Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: O's @ NYY

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've been so impressed by Nestor these last couple months. He went through that period where he went pear shaped for a little while, he fixed whatever the issue was and has come back better.

Based on this yr, Nestor should probably be the game 1 starter. If he pitches well in the playoffs, it's going to be very, very difficult for me to argue he isn't a legit ace
    I’m not going to say I told you so, but………
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Cole gets Game 1. He is getting paid the big bucks! If he can have a dominating Oct the team will go very far. This is more on Cole’s shoulders than the little choo choo train Nestor. Yanks have to get passed the ALDS and they are now set up to do that. I don’t care about the extra days off excuse that will certainly be used if they flame out early. The. Then he is huge. It sets up rotation perfectly and gives a few sore and old bones some rest before hopefully a very long Oct.

It is very simple. Cole, Judge, Stanton, Rizzo, Torres, DJ and the bullpen have to do well to get to the ALCS. Of course they need Cortes as well but just saying if the ones I named don’t collectively do well then this will end badly.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes you did.

Mush, you absolutely called this.
    The problem is you call so many things that based on sheer, probability, you are bound to be correct at some point.

Ignorance is bliss

Stanton has always been Stanton. The injuries are still there, the good bat is still there.

They need a healthy lively bat again in Oct. Stanton is just a streaky hitter. When he is bad he is absolutely horrible looking to watch. You really cringed on his bad at bats. But when he brings the 1 iron out you know he is about to hit a laser. He was Arod 2009 last year(one game)and in 2020 but didn’t have any support.

Judge will get pitched around. Rizzo and the batters around Judge need to rip the ball. That is Rizzo and Torres.

Torres has been fantastic lately and needs to be that all of the time. That is the Torres we need and saw in his early seasons. Maybe he has mentality figured it out now because the talent was always there.

Rizzo and DJ are limping into Oct. Meds and therapy are going to get them through Oct. We need them to be effective.

Bader is CF is tremendous. Yankee fan is going to love this guy. His style of play makes you applaud him a lot. Defense in CF is so important. He has flashes of a young Mike Trout with the leather obviously minus the bat. I hope that plantar fasciitis is long gone. He is going to be a huge asset.

The catching combo needs to be in charge. A few hits is good but we need strong catching.

Cabrera is a nice piece to have. I really can’t say he is fully elite defensive until he gets his feet properly set with balls going over his head right shoulder when he has to turn his body around. That play the other night was nice but Paulie O’Neil said his footing was backwards. Raw talent with the glove made that catch. When he puts it all together then he can be put into the elite category.

He might just might have the Bernie Williams type bat. A lot of line drives and the homerun produced from a perfect swing.

The weak link on this team is the bullpen. I afraid Oct will be decided for the most part by the bullpen. They need to put fires out and not bring the gasoline can to the mound.

I don’t trust Effross at closing. I’d rather go with Trevino as he seems more calmer. I want Holmes but the command is shaky again.

But if I have a 4-1 lead going into the 7th and Cole just gave me a strong 6 but is tiring I’d go with everything and even the kitchen sink and use Holmes as the closer for Oct. You just have to use those cards when the chips are in….. But this is a time when you need a Mo closing.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-02-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes you did.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    looks like tomorrow game could be a washout unless they move the game up to like 11:00am suppose to be a rainy afternoon

LOL not moving the game to 11.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    He won't sit out that game,but he will most likely DH.(half game off).

No need to sit anyone the last game. They have plenty of time off after that game.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes you did.

Mush, you absolutely called this.
    The problem is you call so many things that based on sheer, probability, you are bound to be correct at some point.
    Whats the saying?

Throw enough **** at the wall, eventually something will stick.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Prior to today’s game, the Yankees made the following roster moves:
    • Signed RHP Chi Chi González (#70) to a Major League contract and added him to the active roster.
    • Transferred INF/OF Matt Carpenter to the 60-day injured list.
    • Designated RHP Jacob Barnes for assignment.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Prior to today’s game, the Yankees made the following roster moves:
    • Signed RHP Chi Chi González (#70) to a Major League contract and added him to the active roster.
    • Transferred INF/OF Matt Carpenter to the 60-day injured list.
    • Designated RHP Jacob Barnes for assignment.

The 60-day DL means he will be off the DL just in time for the ALDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    The 60-day DL means he will be off the DL just in time for the ALDS.
    Carpenter, this move is mostly a formality. He will be ineligible to return until 60 days from his initial IL placement, which was August 9, meaning he can return October 8. The Yanks already secured a bye through the first playoff round and will be playing in the ALDS beginning October 11. It was recently reported that the club plans to get him some at-bats with Double-A Somerset before returning to the big league club.MLBTR

Sell the Team, HAL!

judge has become pull happy he does not even try to go to right field pitchers are throwing him sliders down and away he had to go with the pitch... not pulling off and eventually striking out...

That was the most unselfish thing, Hicks could have done

Ignorance is bliss

Judge swinging at balls.

Go for the triple crown. Get the average up. The hr will come

Ignorance is bliss

that was just a awful at bat by judge with bases loaded he continues to chase pitches way out of strikezone trying to hit 62 he is now almost falling out of the batting race,, these 2 at bats were just so unlike judge this year but the pressure to get 62 is so much for him...not a single attempt by judge to go to right field it is easy for judge to pop a home run to right sort porch but every at bat he tries to pull every pitch..

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast