Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Aaron Judge hits #61

2-run shot, a no-doubter in Toronto. Yankees up 5-3.

Congrats Aaron Judge, he was really feeling pressure the last week.

Hopefully he gets his 62nd HR this weekend (they are off tomorrow) and then can settle down after that.

Nice to see the ball land in the Blue Jays bullpen. He should get the ball back if he wants it.

Hope he goes pads it and reaches like 66 or something.

If he fails to reach #62, there should be a huge asterisk* next to his name because he's lost some extra AB's because of the idiotic extra-inning baserunner rule.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

Pitchers are barely giving him anything to hit. That combined with his slightly altered launch angle, he's struggling to get 62. I hear that the new stadium in Texas plays big. Even though Judge has power to hit it out of anywhere, I wonder if he has a good shot to get 62 in this last series.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Pitchers are barely giving him anything to hit.
    Nothing compared to Barry Bonds.

Cool to see Judge break the AL home run record. I know people are screaming asterisks because of PEDs but the reality is you could put a caveat next to all those individual seasons. Babe played against guys throwing 80 mph and in an era where ground rule doubles that went over the fence were home runs. Maris did it in a season where there were 8 more games than what Ruth played.

And Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa did it when they were all hopped up on PEDs. Then again so was much of their competition.

Judge is having an amazing season. I don't see why so much of the national media thinks they need to pretend he's the new single season HR record holder to artificially bolster said season even further.

Yeah, especially when a lot of the media that's talking crap now capitalized on the popularity of the steroid era.

Anyway, I think Judge can realistically get 8yrs/$320 million on the open market. It's gonna be really sad if he goes somewhere else though

Yeah, seems like he'll likely get around $300MM or so. Betting on himself certainly seems to have worked like gangbusters. Having said that, I can't imagine a contract of that size working out too well for whoever nabs him (most likely the Yankees).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, seems like he'll likely get around $300MM or so. Betting on himself certainly seems to have worked like gangbusters. Having said that, I can't imagine a contract of that size working out too well for whoever nabs him (most likely the Yankees).
    As with most big guys, the later half of their 30s can be a struggle, but I see them treating him like Jeter: he'll be the captain, he'll have the experience and wisdom to share, and he'll be in the lineup as long as he's healthy. I think he can still get 25+ homers in his age 35-40 seasons. Definitely not worth $40 million per year, but that's going to be the cost of keeping him and getting a few more MVP type seasons.