Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O's @ NYY

O's @ NYY

Game 1
    Fri, Sep 30 • 7:05 PM EDT

O's
    TBD ( Judge has huge numbers off TBD, I'd expect him to hit 62 in his 1st AB)lol

VS

Yanks
    Domingo German
    RHP
    2-3, 3.30 ERA, 46 SO

Game 2
    Sat, Oct 1 • 1:05 PM EDT

O's TBD

VS

Yanks
    Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    11-4, 2.56 ERA, 151 SO

Game 3
    Sun, Oct 2 1: 35 PM EDT

O's TBD

vs

Yankees
    Luis Severino
    RHP
    6-3, 3.41 ERA, 105 SO

Judge breaks record vs O's. I think so. In fact he may get to 65.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Judge breaks record vs O's. I think so. In fact he may get to 65.
    Bonds made the point 61 was the toughest for him to hit, then he said he hit a bunch afterwards. It won't surprise me if they give him Friday off as his last game off the regular season, then hits 6-7 in the 6 games left

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Bonds made the point 61 was the toughest for him to hit, then he said he hit a bunch afterwards. It won't surprise me if they give him Friday off as his last game off the regular season, then hits 6-7 in the 6 games left
    I don't think they should give Judge Friday off as his last game off. The best game off that they should give him is the Tuesday afternoon game in Texas which is the first half of a DH day game after a night game. Also, with a 90% chance of rain on Saturday and a 60% chance of rain Sunday, Judge better plan Friday night and set the record, so he if Sat and Sun are washed out, the Yankees fans still have a chance to see him do it. Keep in mind that the Orioles tragic number is 3 or 4, so if those games aren't played this weekend, then they won't need to be made up. Unlike the Mets and Braves games.

Finally, I don't know why MLB doesn't have the cojones to step in and have all the teams on the East Coast in the path of the hurricane this weekend, start their series on Thursday night (tonight) to get the games in, whenever one of the teams is a playoff contender. The Mets and Braves are the most important games, but teams like the Orioles who haven't been eliminated and are playing in New York and the Phillies who are playing the Nats in Washington DC should avoid the rainouts. It would suck for any of these teams to lose a playoff spot due to percentage points, because MLB doesn't want to play on Thursday prior to Wild Card round beginning the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I don't think they should give Judge Friday off as his last game off. The best game off that they should give him is the Tuesday afternoon game in Texas which is the first half of a DH day game after a night game. Also, with a 90% chance of rain on Saturday and a 60% chance of rain Sunday, Judge better plan Friday night and set the record, so he if Sat and Sun are washed out, the Yankees fans still have a chance to see him do it. Keep in mind that the Orioles tragic number is 3 or 4, so if those games aren't played this weekend, then they won't need to be made up. Unlike the Mets and Braves games.

Finally, I don't know why MLB doesn't have the cojones to step in and have all the teams on the East Coast in the path of the hurricane this weekend, start their series on Thursday night (tonight) to get the games in, whenever one of the teams is a playoff contender. The Mets and Braves are the most important games, but teams like the Orioles who haven't been eliminated and are playing in New York and the Phillies who are playing the Nats in Washington DC should avoid the rainouts. It would suck for any of these teams to lose a playoff spot due to percentage points, because MLB doesn't want to play on Thursday prior to Wild Card round beginning the next day.
    I forgot how that storm could effect games, great point

While the rest of the Yank regular season really doesn't matter playoff standings wise, the Yanks need those game to hope Stanton and others get hot. They also need those games to figure out the rest of the BP, which might be the most important thing left.

I do hope Judge isn't forced to miss games and not get the chance to add to his AL record

looks like saturday could be a washout but sunday will be ok so if rained out they could play a d/h
    sunday or maybe the o's won't want to though certainly the yankees do not..

There is strong model agreement that the main batch of rain will
    translate east later Saturday night, and certainly for Sunday. Have
    POPs trailing off quickly into late Sat night Sun morning. In
    actuality, much of the day Sunday and Sunday night may remain dry

judge has 9 home runs in 15 games vs the orioles he will hit 2 this weekend i am sure even if one game is rained out...

judge i think is tied for the most 2 run games in a season.. he is due for one more..2 home run game would be perfect if he did it tomorrow night..

@YankeeSource
    ·
    6h
    Oswald Peraza so far:

10 for 32
    5 R
    3 2B
    1 RBI
    1 SB
    3 BB
    6 K

.313/.405/406

Small sample size but he’s performing with scarce playing time.

I'll take it for an audition for next yr. IMO, he's done everything he needed to do in a very SSS, to give the Yankees total confidence in him for next yr. I'd rather have him at SS the rest of the way instead of ( I Kan't Field), but the Yanks would never do that.

Passan was on an ESPN show today predicting Judge stay in NYC, just not with the Yankees.

He said he thinks if the Mets don't get to at least the WS, DeGrom is likely to leave for ATL. Passan believes with that amount of money going elsewhere Uncle Stevie will make Judge an offer he can't refuse. Also said he doesn't think the Dodgers will end up with Judge and will be after starting pitching. LaD also considered a strong possibility for DeGrom

@yankeesource
    ·
    6h
    oswald peraza so far:

10 for 32
    5 r
    3 2b
    1 rbi
    1 sb
    3 bb
    6 k

.313/.405/406

small sample size but he’s performing with scarce playing time.

I'll take it for an audition for next yr. Imo, he's done everything he needed to do in a very sss, to give the yankees total confidence in him for next yr. I'd rather have him at ss the rest of the way instead of ( i kan't field), but the yanks would never do that.
    lol…ikf

I forgot how that storm could effect games, great point

While the rest of the Yank regular season really doesn't matter playoff standings wise, the Yanks need those game to hope Stanton and others get hot. They also need those games to figure out the rest of the BP, which might be the most important thing left.

I do hope Judge isn't forced to miss games and not get the chance to add to his AL record
    Game 1
    Fri, Sep 30 • 7:05 PM EDT

O's
    TBD ( Judge has huge numbers off TBD, I'd expect him to hit 62 in his 1st AB)lol

VS

Yanks
    Domingo German
    RHP
    2-3, 3.30 ERA, 46 SO

Game 2
    Sat, Oct 1 • 1:05 PM EDT

O's TBD

VS

Yanks
    Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    11-4, 2.56 ERA, 151 SO

Game 3
    Sun, Oct 2 1: 35 PM EDT

O's TBD

vs

Yankees
    Luis Severino
    RHP
    6-3, 3.41 ERA, 105 SO
    Especially since TBD is starting all 3games; Therefore he should be really tired by that second game, and completely worn out by the time he starts his 3rd game in 3 days. lol

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Passan was on an ESPN show today predicting Judge stay in NYC, just not with the Yankees.

He said he thinks if the Mets don't get to at least the WS, DeGrom is likely to leave for ATL. Passan believes with that amount of money going elsewhere Uncle Stevie will make Judge an offer he can't refuse. Also said he doesn't think the Dodgers will end up with Judge and will be after starting pitching. LaD also considered a strong possibility for DeGrom
    I've been saying Judge to the Mets wouldn't shock me.

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I've been saying Judge to the Mets wouldn't shock me.
    If the Yankees don't do everything in their power to keep Judge, it'll be one of the worst looks for the team possible and utterly embarrassing.

They have so much invested, with judges chambers..etc. He's a cash cow for them. Especially with him tying/possibly breaking the HR record in the AL and for the Yankees organization. I don't see how they let him go, but nothing this organization does would suprise me.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast