Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Roster

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    BUM.. whatever they do don't resign him... I mean he's gotten tons of pitches down the dick and can't hit them out ( according to Johnny) for number 62 . If he doesn't hit number 62, why even put him on the playoff roster
    I'd go one step further and DFA him right now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    My bad. I'm old. I got his injury confused with DJ. His issue is gripping the bat and catching.
    If Beni can't hit, keep him off the roster.
    If DJ is still in pain and can't run, keep him off the roster.

I believe they can make changes each round so if either is healthy, you could add them.
    (But if you are advancing, why would you change what's working?)

Ignorance is bliss

Is there any way the yankees can request a delay in the start of the playoffs in order for their players to be healthy in time for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Is there any way the yankees can request a delay in the start of the playoffs in order for their players to be healthy in time for them?
    That privilege went to the grave with George. Hal doesn't have the sac or clout of dear old dad.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I believe they can make changes each round so if either is healthy, you could add them.
    Agree.

Bader has proven, thus far, to be an exceptional glove. Benintendi won't be missed on D. I'd prefer Bader in CF and Judge in RF, Cabrera in LF. Bader can slide over to LF and Hicks is also capable assuming he makes the cut.

Might be a bit harder to replace DJ's bat.

Sell the Team, HAL!

DJ will med up. He is going to play in Oct.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

This BP situation is going to be a problem in the playoffs. I'm not so worried about the DS, because they can use 1 or both of Taillon and German in the the BP.

I'm concerned if they go farther. They may end up needing Montas to be able to pitch well out of the BP and hope like hell a couple of Castro, Wandy, Holmes, Abreau? Ridings? ect can come back and be solid.

Sure would be nice if we had a Sears or Wesneski to put in the BP for the post season..

It's kinda scary but a lot of our success this post season may depend on how well Taillon, German and Montas pitch in roles they really aren't used to.

I especially think that true for German. While he's probably been the better starter since he's been back over Taillon, but Taillon hasn't been bad by any means starting of late. German has had a lot of success in the BP in the past. IMO, he gives us a better chance to win in a 7 game series being able to pitch 3-4 plus times out of the BP, possibly being able to multiple innings, vs starting game 4 and thats it.

Taillon's strength this yr is mixing his 6 different pitches all going to different parts of the zone. Starters that go to the BP tend to go with their 2-4 best pitches. I think the whole of Taillon's stuff is better than the parts, which makes me think he's better off as the 4th starter.

German stuff plays up out of the BP, he doesn't have to change his pitch mix much and he can lean on his CU and CB a little more heavily if needed

They are going to really need a couple BP guys to step up for them to have a shot
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-02-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agree.

Bader has proven, thus far, to be an exceptional glove. Benintendi won't be missed on D. I'd prefer Bader in CF and Judge in RF, Cabrera in LF. Bader can slide over to LF and Hicks is also capable assuming he makes the cut.

Might be a bit harder to replace DJ's bat.
    I just was texting with one of my buddies and got some very interesting new about all that. Remember a couple games ago when DJ started at 3rd, they took him out, moved IKF to 3rd and Cabrera went from LF to SS?

The Yanks internal numbers/metrics have Cabrera being one of our top 3 hitters since Sept 1st. If Benny and Carp come back and look good, they are very seriously thinking about giving Cabrera starts at SS against the better RH pitching.

The reason Carp was not activated for the Texas series is because the Yanks are running a full alt site in Somerset where they have enough guys to play a realistic sim game. They feel like they can get their injured guys far more good work in at the alt site than getting a couple ABs against a bad Texas team

The Yanks are really ramping up this ALT site because they are expecting a lot of possible roster changes between rounds and they think keeping these guys working against each other live will get them or keep them in game shape better. Hopefully it works

I guess they are seriously considering T Wade for the post season pinch runner spot. I hate that idea, but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    This BP situation is going to be a problem in the playoffs. I'm not so worried about the DS, because they can use 1 or both of Taillon and German in the the BP.

I'm concerned if they go farther. They may end up needing Montas to be able to pitch well out of the BP and hope like hell a couple of Castro, Wandy, Holmes, Abreau? Ridings? ect can come back and be solid.

Sure would be nice if we had a Sears or Wesneski to put in the BP for the post season..

It's kinda scary but a lot of our success this post season may depend on how well Taillon, German and Montas pitch in roles they really aren't used to.

I especially think that true for German. While he's probably been the better starter since he's been back over Taillon, but Taillon has been bad by any means starting of late. German has had a lot of success in the BP in the past. IMO, he gives us a better chance to win in a 7 game series being able to pitch 3-4 plus times out of the BP, possibly being able to multiple innings, vs starting game 4 and thats it.

Taillon's strength this yr is mixing his 6 different pitches all going to different parts of the zone. Starters that go to the BP tend to go with their 2-4 best pitches. I think the whole of Taillon's stuff is better than the parts, which makes me think he's better off as the 4th starter.

German stuff plays up out of the BP, he doesn't have to change his pitch mix much and he can lean on his CU and CB a little more heavily if needed

They are going to really need a couple BP guys to step up for them to have a shot
    I'm actually glad Chapman imploded today. I think this will be the last straw and he will not make the post-season roster. I think their bullpen will be fine as long as they can get some length out of the starting pitchers.

Luetge I think just sealed the deal, he will be on the post-season roster.

SP - Cole, Nestor, Sevy, German

1. Marinaccio
    2. Holmes (if healthy)
    3. Peralta
    4. Trivino
    5. Effross
    6. Loaisiga
    7. Schmidt
    8. Taillon
    9. Pick your poison - Castro or Abreu - both if Holmes is not ready.

That's 13 pitchers. I think that's all you'll need. All of them are solid. I still don't know who will close games. I think that will be the biggest problem. Bottom line is though, this team is not going to win a lot of games in the playoffs if they only score one run like they did tonight and Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I'm actually glad Chapman imploded today. I think this will be the last straw and he will not make the post-season roster. I think their bullpen will be fine as long as they can get some length out of the starting pitchers.

Luetge I think just sealed the deal, he will be on the post-season roster.

SP - Cole, Nestor, Sevy, German

1. Marinaccio
    2. Holmes (if healthy)
    3. Peralta
    4. Trivino
    5. Effross
    6. Loaisiga
    7. Schmidt
    8. Taillon
    9. Pick your poison - Castro or Abreu - both if Holmes is not ready.

That's 13 pitchers. I think that's all you'll need. All of them are solid. I still don't know who will close games. I think that will be the biggest problem. Bottom line is though, this team is not going to win a lot of games in the playoffs if they only score one run like they did tonight and Friday.
    I hope your right and thats enough.

I don't think you re going to see Montas on the DS roster, but if they go to the CS don't u think Cash will push to have him on that roster? One of the big reasons they got him was because he's always pitched Houston so tough.

We certainly have the arms to step up, but will they? I think we really need Schmidt, Effross and Lo to be the best versions of themselves to have a shot at the chip.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Man, it sure would be nice to have some arms from the farm

Gomez is AA but on the 40 man. I would rather they got rid of Chappy and gave him an audition or I would love them to cut chapman and add Brito, Coleman, Beeber to the 40 man and auction them in Texas.

Anyone know about Ridings?

I agree with both of you regarding Tallion/German. I just think it will be German out of the pen. They have used him before and he's had success.

Ignorance is bliss

Loasigia or Trivino will close if Holmes can’t pitch.

Cashman needs to find a closer for next year. We need a 27-29 yr old arm that is established.

I do not like our current crop of relievers to close next season unless Holmes is 100% and command is back. But can you trust him he will be all that?

The other relievers just need to keep their roles with maybe Schmidt going into the rotation to replace Taillon.

And hopefully King get his command and sic movement back for 2024. Forget 2023 as you can see what Britton has gone through.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-03-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Man, it sure would be nice to have some arms from the farm

Gomez is AA but on the 40 man. I would rather they got rid of Chappy and gave him an audition or I would love them to cut chapman and add Brito, Coleman, Beeber to the 40 man and auction them in Texas.

Anyone know about Ridings?

I agree with both of you regarding Tallion/German. I just think it will be German out of the pen. They have used him before and he's had success.

I think Boone will go

Game 1 Tuesday Cole
    Game 2 Thursday Cortes
    Game 3 Saturday Sevy
    Game 4 Sunday Taillon
    Game 5 Monday Cole

The stupid day on day off messes it up some. It pushes Game 2 and 3 back some so they would not have full rest thru Monday to use 3 starters. You just have to have Cole pitching on Tue and Sunday or Monday, and whatever is needed on those two days to have Cole in the must game situation.

Yanks are schedule to play Tue, Thur, Sat, Sun, Mon, unless rain.

Or switch Sevy and Cortes
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-03-2022 at 10:56 AM.
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Loasigia or Trivino will close if Holmes can’t pitch.

Cashman needs to find a closer for next year. We need a 27-29 yr old arm that is established.

I do not like our current crop of relievers to close next season unless Holmes is 100% and command is back. But can you trust him he will be all that?

The other relievers just need to keep their roles with maybe Schmidt going into the rotation to replace Taillon.

And hopefully King get his command and sic movement back for 2024. Forget 2023 as you can see what Britton has gone through.
    I'd happily give the closer role to King next yr, but there is that element of not knowing if he'll be 100% again.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Gil ended up in that role eventually.

After these last 4 plus yrs of having a really, really expensive BP, I don't see them running out and giving a guy like Diaz 20M plus a yr. The Cashman move is to go get a guy like D Rob who could be had on a modest 1yr deal and is capable of handling pretty much any BP role u need or someone like him.

Outside of Diaz, there really aren't any quality BP options available this winter.

Actually the only thing you can count on Cashman doing right is building the BP. If we hadn't had ours torn to shreds by injury, we'd have one of the better BP in BB. Injures to pitchers are about the only thing u can't blame on Cashman..

This winter the 1-2-3 priorities need to be Judge and if they are somehow dumb enough to lose him, they might as well sell and start rebuilding around Cabrera, Peraza, Volpe and Dom

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I think Boone will go

Game 1 Tuesday Cole
    Game 2 Thursday Cortes
    Game 3 Saturday Sevy
    Game 4 Sunday Taillon
    Game 5 Monday Cole

The stupid day on day off messes it up some. It pushes Game 2 and 3 back some so they would not have full rest thru Monday to use 3 starters. You just have to have Cole pitching on Tue and Sunday or Monday, and whatever is needed on those two days to have Cole in the must game situation.

Yanks are schedule to play Tue, Thur, Sat, Sun, Mon, unless rain.

Or switch Sevy and Cortes
    I would throw Cole and Nestor games 4 &5. A game 1 starter in the playoffs is a big deal, but I value the guy who pitches in a win or go home game far more. In a win or go home situation Nestor is the guy I want on the mound. Unlike Cole, I don't think the pressure of the situation would get to Nestor.

I'd actually rather have Sevy start a win or go home game over Cole right now. Cole pitches great most of the time, but he is way to prone to giving up a couple really bad pitches that get hit a longg wayy

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast