worth taking with a huge grain of salt given that it was a preaseason game against a bad Spurs team, but they completely dominated on both ends of the floor.

Any questions people had about Jabari Smith's shooting after Summer League should be answered, and he and Tari Eason both had unreal debuts. I'm not sure how long it takes for Eason to earn his spot as a starter, but it's going to happen this season. Watch out for Bari and Tari; those kids are legit.

And overall I loved what they were doing offensively running everything through Sengun, coming off a big showcase this summer. It was a lot of five out and four out and one in, with Sengun in the post, and it worked beautifully.

I still think this team loses a ton of games, but they are going to be fun to watch.
    Do you think Sengun has MIP potential this season? What do you see his role/#s looking like?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

yeah I could see the rockets being better then expected cause they have elite talent that some nights will just shine though. obviously will still be lows, but if the guys they have been drafting are any good then at some point they should for a decent cohesive unit.

Ben Simmons first action back against the Sixers. Oh I love irony. Bet there's something gametime that keeps him out.

I really wanted Tari on the Warriors. And for what it's worth, I've been saying the Rockets should not be included in the bottom 3 teams talk. They are too talented and their roster is too well constructed to be that bad without the front office/coaches doing some fairly egregious manipulating of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think Sengun has MIP potential this season? What do you see his role/#s looking like?
    Most definitely. If he's getting starters minutes, has the ball in his hands more and the offense runs through him like it did last night, he's going to put up some numbers. Per 36 last year, he averaged 17/10/5/2/2 (rounding up). I'm not sure that's realistic, but in the 12 games he started last season, he averaged 12/8/4/1/1. I could see somewhere in between that, like maybe 15/9/5/1/1 if he improves his efficiency a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yeah I could see the rockets being better then expected cause they have elite talent that some nights will just shine though. obviously will still be lows, but if the guys they have been drafting are any good then at some point they should for a decent cohesive unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I really wanted Tari on the Warriors. And for what it's worth, I've been saying the Rockets should not be included in the bottom 3 teams talk. They are too talented and their roster is too well constructed to be that bad without the front office/coaches doing some fairly egregious manipulating of the situation.
    Yeah, the talent is definitely there, but one thing that really stood out last night in watching them was the balance of that talent. They have solid young prospects at every position with guys who can shoot, defend, pass, hustle and penetrate. There are individual weaknesses, but their strengths complement those individual weaknesses really well (Jabari/Sengun front court for example). If you took this core and projected it out 3-4 years from now, there's no obvious flaws aside from maybe size at the 5.

The biggest concern is just whether any of these guys develop into superstar level, which remains to be seen. But there are definitely guys who have that potential on the roster. If nothing else, I think there's 2-3 future All-Stars in this group between Green, Jabari and Sengun. And Tari is the wild cardóhe could end up just being a role player, but he's got an all-around game and athleticism that really jumps out at you when you watch him that kinda reminds me of a young PG/Kawhi.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 10-03-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast