Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'm sure Pederson wanted a change after all the chicanery. Dude won them a super bowl and they pretty much put all the blame on him.

It's like how the Jones family has been throwing McCarthy under the bus except worse with the Eagles cause Pederson won them their only SB with a backup QB. **** him though
    Did they? Because they got rid of Wentz as well and he got a ton of blame.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Lifetime contract? It was a just over 2 years after the sb that they fired him.
    3 years after the super bowl.

In those 3 years they got worse each year. His record over those 3 years was 22-25-1, not great.

Outside of the super bowl year, his total record with the eagles is 29-34-1. I know cowboy fans like to say that the eagles “caught lightning in a bottle” that year and just got lucky. Is it beyond the realm of possibilities that Doug pederson was part of that “just got hot at the right time”?

Keeping Doug pederson and pretending like everything is ok just because he coached the super bowl team 3 years prior, was not the right move to make. The eagles were heading in the wrong direction, drastic changes needed to be made. One could argue this rebuild officially started once the eagles let go of Doug pederson and hired nick sirianni.

If the eagles still had Doug pederson and still sucked, I bet cowboy fans would not say “oh but he won you guys a super bowl so I admire that you guys are keeping Doug even though he sucks. I respect that.” No.. you’d be saying that the eagles are dumb for clinging onto a coach that had a “flash in the pan” season.

That being said, I don’t hold anything against Doug pederson at all whatsoever. If I was at this game, I’d give him a standing ovation for helping the eagles win a super bowl. But just like the eagles needed to do with both Carson wentz and nick foles, they needed to move on to somebody else. There is nothing wrong with doing what is best for the franchise..

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That being said, I don’t hold anything against Doug pederson at all whatsoever. If I was at this game, I’d give him a standing ovation for helping the eagles win a super bowl. But just like the eagles needed to do with both Carson wentz and nick foles, they needed to move on to somebody else. There is nothing wrong with doing what is best for the franchise..
    Pederson was stuck with a broken Wentz though. I put the blame squarely on the QB.
    He did bench him and give Hurts some much needed reps that you guys are now benefiting from.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    have you not heard the stories about how **** doug got by the organization basically because of chip kelly lol.... i heard it today on the best show ever that he wasnt allowed to pick his coaches after the superbowl win when the team got feasted on by others... he wasnt allowed any input with free agents or drafting and he was forced to show up every tuesday to a sit down meeting with the higher ups.... The dude got ****ed over hardcore by howie and the eagles organization and it screwed the team badly. Howie and others picked the coaches/players/draft while doug just had to take it and show up every tuesday to meetings with them and basically get his **** picked apart. Imagine finally winning a superbowl and this is what your organization does to the coach that helped win it

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    have you not heard the stories about how **** doug got by the organization basically because of chip kelly lol.... i heard it today on the best show ever that he wasnt allowed to pick his coaches after the superbowl win when the team got feasted on by others... he wasnt allowed any input with free agents or drafting and he was forced to show up every tuesday to a sit down meeting with the higher ups.... The dude got ****ed over hardcore by howie and the eagles organization and it screwed the team badly. Howie and others picked the coaches/players/draft while doug just had to take it and show up every tuesday to meetings with them and basically get his **** picked apart. Imagine finally winning a superbowl and this is what your organization does to the coach that helped win it
    This exactly. I'm not sure why Eagles fans are having revisionist history with the Doug Pederson situation. It's fine they are happy with his replacement and such but to pretend that Pederson didn't get thrown under the bus by the higher ups is ridiculous. He absolutely did.

So that's why I think he deserves this one

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Did they? Because they got rid of Wentz as well and he got a ton of blame.
    Wentz got blamed too for sure but Wentz actually deserved the blame lol. Pederson was basically put into an unwinnable position at the end of his Eagles tenure.

Wentz got blamed too for sure but Wentz actually deserved the blame lol. Pederson was basically put into an unwinnable position at the end of his Eagles tenure.
    Ehhh Wentz certainly deserves most of the blame but Doug was bad too. Two wrongs don’t make a right. They definitely made the right move. Other than the scheme being completely vanilla at the end of his tenure, the biggest issue was the entire team being hurt constantly which instantly changed after he left.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ehhh Wentz certainly deserves most of the blame but Doug was bad too. Two wrongs don’t make a right. They definitely made the right move. Other than the scheme being completely vanilla at the end of his tenure, the biggest issue was the entire team being hurt constantly which instantly changed after he left.
    Wentz has shown that he was a big part of the problem with the Eagles decline. With Pederson, was he bad or was he not given the adequate tools to keep the team on top? Based on what he’s doing in Jacksonville it seems that he was not given the proper tools to work with. Maybe if Laurie would have just got out of Doug’s way the Eagles might have stayed successful under him.

This exactly. I'm not sure why Eagles fans are having revisionist history with the Doug Pederson situation. It's fine they are happy with his replacement and such but to pretend that Pederson didn't get thrown under the bus by the higher ups is ridiculous. He absolutely did.

So that's why I think he deserves this one
    Revisionist history? Eagle fans are the only ones that are correctly saying that there was issues on both sides. You guys are acting like Doug pederson was an innocent lamb that was horribly butchered for no reason.

Don’t forget Wentz himself admited he checked out on the Eagles the second he was benched so at that point he made his mind up that the relationship was over .

Pederson deserves an ovation this Sunday and he will from Eagles fans

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I think they will cheer him . But we finally get to find out what they do with Wentz this season . That topic went on for a while in here . I say boo some said no .

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast