Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Boone is an idiot. How do you not walk Vlad there? Then the idiot says you would have had to pitch to Kirk. Yeah Aaron, Kirk just as dangerous as Vlad. TERRUBLE. TERRIBLE as well.
    well played Chuck, lol

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees have some depth at SS. Nick I know you have anointed Volpe the golden child, but there is some depth in the org. Good problem to have, generally speaking SS can usually play multiple IF positions.

1) Volpe
    2) Peraza
    3) Sweeny
    4) Arias
    5) Cabrera
    6) Vargas
    IMO, we only have a good idea about what 3-4 of those guys are going to be. Peraza will be an MLB SS for someone. Volpe will never be a great defensive SS, arm and the way he plays are probably better suited for 2nd or 3rd. Especially with no shifts next yr, range up the middle is going to become much, much more important, IMO.

I don't think Sweeney stays at SS, really big bodied kid ( alot like Seager size and build wise) that moves and throws well. Just not well enough to stay at SS with us. IMO he ends up at 3rd, 1st or maybe a COF.

Arias is forever away, he very well could end up being trade bait once he start's preforming well

I love what Cabrera brings, but I like him moving around defensively. I think the value he brings, just defensively being able to play elite defense at 5 position and passable at 1st. The bat, especially LH, will play very, very well in that role.

Vargas is starting to get a little long in the tooth for a SS spec still in A Ball. Defensively, he may be the most talented guy on the list, he just hasn't really improved the bat much. He's still a young switch hitter, but they are going to have to make a decision to keep him or let him be rule 5 eligible

Day I trust your opinion on the spects. However MLB.com had Volpe as #5 overall and #2 SS, with an ETA of 2023.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/ss/

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-100-pro...eason-rankings

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Official scoring has been really bad this year.
    Not for Hicks or IKF

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day I trust your opinion on the spects. However MLB.com had Volpe as #5 overall and #2 SS, with an ETA of 2023.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/ss/

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-100-pro...eason-rankings
    Sure and that probably accurate, but it's heavily, heavily tied to the bat profile. Volpe is a 50 arm, 50 field which is about avg for a SS. Volpe could play SS for a lot of teams, but if he's in the same lineup as Peraza, Peraza will be the SS. Peraza's best grades are arm, glove and speed, all 60's which is plus. I would say the difference between the two arms is actually bigger than a full grade

Kuty, Miller and Sherman have already interviewed multiple scouts that have said they see Volpe making a position move at the MLB level. Volpe is a guy I see as very similar to Bregman. He's a guy that comes up as a SS, but the biggest value is in the bat and because of his skillset coming up as a SS he can easily adjust to either 2nd or 3rd

to me the Peraza/ Volpe situation is very much like the Correa/Bregman situation. Both highly touted SS specs coming up, Correa's value was as an elite defensive player with a lot of potential in the bats.
    Bregman could have stuck at SS, but with the value being mostly in the bat, they put him at 3rd where he's very good on both sides of the ball

1. Aaron Judge, CF

2. Anthony Rizzo, 1B

3. Gleyber Torres, 2B

4. Josh Donaldson, 3B

5. Giancarlo Stanton, DH

6. Oswaldo Cabrera, RF

7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

8. Kyle Higashioka, C

9. Aaron Hicks, LF

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1. Aaron Judge, CF

2. Anthony Rizzo, 1B

3. Gleyber Torres, 2B

4. Josh Donaldson, 3B

5. Giancarlo Stanton, DH

6. Oswaldo Cabrera, RF

7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa, SS

8. Kyle Higashioka, C

9. Aaron Hicks, LF

Resting (the master) Bader after he proved to be too short on his leap at the wall.

Seriously, hope he's not hurting from jumping on his sore foot.

@SOMPatriots
    ·
    16m
    JASSON DOMINGUEZ SENDS THIS ONE HOME TO MARS🚀

The
    @Yankees
    No. 2 prospect homers to make it a 6-2 game in the second. #RepBXhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1574902683550588940
    19 and pounding the ball in AA. Whatever clicked for him in high A, really clicked. If he has a strong AFL, he's going to be in the top 20 overall in the rankings. With the way he's taken off the last couple months, it's really, really not out of the question we see him at some point late next yr.

Makes u wonder if he hadn't missed all of 2020 where he would be. I don't think it's out of the question he could either have finished this yr in AAA or getting a little taste like Peraza is

@BryanHoch
    ·
    2h
    DJ LeMahieu could be activated tomorrow, Aaron Boone said. Orioles series is also a possibility but “we’re about at that point of, let’s go give this thing a go.”

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @SOMPatriots
    ·
    16m
    JASSON DOMINGUEZ SENDS THIS ONE HOME TO MARS🚀

The
    @Yankees
    No. 2 prospect homers to make it a 6-2 game in the second. #RepBXhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1574902683550588940
    19 and pounding the ball in AA. Whatever clicked for him in high A, really clicked. If he has a strong AFL, he's going to be in the top 20 overall in the rankings. With the way he's taken off the last couple months, it's really, really not out of the question we see him at some point late next yr.

Makes u wonder if he hadn't missed all of 2020 where he would be. I don't think it's out of the question he could either have finished this yr in AAA or getting a little taste like Peraza is
    Man, I don’t want to get hyped…

But is this kid really starting to pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    IKF has "15" errors and has the 8th most in the league. I also read that he likely has had another 14-15 that weren't scored as such which would make him the worst in the league

The scorers must be part of the Anals team.
    This actually got me thinking. IKF had 19 errors in 2021, which is not an insignificant amount for a SS, but what if, he actually got the benefit of the call on 10-12 additional plays like he has this season. Suddenly IKF has the highest total errors for a shortstop for two straight years. This is who is keeping Peraza on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This actually got me thinking. IKF had 19 errors in 2021, which is not an insignificant amount for a SS, but what if, he actually got the benefit of the call on 10-12 additional plays like he has this season. Suddenly IKF has the highest total errors for a shortstop for two straight years. This is who is keeping Peraza on the bench?
    IKF was GG 3B, not SS. He was billed to fans as a GG SS. Peraza will be deactivated when DJ returns. It's too bad. If IKF blows a play that costs them a game in the playoffs, it will be very rough.

Ignorance is bliss

Schneider was like, "****, Hicks got a hit? I have to take this pitcher out"

Ignorance is bliss

And now we get to see Hicks dance off second like a fool

Ignorance is bliss

Why isn't Bader playing? FFS, give Judge a break.

Is it a load management thing?

Ignorance is bliss

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast