Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,794

    (Update) If Mac Jones is out for a long period of time should they call Cam Newton.

    Going to keep this simple Yes, No or Maybe? Please kindly discuss.

    Update they signed Garrett Gilbert to the practice squad
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ad/ar-AA12B1Ua
    Last edited by BSF101; 10-04-2022 at 05:41 PM.


    Vince to Gronk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,268
    No

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,642
    God no id rather you start

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    God no id rather you start

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk
    😂 Well looks like I better start training.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,695
    No. They dicked him over once already, why should he come back and get knocked around. I'm sure the fans who are crying about everything except for Mac will suddenly start acting like the roster is full of All Pros once a new QB is in.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,268
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No. They dicked him over once already, why should he come back and get knocked around. I'm sure the fans who are crying about everything except for Mac will suddenly start acting like the roster is full of All Pros once a new QB is in.
    The NFL retired Cam. Cam has no decision to make.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    39,275
    Lol no. I'm not even sure Cam is worthy of a backup job at this point. Dude is washed.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The NFL retired Cam. Cam has no decision to make.
    He said in the offseason he's had offers and he said at the end of last year he's not playing for a bad team. If he wanted to be a backup he could've easily found a place.

    Anyone who watched the trash fest on SNF or hell, watched Baker play can't say Cam isn't better than SOMEONE as a starter with a straight face.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,268
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He said in the offseason he's had offers and he said at the end of last year he's not playing for a bad team. If he wanted to be a backup he could've easily found a place.

    Anyone who watched the trash fest on SNF or hell, watched Baker play can't say Cam isn't better than SOMEONE as a starter with a straight face.
    I doubt any GM would take Cam over Baker right now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,642
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No. They dicked him over once already, why should he come back and get knocked around. I'm sure the fans who are crying about everything except for Mac will suddenly start acting like the roster is full of All Pros once a new QB is in.
    He sucked he wasn't dicked over. Dudes career ended when he pussed out on the fumble.

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    He sucked he wasn't dicked over. Dudes career ended when he pussed out on the fumble.

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk
    He was dicked over because he wasn't vaccinated. He was taking the bulk of starting reps until he was forced to miss a week because of traveling outside of the area while unvaccinated. He was cut because of his vaccination status and the team had seen enough from Mac to roll the dice on a rookie.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,642
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He was dicked over because he wasn't vaccinated. He was taking the bulk of starting reps until he was forced to miss a week because of traveling outside of the area while unvaccinated. He was cut because of his vaccination status and the team had seen enough from Mac to roll the dice on a rookie.
    He wasn't gonna start regardless and we saw why when he went back to the panthers stop acting like he was good last year.

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,801
    Cam has a great career but hes physically shot. He was always a player that relied on his great physical gifts and once those eroded from Carolina just running him into the ground there was nothing left. He never mastered proper throwing mechanics or anticipation of the defense to prolong his career. Should be in the hall of fame but hes been done for about 3-5 years now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    39,275
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Cam has a great career but hes physically shot. He was always a player that relied on his great physical gifts and once those eroded from Carolina just running him into the ground there was nothing left. He never mastered proper throwing mechanics or anticipation of the defense to prolong his career. Should be in the hall of fame but hes been done for about 3-5 years now.
    No way is Cam a HOFer. His peak 3 or 4 years were very good, but that's it.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,370
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Cam has a great career
    Is 3 good seasons really all it takes to have a great career now? 6 games over 0.500 with a sub-60% career comp percentage? Behind Carr, Tannehill, Dalton, Cousins and Flacco in TD count?
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •