Brayan Bello
    RHP
    2-6, 4.75 ERA, 47 SO

vs

Yankees
    Nestor Cortes
    LHP
    10-4, 2.67 ERA, 146 SO

I would love to see Judge tie and break the record against Boston. Maris hit 61 against Boston, so it would only be fitting that Judge sets the new record against our biggest rivals

With Cabrera's bat coming on and Bader looking like a very,very good player, there isn't much room for Hicks.. I'd much rather have Flo as our 4th OFer for his elite defense and speed in the playoffs. Won't happen but I can dream.

BTW, very interesting for Cabrera. He is chasing fewer pitches out of the zone at the lowest % of any Yankee this yr outside of Judge. For a kid, that only has about 100 MLB AB's, not chasing at the MLB level, is seriously impressive.. I'm not sure if he's a star, but he's going to be a damn solid player

Cashman has to be thanking every god he can think of that Bader has looked this good. He hustles his asss off, has a huge defensive presence in CF and is very dangerous at with the bat. He's not the type that can carry a team offensively, but he's a much better complimentary player than we're used to having this yr.. I know the trading Monty for a guy in a boot was not a good look, but so far I'm impressed.. if he does this through the playoffs I'll be very happy

Torres and JD staying hot is huge, if they can keep it going in the playoffs they are going to be tough for anyone IMO

Sevy looked fantastic, stuff wise he looked the best i've seen him all yr. Came out 97-99 and looked smooth doing it. The CU looked fantastic, SL looked really good , the cutter looked effective and the new hesitation move to throw off timing is a nice little add for a power pitcher

Montas going on the IL, IMO is a good thing. With Sevy looking so good to go along with Cole and Nestor, thats a strong 1-2-3. With German being a good number 4

Really good news, that Benny and Carp are healing and both have been doing baseball work this week. While neither are expected back during the regular season, getting them back for the playoffs would be huge. The question being, with what Cabrera is doing on both sides of the ball, do you sit him in favor of Benny coming off the IL? Yes Nicky, not my opinion, it's what they announced on the broadcast

Overall, I think this team is coming around and getting hot at just the right time. If they can be playing like this in the playoffs, they will be tough for anyone to bet

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    With Cabrera's bat coming on and Bader looking like a very,very good player, there isn't much room for Hicks.. I'd much rather have Flo as our 4th OFer for his elite defense and speed in the playoffs. Won't happen but I can dream.

BTW, very interesting for Cabrera. He is chasing fewer pitches out of the zone at the lowest % of any Yankee this yr outside of Judge. For a kid, that only has about 100 MLB AB's, not chasing at the MLB level, is seriously impressive.. I'm not sure if he's a star, but he's going to be a damn solid player

Cashman has to be thanking every god he can think of that Bader has looked this good. He hustles his asss off, has a huge defensive presence in CF and is very dangerous at with the bat. He's not the type that can carry a team offensively, but he's a much better complimentary player than we're used to having this yr.. I know the trading Monty for a guy in a boot was not a good look, but so far I'm impressed.. if he does this through the playoffs I'll be very happy

Torres and JD staying hot is huge, if they can keep it going in the playoffs they are going to be tough for anyone IMO

Sevy looked fantastic, stuff wise he looked the best i've seen him all yr. Came out 97-99 and looked smooth doing it. The CU looked fantastic, SL looked really good , the cutter looked effective and the new hesitation move to throw off timing is a nice little add for a power pitcher

Montas going on the IL, IMO is a good thing. With Sevy looking so good to go along with Cole and Nestor, thats a strong 1-2-3. With German being a good number 4

Really good news, that Benny and Carp are healing and both have been doing baseball work this week. While neither are expected back during the regular season, getting them back for the playoffs would be huge. The question being, with what Cabrera is doing on both sides of the ball, do you sit him in favor of Benny coming off the IL? Yes Nicky, not my opinion, it's what they announced on the broadcast

Overall, I think this team is coming around and getting hot at just the right time. If they can be playing like this in the playoffs, they will be tough for anyone to bet

Your dream was also to have Peraza at SS for playoffs too. That ain’t happening. Cashman goes with vet unless injury. If Benny wasn’t hurt Cabrera wouldn’t be playing now either.

As for Flo, he won’t be returning anytime soon. The Bader trade was mainly for 2023 so Judge can go back to RF. Flo does not have the stick for major league pitching.

And with Torres finally showing some signs again, and JD signed thru 2023 the infield is set for next year.

Benny has yet to swing a bat. The same with Carpy. And you just can’t throw them in a playoff series without some sort of game play. I wouldn’t expect Benny back for this year. Carpy, is 50/50
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-22-2022 at 03:58 AM.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Day, nobody has ever questioned Sevy and his stuff.

Can the guy ever stay healthy long enough to make an impact?
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World

Not only is there not room for Hicks, there may not be room for Benintendi or Carpenter! Cabrera has certainly impressed and laid claim to a post season roster spot. Bader seems like the logical choice for CF. Would they start Cabrera in LF in the post season?

Sell the Team, HAL!

When talking about Benni and Carp during the broadcast last night, they specifically mentioned that Carp is a much more likely addition to the playoff roster than Benni since Carp can be used as a pinch hitter, and an effective one at that. Benni's injury will prevent him from playing OF for a while so he's likely done for the year.

And let's not build a monument to Bader so quickly. Yes, he's shown some great instincts on the base paths and certainly has great range in center. But we need to see more than 8 AB before saying he is "very dangerous with the bat."

Of this three hits as a Yankee, two were on drawn in infields.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    And let's not build a monument to Bader so quickly. Yes, he's shown some great instincts on the base paths and certainly has great range in center. But we need to see more than 8 AB before saying he is "very dangerous with the bat."

Of this three hits as a Yankee, two were on drawn in infields.
    Agreed. I love what I see from him. His energy is infectious. He clearly loves the game. I have zero doubt in his fielding or running. The bat is still a big question. The two hits tow which you refer, the first one was a slow roller that got through. He might have beaten thane out but there would have been a play. The second was a bullet and depending on where the 2B was, it could have been an easy DP

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Not only is there not room for Hicks, there may not be room for Benintendi or Carpenter! Cabrera has certainly impressed and laid claim to a post season roster spot. Bader seems like the logical choice for CF. Would they start Cabrera in LF in the post season?
    I am skeptical that Beni will return. Carpenter? It's possible. 26 man roster with a 13 pitcher max leaves you with4 position players

Higgy
    DJ
    Marwin
    Hicks
    Carpenter
    Beni

Higgy is clear cut.
    If healthy, DJ is on the team

So you have 2 spots to fill with Marwin, Beni, Carpenter, Hicks. IF Beni is healthy, he is on the team
    So do you want Marwin, Hicks or Carpenter?

This is what worries me about Cabrera. Do they with Marwin because he's a vet and "he's been there" ?

In a rational world, there is no way Cabrera is not on the roster

Also, is theYankees OF next year
    Beni-Bader-Cabrera?

Or does Cabrera allow the Yankees toilet Beni walk and use that for Judge?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. I love what I see from him. His energy is infectious. He clearly loves the game. I have zero doubt in his fielding or running. The bat is still a big question. The two hits tow which you refer, the first one was a slow roller that got through. He might have beaten thane out but there would have been a play. The second was a bullet and depending on where the 2B was, it could have been an easy DP
    Good points. They were both ground balls and without the infield playing where it was they could've been very routine.

I don't want to take anything away from his ability to come through in those situations though. There are other guys on the roster who find it hard to make the easy plays, so it's not a given ANY player could've done what he did. At least he didn't strike out, right?

But let's see if he can hit a ball in the air first before deciding Cashman didn't get worked over by the Cards.

Bader is the contact bat many have been clamoring for, doesn't swing from his heels. He hits it where it's pitched. Not much power, but do they really need it? His calling card is his glove and his speed. Thus far I like what we are seeing.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Bader is the contact bat many have been clamoring for, doesn't swing from his heels. He hits it where it's pitched. Not much power, but do they really need it? His calling card is his glove and his speed. Thus far I like what we are seeing.
    Hope it continue. As long as he keeps up not being an easy out, all good

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am skeptical that Beni will return. Carpenter? It's possible. 26 man roster with a 13 pitcher max leaves you with4 position players

Higgy
    DJ
    Marwin
    Hicks
    Carpenter
    Beni

Higgy is clear cut.
    If healthy, DJ is on the team

So you have 2 spots to fill with Marwin, Beni, Carpenter, Hicks. IF Beni is healthy, he is on the team
    So do you want Marwin, Hicks or Carpenter?

This is what worries me about Cabrera. Do they with Marwin because he's a vet and "he's been there" ?

In a rational world, there is no way Cabrera is not on the roster

Also, is theYankees OF next year
    Beni-Bader-Cabrera?

Or does Cabrera allow the Yankees toilet Beni walk and use that for Judge?
    I can't imagine any way the Yankees allow Judge to walk.

I see Bader in CF, Benintendi n LF and Judge in RF. Could they let Benintendi walk with the advent of Cabrera? Possibly. However as I wondered above, will they play him in LF during post season? LF is tougher to play than RF. I would prefer some experience in the post season. BUT Cabrera has amazed thus far so no reason to think he wouldn't continue to play at this level.

Let's not forget Hicks is signed thru 2025 with a club option in 2026 and a $1M buy out. I wonder if the Marlins might be interested....oh wait.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Clown Higgy is out? Are you talking post season roster or next season?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Clown Higgy is out? Are you talking post season roster or next season?
    Lord no. Clear cut as in, obviously on the roster.

Doc, if they win the WS, I could see them letting Judge walk. Beni-Bader-Cabrera becomes your OF.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast