Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,485

    Browns DE Myles Garrett in single car rollover accident

    https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/sta...vNY2wWC7GDoxpQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,367
    Hopefully he is alright. I think teams need to start regulating the cars these guys get. They should all have to get old Volvos: safe and slow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Hopefully he is alright. I think teams need to start regulating the cars these guys get. They should all have to get old Volvos: safe and slow
    While he was driving a fast car, it sounds like he was doing something like 65 in a 45, which is common for rural roads. Allegedly other accidents have happened in this same spot in the last year or two with "regular" cars going 60+.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,385
    Welp, probably was doing bad speed.

    Cleveland Browns star Myles Garrett stopped six times for speeding prior to crash Court records show Garrett was cited for driving over 100 mph multiple times, with a high of 120 mph.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Welp, probably was doing bad speed.
    Yeah, get the dude an old Volvo. That'll slow him right down and keep him safe.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, get the dude an old Volvo. That'll slow him right down and keep him safe.
    Not the Volvo I had hopefully. Thing was an M3 fighter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,544
    So apparently it was 65mph on a 45mph road in/around Medina Ohio.

    Those areas are often 2 lane, swervy roads with lots of hills. I've driven a lot in these kind of areas (I live in Berea which isn't far from Medina and central Ohio). There are often deep ditches lining the sides of the roads and if your car dips in there you could get in a nasty accident. Some of the roads don't even have white lines on the outside so in rainy/wet weather it can be difficult to gauge your own placement on the road.

    This was recklessness on Garrett's part. Never ever would I drive 65 on a road like that, let alone rainy weather. But I'm also not the type to go 55 in a 35 or do some of the insane things I've seen people do in Cleveland (I've seen some crazy stuff during blizzards and stuff). He's lucky to be alive and I hope he learned a valuable lesson.
    [SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not the Volvo I had hopefully. Thing was an M3 fighter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What was yours? I actually love Volvo lol. I've had three of them and currently drive a V60.

    I'm not saying he should get a V70 R design or any sort of sleeper car. He needs a nice 4 cylinder no turbo 240 from 1993. That things a tank, but very slow.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    What was yours? I actually love Volvo lol. I've had three of them and currently drive a V60.

    I'm not saying he should get a V70 R design or any sort of sleeper car. He needs a nice 4 cylinder no turbo 240 from 1993. That things a tank, but very slow.
    That thing was a tank. I have a polestar V60 AWD. It was navy blue. True sleeper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That thing was a tank. I have a polestar V60 AWD. It was navy blue. True sleeper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. My V60 is the cross country T5 (5 cylinder). Do you have the T6?

    Maybe we will just turn this forum into Swedespeed lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Nice. My V60 is the cross country T5 (5 cylinder). Do you have the T6?

    Maybe we will just turn this forum into Swedespeed lol
    Sadly I donít have it anymore. But yea T6 that I put a titanium exhaust and reprogrammed the CPU. Was pushing 425 HP and 400 lbft torque. Put recardos all 4 spots and tinted. Only way you knew it wasnít a stock V60 was the little polestar badge.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sadly I donít have it anymore. But yea T6 that I put a titanium exhaust and reprogrammed the CPU. Was pushing 425 HP and 400 lbft torque. Put recardos all 4 spots and tinted. Only way you knew it wasnít a stock V60 was the little polestar badge.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oof, that's awesome. These things can be real sleepers. Wish I had the T6 in mine, but I rebuilt one of the 5 cylinder engines before so I'm very comfortable with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •