Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Yup, Anoher K for Stanton. Unless it changes, he is not on my playoff roster!
    Yep, Stanton = totally worthless right now.

Yep, Stanton = totally worthless right now.
    I'm not sure if he could hit a softball at this point. You gotta wonder if they shouldn't consider DHing Carp in the playoffs. Especially against RH pitchers..

They really need to figure out what they have in Benny, Carp and DJ.. I'm sure they'll get a ton of work in over at the alternate site they have setup in Somerset

With the division series being 5 games, do u think they carry 4 starters?

What has more value in a short series ? a 4th starter, a reliever or extra position player?

the answer to that question would likely be much easier if we had a better idea of what Benny, DJ and Carp are going to be capable of

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

What has more value in a short series ? a 4th starter, a reliever or extra position player?

the answer to that question would likely be much easier if we had a better idea of what Benny, DJ and Carp are going to be capable of
    100%agree!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

They carry 4 starters because they do not want to alienate either Sevy or Taillon in case they want to sign them after the season ends. Both currently feel that they are valued members of the team, but will feel less so if the team feels it can get by without them. Montas has performed poorly, is injured and is already under control for next year. You can leave him off the post season roster.

Yup, Anoher K for Stanton. Unless it changes, he is not on my playoff roster!
    He is streaky and can carry a team when hot.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    He is streaky and can carry a team when hot.
    Well, he's got 6 games to convince me he's turned the corner from ice cold to being hot or I'm leaving him off my playoff roster (assumingntwo of the three-- DJ,Carp, Benie have shown they are ready to go.)
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 10-01-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    They carry 4 starters because they do not want to alienate either Sevy or Taillon in case they want to sign them after the season ends. Both currently feel that they are valued members of the team, but will feel less so if the team feels it can get by without them. Montas has performed poorly, is injured and is already under control for next year. You can leave him off the post season roster.
    Severino is under team control next year. He's also their third best pitcher so there's not reason to hold him off the roster.

With Taillon, I don't think the Yankees will re-sign him. He's no better than German, who the Yankees will have next season. Their rotation will be Cole, Nestor, Montas, Sevy. German. That's perfectly fine. They don't need Taillon, especially at what he will cost. If they find someone who is a significant upgrade over German, I'm all for signing them or trading for them.

I wouldn't put Taillon on the roster just to avoid alienating him. That said, I think he is the best candidate to come in if one of their starters implodes and give the Yankees some length out of the bullpen. German should be the 4th starter, so that leaves Taillon as the only other guy who could provide length.

Well, he's got 6 games to convince me he's turned the corner from ice cold to being hot or I'm leaving him off my playoff roster (assumingntwo of the three-- DJ,Carp, Benie have shown they are ready to go.)
    Thereís no way heís not on the roster

What has Carp done to earn a spot compared to what Stanton has done all season. Even Benintendi, has he proven himself worthy? He played in 33 games with 114 AB's. Don't misunderstand I like both these guys, but they have spent more time sitting on the IL than playing. I like Benintendi's glove, but the potential for big game hits in Stanton's bat just can't be ignored. Granted he is having an off year, statistically one of his worst.

He is walking at a 11.1 percent rate, and striking out 29.1 percent of the time. Both numbers are well in line with his career marks of 11.6 and 28.1 respectively.

When it comes to hitting the ball hard, Stanton is pretty much always going to do that to a certain extent; when he makes the contact, the ball flies. That hasnít really changed, even as heís struggled. Stantonís hard contact rate, which measures the number of balls heís hit at or above 95 mph, currently sits at 31.4, not that far off from what he put up in 2021, and better than in other recent seasons. By Baseball Savant, he remains in the top two percent of the league.

The biggest difference between the Stanton of now and of the recent past is his performance on balls in play. Stantonís current career low in BABIP came in 2017 with a .288 mark. He is in line to completely shatter mark with a .228 number this season. https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...slump-statcast

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Severino is under team control next year. He's also their third best pitcher so there's not reason to hold him off the roster.

With Taillon, I don't think the Yankees will re-sign him. He's no better than German, who the Yankees will have next season. Their rotation will be Cole, Nestor, Montas, Sevy. German. That's perfectly fine. They don't need Taillon, especially at what he will cost. If they find someone who is a significant upgrade over German, I'm all for signing them or trading for them.

I wouldn't put Taillon on the roster just to avoid alienating him. That said, I think he is the best candidate to come in if one of their starters implodes and give the Yankees some length out of the bullpen. German should be the 4th starter, so that leaves Taillon as the only other guy who could provide length.
    Schmidt can give you 3 innings, (but probably not any more than that.)

Schmidt can give you 3 innings, (but probably not any more than that.)
    Agree. I was just thinking that after I made the post. Still think you need a guy like Taillon back there just in case.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thereís no way heís not on the roster
    Agreed.
    Sadly, I feel the same about Hicks

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    It's bummer what happened to Holmes's season. He was a huge reason they got to that massive division lead. Without him, this team may be in fight for the al east.

Britton being gone sucks for him but it makes decisions easier for the pen

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's bummer what happened to Holmes's season. He was a huge reason they got to that massive division lead. Without him, this team may be in fight for the al east.

Britton being gone sucks for him but it makes decisions easier for the pen
    Agree on both. Holmes is a huge blow to the gut. But I think they'll survive.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast