Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Braves

Maybe DeGrom isn't as good... Still a #1 but not an ace

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Until that inning, Mets did a good job not swinging out of the zone. Not that inning, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I think Cohen will match whatever he’s offered on the open market. Two starts are you’re ready to toss him on the trash heap? And I never understood why fans give a **** over what a player is paid. Not my — or your — problem.
    Ever since he said, long ago, that he wants to test the FA market. Not just these last two starts.

Degrom or scherzer it does not matter. Atlanta seemed to beat this team when it counts the most. Plus even with the aces if this team chokes at the plate they will not win. The Braves swing for the fences and goodoitches or bad they will run into some.
    If the Mets win one game I will be surprised. If I am wrong I will say so but they could be swept.

Quote Originally Posted by sethjoel View Post
    Ever since he said, long ago, that he wants to test the FA market. Not just these last two starts.
    Maybe you do, but I have no problem with a player wanting to see what his skills are worth on the open market. He’s 34 and this is his last chance to do so. That doesn’t mean he’s anxious to leave. Just wants to see if he can improve his compensation for the time he has left.

I'm stuck watching the Brave feed and these announcers whine about every pitch and play that doesn't go the Braves way. I'm actually looking forward to the Fox and ESPN coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    Degrom or scherzer it does not matter. Atlanta seemed to beat this team when it counts the most. Plus even with the aces if this team chokes at the plate they will not win. The Braves swing for the fences and goodoitches or bad they will run into some.
    If the Mets win one game I will be surprised. If I am wrong I will say so but they could be swept.
    Easy… it’s the 4th inning of the first game and the Mets are being annihilated 2-1.

C'mon we gotta be able to scratch a run across.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmet1969 View Post
    I'm stuck watching the Brave feed and these announcers whine about every pitch and play that doesn't go the Braves way. I'm actually looking forward to the Fox and ESPN coverage.
    Those guys are the worst in the business. You have my sympathy.

Easy… it’s the 4th inning of the first game and the Mets are being annihilated 2-1.
    You can see Fried is now in the zone and DEGROM will give way to relief. I am a realist and go by what I see.

Those guys are the worst in the business. You have my sympathy.
    Only sterling and Waldman are worse but it might be close.

Braves schooled themselves well for this one. They observed that the last time he K-ed the lot of them on sliders that ended up low or off the plate. This time they’re just spitting on it.

Looks like deGrom found that release point on his secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    You can see Fried is now in the zone and DEGROM will give way to relief. I am a realist and go by what I see.
    Ha! So that makes me a guy with stars in his eyes I guess! (lol)

Too bad he gave up those back to back dingers. He's looking better now, knock on wood, but our offense isn't.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast