Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O's @ NYY

I've been so impressed by Nestor these last couple months. He went through that period where he went pear shaped for a little while, he fixed whatever the issue was and has come back better.

Based on this yr, Nestor should probably be the game 1 starter. If he pitches well in the playoffs, it's going to be very, very difficult for me to argue he isn't a legit ace

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    These pitchers are ****ing *******. This idea of "I don't want tone remembered for the guy who've up 62", is so ****ing, weak.

If you are concerned that will be your legacy? You suck

I think they should ban intentional walks.

I hate that ****. Man up and compete.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Those Bonds/ Judge swing comps aren't far off.. lot of similarities there
    He grew up in Northern Cali, idolized Bonds. Probably copied his swing as a kid.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No question. I conceded that point to Shady. He was a great player. However he had help. Let's not deny the PED use. Let's not also deny in the age 24-30 I used for comparison, Bonds had almost 1K more AB's.

Investigation (BALCO) proved he used from 1998, there is speculative evidence, that was not made public , suggesting it was much earlier. Records show Bonds as a Pittsburgh Pirate in 1986 weighing a trim 185 pounds (83.9 kg). He stayed at 185 pounds until 1991, when his listed weight rises to 190 pounds (86.2 kg) and it shot up suddenly to 206 (93.4 kg) in 1997 -- more than a 10 percent rise in weight.

In 2001 he weighed 228 pounds (103.4 kg) and smacked 73 home runs.

The Soto argument is fair. Bonds was a great player from the outset. Makes one wonder why he felt he needed to resort to cheating? GREAT isn't good enough? Does one feel the need to jeopardize a career and the game to be the GREATEST?
    For the bolded, absolutely but he also had 300 more SBs than Judge.

For the PEDS? Yeah. I don't know. Money? Maybe to an extent. To become the all time greatest? Probably.

The truth is, there is no way he breaks any of those records without using.
    He likely hits in the 600 range, has a couple of 50+ years and is done by 37-38

Ignorance is bliss

in his last at bat today looked like judge was going to be walked again 3-0 counts fans booing then the pitcher gave judge 2 bp fastballs in a row in the strikezone pitches judge would usually crush and judge fouled both to right then he struck out judge on a slider.. judge had his chances his last bat but clearly was feeling the pressure to get it done..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    in his last at bat today looked like judge was going to be walked again 3-0 counts fans booing then the pitcher gave judge 2 bp fastballs in a row in the strikezone pitches judge would usually crush and judge fouled both to right then he struck out judge on a slider.. judge had his chances his last bat but clearly was feeling the pressure to get it done..
    wow, if hitting a HR is that easy to do in a game, everyone should be able to do it. I mean he got two cupcakes in 1 AB and he didn't hit 1 of them for #62? DFA him, he's a bum

With your vast baseball knowledge, that never miss crystal ball you have and how easy u think the game is, why aren't you out there showing Judge how to do it.. Asking for a friend

it been easy for judge all year what has changed in the last 10 days for judge.. pressure to get it done..i mean he has gotten plenty of pitches in the strikezone to hit why is he missing them the last 10 days?

it been easy for judge all year what has changed in the last 10 days for judge.. pressure to get it done..i mean he has gotten plenty of pitches in the strikezone to hit why is he missing them the last 10 days?
    Your homer boner is hilarious. They haven't been pitching to Judge for 2-3 weeks, he's taking a ton of walks and other than today has been putting balls in play. He's not going up there trying to hit HRs every time, he's trying to get hits every time he's up and if some of those go for HRs.. great.

The batting avg crown and triple crown mean far more to Judge than hitting 65 plus hr's. After he hits 1 more, I bet he could careless about how many more HRs he hits till the playoffs. He's a hitter first, than a slugger, thats what makes him so much different than other hitter who have come close to hitting this many HRs

i know they have not been pitching to judge the last 10 days not 2 to 3 weeks be accurate here even so judge has had pitches to hit.. in every game judge will get a pitch or pitches in the strikezone.. .. he just seems off like he wants to hit a home run so bad he ruins his approach.. what ever happened to hitting the ball to right. judge has hit a lot of home runs to right but in the last 10 days he has been pull happy.. he has not even tried to go to right..i go back to barry bonds they walked him even more then judge but when they made a mistake to bonds he hit it out. judge is not bonds but he has had pitches to hit.. even during this walk happy stretch by opposing pitchers..i am sure he will get in in texas less pressure on the road then in yankee stadium.. and judge does look very tense at the plate the last week..understandable..

did it look like to you in judge last at bat when the count was 3-0 fans booing the pitcher like crazy.. that the pitcher said to himself here judge come and take you're best shot and he threw judge 2 fastballs in the strikezone to hit.. it appeared that way to me..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    https://www.amazon.com/Basic-English...9-c02975d96887

Good book, highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

did it look like to you in judge last at bat when the count was 3-0 fans booing the pitcher like crazy.. that the pitcher said to himself here judge come and take you're best shot and he threw judge 2 fastballs in the strikezone to hit.. it appeared that way to me..
    here is the pitch charts of what Judge saw to hit today https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/sta...94377517121536
    He got 1, only 1 borderline FB to hit all day, not 2 in the final AB. The other 2 strikes he saw all game we're 1 CB and 1 SL, both lower in the zone for him.

He hasn't been getting many pitches to hit for a few weeks, he's controlling the zone and trying to hit his pitch.

Just because you think he's getting cupcake FB he should hit to the moon, doesn't make it true. Far from it actually

Watch tomorrow get rained out and they don't make it up bc it doesn't matter, and Judge plays 1 of 2 in the DH. That'd leave him with 3 more games to hit 62 instead of 5. Could also see the regulars all sitting on the final day.

It would be funny, and suck, if he stayed at 61.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Watch tomorrow get rained out and they don't make it up bc it doesn't matter, and Judge plays 1 of 2 in the DH. That'd leave him with 3 more games to hit 62 instead of 5. Could also see the regulars all sitting on the final day.

It would be funny, and suck, if he stayed at 61.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    He won't sit out that game,but he will most likely DH.(half game off).

judge got to get some hits or the batting title is not going to be his going 0-1 with 2 or 3 walks wont help his cause his is 2 points behind in the race and the twins will rest arreez they have done son twice in the last week vs lefties...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast