Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Whelp, thatís that. Totally deflated. Thought we might get both a Jet and Met win. But no.
    That only happens once a decade

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I blame some of this **** on Sal Licata calling the division over on May 31st. Dude is a complete dumbass. I would love to know how he got work on SNY.
    SNY will hire anyone who screams
    Itís been 10+ years of rotating screamers. JJ and Licata are just the current idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Phils are just one game behind the Padres for the 2nd WC.

Itís still undecided who the Mets will play.

Based on season series Mets should avoid the Padres, but based on how ****** they are playing it wonít matter, Mets will lose in the WC round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Losing to the Phillies would mark this season as a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    None of those matchups look good for us in a three game series with how bad our offense is and the fact both SD and PHI have a solid 1-2

Especially if Marte is hurt. Hard to imagine our offense doing enough

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    If Marte is back for the playoffs, who knows what his bat will be like after the layoff. He can't even take batting practice.

Losing Marte was a massive blow to this team. We were able to survive the easy schedule barely but it was obvious it left a huge hole in the lineup. The biggest issue is that our top 3 pitchers were asked to get it done and failed. Nobody asked them to sweep the series but all 3 of them laying an egg was unacceptable. Now they have to make up for it in the playoffs. Obviously it will be a much harder road but they will get the opportunity to show if theyíre worth all the money they are making

Philly is going to have it tough at Houston, unless Houston rests it's players, which I doubt they will. Padres have SF at home so they should win a game or two and Milwaukee has Arizona who's been playing better lately. I think the Padres are the best scenario.

I know the Mets are not playing well but that does not matter. Just get in, my friends. Playoffs are such a crapshoot. I mean if an 83 win Cardinal team can sneak into the playoffs and win the WS, then who knows? You know what I would give, as a Cub fan, to have deGrom/Mad Max as your 1-2 going into the playoffs?

Just get in and take your shot. Winning the division is cool and all but there are higher priorities.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I thought Milwaukee has no shot to catch the Padres which is why SD clinched

Youíre right. For some stupid reason I was thinking this dropped the Mets to 3. Itís 4 vs. 5 and thatís almost certainly SD ó Darvish and Snell. Oh boy.

Iíll say this in 2006 the cardinals stumble into the playoffs that team looked like **** going into the playoffs and they won the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Iíll say this in 2006 the cardinals stumble into the playoffs that team looked like **** going into the playoffs and they won the WS.

No you haven't been listening. It's impossible at this point for the Mets to win a WS because of how they played the last 3 games.

Ya know what's gonna be a major kick in the dick... With ATL having to play these next 3 on the road and the first two against good MIA pitching and Braves going with Elder and Odorizzi vs Luzardo and Garrett, it's not crazy to think the Marlins can steal the first two.

But they've shut down Alcantara so he's no longer pitching on Wednesday.

Watch us win the first two while Braves lose, just for the Braves to clinch on the final day. Seems like that's the way its been going for us lately.

They can redeem themselves next weekend. Especially deGrom and Max.

PAY ME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Youíre right. For some stupid reason I was thinking this dropped the Mets to 3. Itís 4 vs. 5 and thatís almost certainly SD ó Darvish and Snell. Oh boy.
    And Musgrove. No easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Ya know what's gonna be a major kick in the dick... With ATL having to play these next 3 on the road and the first two against good MIA pitching and Braves going with Elder and Odorizzi vs Luzardo and Garrett, it's not crazy to think the Marlins can steal the first two.

But they've shut down Alcantara so he's no longer pitching on Wednesday.

Watch us win the first two while Braves lose, just for the Braves to clinch on the final day. Seems like that's the way its been going for us lately.
    Honestly I'd just prep for the WC. I hope it doesn't come to Wednesday and they waste DeGrom so he can't go in WC series

Never surrender, never give up.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, no!
    And what about all those airports that Trump said we defended from the British during the Revolutionary war.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast