Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Fantastic play by hicks.That throw was a laser. He got to the ball very quickly.

Maybe those couple days allowed him to pull his head from his rectum

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Man, I don’t want to get hyped…

But is this kid really starting to pan out?
    Up to the second playoff numbers
    Jasson Dominguez: 6-for-16, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, 5 RS, 3 BB
    Austin Wells: 6-for-16, 2 2B, HR, 8 RBI
    Elijah Dunham: 6-for-16, HR, 4 RBI
    #Yankees #RepBX

Considering he's been in AA for 2 weeks and he's doing this in the playoffs, I'd take it as a positive sign. That he's hitting and hitting for power from both sides already at AA is really impressive to me, that transition from high A to AA isn't easy.

I'm not sure he's ever going to pan out in the sense that he's the next Mantle or Trout, but he's finally showing why he was so highly touted.. I think there are a couple teams that he was offered to at the deadline, that are going to seriously regret not taking him when they had a chance

Judge is very anxious. Two balls he's swung at this AB

Ignorance is bliss

Yankees need to stop hitting into double plays and give Judge another at bat. That's all i care about

Trivino is now the closer? I know ppl want to be optimistic in this team for the post season but how can anyone look at this and remain hopeful?

We are the Champions of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We are the Champions of the East.
    I think they need to take this next 10 games to figure out who healthy and who gonna get hot for the playoffs. Gotta findout what DJ and Carp can do, have to figure out who does what in the BP. What are German and Jamo's role in the post season?
    who are your trusted BP arms going to be
    what is the playoff roster going to be
    Get Judge past 61 so he can forget about it. The last thing we need is for Judge to start chasing pitches to hit HR, just before the playoffs.

Figure that stuff out right and there is a team in there that could win a WS, figure it out wrong and they easily could be out after the first round..

In my entire life of watching the Yanks, I don't remember us clinching the division this early and STILL have so many question marks? Game 1 with Cole on the mound coming off 4-5 days extra rest doesn't sound great to me.
    I think we always have a chance with Nestor on the mound
    If Sevy can give us 90 pitches I think we have a great shot to win
    Do u start Jamo, who has shown a lot of guts and performed well when it counted Or German who has been really solid out of the rotation lately. Who gives you more out of the BP. What's Montas's role, do they hide him or does he play a prominent role

Whats the offense after Judge and Rizzo ? Do they keep Judge leading off? Who plays everyday DJ, JD or Torres? If Benny comes back, with little to no rehab time, do u instantly give him back the LF job and put Cabrera on the pine. Can they afford to take Cabrera out of the starting lineup?

Do they go with assigned BP roles or just purely who the analytics favor vs a particular spot in the order.

I feel like everything is kinda a bit of a mystery after Judge. Which is exactly why you do whatever it takes to keep him

1) Judge leads off until he gets 62. After that it depends on DJ's health, since when he's on , he's a two time batting champion.
    2) If DJ can't put pressure on his toe, then he can't bat. If the toe is healed, he plays a bunch of games. Donaldson went 0-4 last night. He's a good fielder, but so is DJ and DJ should get two days per week at 3B and one at 2B or 1B.
    3) Stanton went 0-5 last night. I hope they give him the night off today and DH Judge for obvious reasons.
    4) If Benny comes back healthy, he plays LF and Cabrera becomes a utility player. Personally, I think IKF is a hazard in the field and I'd play Cabrera at SS.
    5) If Carpenter comes back, it depends if he can play the field. Definitely, the 1st LH PH off the bench and DH is a possibility, eating into Stanton's time. If he's OK for the field 2B or 3B might be the only options, since he's probably third on the RF depth chart.
    6) Gonzalez is a bubble guy. If everyone else returns, I think it's hard to imagine him on the 26 man roster.
    7) Rotation of Cole, Nestor, Taillon and Sevy, but not necessarily in that order. German is the first man in, if the starter goes less than 6 innings. Montas is out of the rotation and should be mop up duty only. They have already indicated such by saying he might be a starter or connector type pitcher in a bullpen type game. That leaves a lot of wiggle room to not pitch I'm at all. If they had any balls, he wouldn't make the post season roster at all.
    8) Off the top of my head, the bullpen definitely includes Trivino, Loaisiga, Marinacchio and Holmes and then we pick three from the recovering from injury and misfits, at least 2 of which will probably be LH, possibly all 3. Wandy will certainly be one, if he is healthy, then pick between Chapman, Britton and Lusege. Again, it would be better if Montas were left off the roster, but here's some talk about DFAing Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    1) Judge leads off until he gets 62. After that it depends on DJ's health, since when he's on , he's a two time batting champion.
    2) If DJ can't put pressure on his toe, then he can't bat. If the toe is healed, he plays a bunch of games. Donaldson went 0-4 last night. He's a good fielder, but so is DJ and DJ should get two days per week at 3B and one at 2B or 1B.
    3) Stanton went 0-5 last night. I hope they give him the night off today and DH Judge for obvious reasons.
    4) If Benny comes back healthy, he plays LF and Cabrera becomes a utility player. Personally, I think IKF is a hazard in the field and I'd play Cabrera at SS.
    5) If Carpenter comes back, it depends if he can play the field. Definitely, the 1st LH PH off the bench and DH is a possibility, eating into Stanton's time. If he's OK for the field 2B or 3B might be the only options, since he's probably third on the RF depth chart.
    6) Gonzalez is a bubble guy. If everyone else returns, I think it's hard to imagine him on the 26 man roster.
    7) Rotation of Cole, Nestor, Taillon and Sevy, but not necessarily in that order. German is the first man in, if the starter goes less than 6 innings. Montas is out of the rotation and should be mop up duty only. They have already indicated such by saying he might be a starter or connector type pitcher in a bullpen type game. That leaves a lot of wiggle room to not pitch I'm at all. If they had any balls, he wouldn't make the post season roster at all.
    8) Off the top of my head, the bullpen definitely includes Trivino, Loaisiga, Marinacchio and Holmes and then we pick three from the recovering from injury and misfits, at least 2 of which will probably be LH, possibly all 3. Wandy will certainly be one, if he is healthy, then pick between Chapman, Britton and Lusege. Again, it would be better if Montas were left off the roster, but here's some talk about DFAing Chapman.
    1& 2 are the same issue IMO. If DJ is healthy he needs to be playing, if he's not he still makes a hell of a pinch hitter late in games
    3 I think when the calendar turns to OCT Stanton will figure it out, but getting his swing right needs to be a primary focus for us before they playoffs. If we have a hot Stanton, we can win any game
    4 I agree on both, but with as well as Cabrera has been hitting of late, I can't just hand the LF job back to Beni just because the stitches are out. They have to figure out if his hand is able to handle rolling over and doesn't cause him pain when he impacts the ball
    5 I don't think Carp is going to be able to play the field, so he probably splits time between DH is Stanton doesn't figure it out and an incredible pinch hitter
    6 agree
    7 IMO only Cole, Nestor and Sevy are in the rotation right now, the rest is up in the air.
    8 I think they figure out who the last 3-4 guys are in the BP over the next 10 days

@DanAlanRourke
    ·
    2h
    GLEYBER TORRES IN SEPTEMBER:

22 G, .333/.404/.598, 1.002 OPS, 6 HR, 23 RBI, 182 wRC+

@YankeeSource
    ·
    19h
    Oswaldo Cabrera has 19 hits this month (75 AB). Aaron Hicks has 17 hits since the start of August (97 AB).

1. Aaron Judge, DH

2. Oswaldo Cabrera, 2B

3. Josh Donaldson, 3B

4. Oswald Peraza, SS

5. Harrison Bader, CF

6. Marwin Gonzalez, 1B

7. Kyle Higashioka, C

8. Tim Locastro, RF

9. Aaron Hicks, LF

Gerrit Cole, RHP

I saw that lineup and had to check my eyes

Peraza batting cleanup??
    Lol
    **** it, I love it!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I saw that lineup and had to check my eyes

Peraza batting cleanup??
    Lol
    **** it, I love it!
    Meaningless game, line up reflects it. Time to have some fun and relax a bit.

Sell the Team, HAL!

@BryanHoch
    ·
    1h
    Anthony Rizzo will be guest managing today’s game as Aaron Boone’s understudy. Rizzo helped Boone fill out the lineup card and he’ll be consulted on strategy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast