Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    seems like a repeat of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    OG is a monster. 3 steals in a minute and a half.
    He is making a case for Defensive Player of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    seems like a repeat of last season.
    ?
    Tough early season with some injuries and then we come on strong? Are you saying barnes hasnít improved much? Is this about the minutes FVV is playing? Ugh your vague comment is sending me into a spiral lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    ?
    Tough early season with some injuries and then we come on strong? Are you saying barnes hasnít improved much? Is this about the minutes FVV is playing? Ugh your vague comment is sending me into a spiral lol
    It doesn't appear to me that Barnes has improve a ton. I know the questions wasn't directed my way, but I'll offer my thoughts. And FVV has carried the team to 2/3 wins since Siakam has been out. He went from averaging 11 shots per game over the first 6 games to 22 shots per game in the past 3. He is a very good player and good enough to carry a team some nights, especially against lesser competition, but it isn't a formula to winning long-term (the ceiling of a FVV run offense is very limited against better teams) and won't help the kids develop enough.

The hope is that Barnes steps up in Siakam's absence, but that clearly isn't happening (Barnes is probably banged up too to be fair). OG is probably playing as well as he can, but he isn't an offensive creator. He gets most offense on catch and shoot opportunities, off-ball cuts or in the fast break.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It doesn't appear to me that Barnes has improve a ton. I know the questions wasn't directed my way, but I'll offer my thoughts. And FVV has carried the team to 2/3 wins since Siakam has been out. He went from averaging 11 shots per game over the first 6 games to 22 shots per game in the past 3. He is a very good player and good enough to carry a team some nights, especially against lesser competition, but it isn't a formula to winning long-term (the ceiling of a FVV run offense is very limited against better teams) and won't help the kids develop enough.

The hope is that Barnes steps up in Siakam's absence, but that clearly isn't happening (Barnes is probably banged up too to be fair). OG is probably playing as well as he can, but he isn't an offensive creator. He gets most offense on catch and shoot opportunities, off-ball cuts or in the fast break.
    Ok so yeah the roster hasnít changed much. I didnít expect major changes, I expected things to get tighter and I think we have seen that. The defence has elevated to the next level and is causing havoc. Koloko has improved our defensive presence a bit, but thatís sort of mitigated by precious falling off.

OG and boucher have found their groove as finishers who play amazing defence. OG learning how to be effective offensively without taking more than a few dribbles is absolutely team changing.

I saw FVV take a step back earlier in the season for siakam and that was perfect. His shooting is probably top 5 in the league and if he stays as our PG then I will not complain. In these last few games where siakam has been out, ive noticed him Fred playing some old school PG, finding guys and letting his teammates take the open shots. But of Lowry coming out in him. Gives me optimism. He thinks, and is correct, that he needs to score a lot more when siakam is out. Iím fine with it as long as he isnít taking the ball away from a hot teammate.

Iím definitely bullish on this team. Obviously room to improve but Iím feeling good about the early-season opportunities tht these injuries are opening up.

Iíd say barnes has improved his shot a ton. Thatís huuuuuuge in the long run. Doesnít seem like something he will need to zero in on in future offseasons, just keep building on the foundation heís laid. Next offseason I hope he refines his 1v1 game because if he can get past or through his guy then it will mean tons of open shots for everyone around him.
    Barnes is currently looking like a dream glue guy. Garbahosa or Draymond on steroids. If he stopped improving today, he could still play a huge starting role on a championship team. I hope he stops relying on that jump shot next season and elevates to the next level.
    Siakam didnít elevate until his 3rd season, and his 3rd season was about as equally impressive as Barnes rookie season (stats wise, obviously the eye test was insane on that championship run).
    Iím not down on barnes at all, and actually have noticed some key fundamental improvements that will pay dividends in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iíd say barnes has improved his shot a ton. Thatís huuuuuuge in the long run. Doesnít seem like something he will need to zero in on in future offseasons, just keep building on the foundation heís laid. Next offseason I hope he refines his 1v1 game because if he can get past or through his guy then it will mean tons of open shots for everyone around him.
    Barnes is currently looking like a dream glue guy. Garbahosa or Draymond on steroids. If he stopped improving today, he could still play a huge starting role on a championship team. I hope he stops relying on that jump shot next season and elevates to the next level.
    Siakam didnít elevate until his 3rd season, and his 3rd season was about as equally impressive as Barnes rookie season (stats wise, obviously the eye test was insane on that championship run).
    Iím not down on barnes at all, and actually have noticed some key fundamental improvements that will pay dividends in the long run.
    It is still a small sample for me on assessing his shot. The percentage is up 5 points early season, but it doesn't look different and he still has moments where he is open and passes up the shot. Some games he has looked great from 3, others not so much.

The defense is concerning me a bit. He always gives the effort and I like his willingness to pick up guards in the full court, but being placed on the guards, he is getting blown by a LOT. I think there has been too much heart and not enough fundamentals so far. I imagine the coaches are working with him through watching the tape. It is a tough thing to fix with him though. Nurse preaches ball pressure. It is where a lot of the turnovers come from. But Scottie isn't able to stay in front of his guy right now.

The passing and post play look the same to me - which is to say both look really good. I'd love to see him operating out of the post more. I'm not sure if he likes the view point of reading the defense from behind the 3pt line, but I think creating offense out of the post is an area the Raptors could leverage better with him. Especially now that Siakam is out.

It is still a small sample for me on assessing his shot. The percentage is up 5 points early season, but it doesn't look different and he still has moments where he is open and passes up the shot. Some games he has looked great from 3, others not so much.

The defense is concerning me a bit. He always gives the effort and I like his willingness to pick up guards in the full court, but being placed on the guards, he is getting blown by a LOT. I think there has been too much heart and not enough fundamentals so far. I imagine the coaches are working with him through watching the tape. It is a tough thing to fix with him though. Nurse preaches ball pressure. It is where a lot of the turnovers come from. But Scottie isn't able to stay in front of his guy right now.

The passing and post play look the same to me - which is to say both look really good. I'd love to see him operating out of the post more. I'm not sure if he likes the view point of reading the defense from behind the 3pt line, but I think creating offense out of the post is an area the Raptors could leverage better with him. Especially now that Siakam is out.
    I think he has been more aggressive with his passes this year. Itís been awesome.

been saying that since before he got drafted. he's a good player but the exuberance has to match reality eventually

Tough game.

One of the worst games I have ever watched from the raptors.

I hope itís not the same sickness that ravaged my family over the last few weeks. The lack of energy looking like it was the main symptom concerns me it was the same illness. If so then theyíll all get it eventually, and youíre floored for a week. The cough is persistent too about 3 weeks.

Rough game today as well blowing the lead.

I haven't seem much improvement out of him. May be he is still playing hurt but he hasn't looked good during the Siakam's absence. His shot still looks awkward and still taking ill advised 3s. I like his playmaking but he tends to be passive at times. This a great test for him given Siakam is out. I sort of expected 2nd year struggles because of the expectations people have of him for this season.

Again losing to teams y'all should be putting away easily like the Thunder and Pacers...let's just say this ain't it like not even impressed

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast