Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 838
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    pretty popular sentiment among fans that we will turn it around on this west coast trip like last season
    I donít understand that sentiment. It doesnít look like the same same team as last year. I find it hard to cheer for losses, but I donít see a bright future for this team without lotto.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    OG's xrays came back negative. Still not looking good for the west coast turn around.
    Iím waiting for the 2nd opinion. Bobby and masai looked shell shocked after OG went down. Very concerned, and Iím sure they got a better update than we got of ďx-rays were negativeĒ. Iíll be concerned until we know heís back before the deadline.

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím waiting for the 2nd opinion. Bobby and masai looked shell shocked after OG went down. Very concerned, and Iím sure they got a better update than we got of ďx-rays were negativeĒ. Iíll be concerned until we know heís back before the deadline.
    Well yeah cause it looked really bad live. But the X-rays came back negative which means it is just a sprained wrist. If you're worried about trades, just be glad he didn't fracture his wrist or dislocate his shoulder.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-28-2023 at 04:10 PM.

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Well yeah cause it looked really bad live. But the X-rays came back negative which means it is just a sprained wrist. If you're worried about trades, just be glad he didn't fracture his wrist or dislocate his shoulder.
    My concern is the update we got is being downplayed. The 2nd opinion should be much more comprehensive. Itís his shooting hand.

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    But also that look in their eyesÖ they are/were planning to trade OG for sure.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I donít understand that sentiment. It doesnít look like the same same team as last year. I find it hard to cheer for losses, but I donít see a bright future for this team without lotto.
    not everyone has that mindset. some people just want to watch a competitive game when they come home from work. they don't mind being the Indiana or Washington.

    during the Tampa season there were tons of people pushing to make the playoffs and talking about winning culture blah blah blah until Masai was like playin for what.

    The Raptors have a young fan base and not a very strong winning history. Boston/LA/Mia fans have very high expectations/standards, not sure the Raptors are quite there yet. We may be a big market but we still have a small market mindset. You see it when people talk about players and winning. It's enough for some fans if a player says they want to stay in Toronto lol. That's the bar.

    im so glad Masai has higher standards and expectations.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-28-2023 at 09:01 PM.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    not everyone has that mindset. some people just want to watch a competitive game when they come home from work. they don't mind being the Indiana or Washington.

    during the Tampa season there were tons of people pushing to make the playoffs and talking about winning culture blah blah blah until Masai was like playin for what.

    The Raptors have a young fan base and not a very strong winning history. Boston/LA/Mia fans have very high expectations/standards, not sure the Raptors are quite there yet. We may be a big market but we still have a small market mindset. You see it when people talk about players and winning. It's enough for some fans if a player says they want to stay in Toronto lol. That's the bar.

    im so glad Masai has higher standards and expectations.
    Iím so glad Masai has that confidence.

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Precious v eubanks will be interesting to watch.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Precious has been significantly better than OG during this 10 game stretch.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Precious has been significantly better than OG during this 10 game stretch.
    Shhhhh

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,755
    Raptors after last night's win are what 23-28...5 games under .500 so it begs the question of if the Raptors continue the tank? Or do they commit now to winning games? Y'all do face another struggling team tomorrow in the Phoenix Suns in Phoenix on the road so it begs the question of if the Raptors do commit to trying to turn this thing around and if they do, then who gets the boot? Who gets traded?

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,878
    Precious has been balling. Scottie is as well. 18 7 and 5 in the last month on 50% shooting.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    I don't get any of the criticism about development. Sometimes players just aren't good. Sometimes teams go through development droughts. I don't understand why people think it's a knock against Nurse that the team hasn't gotten anything out of late second round prospects.

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't get any of the criticism about development. Sometimes players just aren't good. Sometimes teams go through development droughts. I don't understand why people think it's a knock against Nurse that the team hasn't gotten anything out of late second round prospects.
    People just donít seem to comprehend that 3 years (almost 4 because flynn was 29th) without a 1st rounder does this.

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't get any of the criticism about development. Sometimes players just aren't good. Sometimes teams go through development droughts. I don't understand why people think it's a knock against Nurse that the team hasn't gotten anything out of late second round prospects.
    People have fallen in to this aura that raptors are great at developing late picks. Since that's not happening with some of the players, the blame is going towards Nurse. If raptors aren't expected to be in a rebuilding phase, why would Nurse use these guys regularly? I hope they retain nurse.

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •