Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    4,120

    So, which is the real Vladdy Jr?

    Here are his stats throughout the years





    Is he the hitter he was a year ago where his going to be an MVP candidate again, or is he just going to be a very good but not elite type of player?

    I expected his power numbers and OBP to be better tbh.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    26,341
    I think he has a few more MVP candidate years in him. Number wise overall I see him as a slightly better Magglio Ordonez.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,502
    Age is on his side...

    I have followed his development closely particularly during the off season. He takes it seriously, he was challenged with getting in shape the past 2 seasons and came through. I have no doubt he will work on his swing mechanics this off season. He does need a good hitting coach - someone outside the organization.

    If he gets back to hitting bombs next season it will be because he changed his swing, in particular his swing plane.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,566
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Age is on his side...

    I have followed his development closely particularly during the off season. He takes it seriously, he was challenged with getting in shape the past 2 seasons and came through. I have no doubt he will work on his swing mechanics this off season. He does need a good hitting coach - someone outside the organization.

    If he gets back to hitting bombs next season it will be because he changed his swing, in particular his swing plane.
    He should go see EE's guy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,113
    His at bats are unwatchable lately. Iíd move his *** way down. Maybe thatís what got bo going

    573 ops last 30 days.
    3:1 k/bb ratio
    Can count on a ground ball every damn play.

    His comment on it was something like: I donít really think about it. Baseball is highs and lows
    Last edited by wamco; 09-25-2022 at 03:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,566
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    His at bats are unwatchable lately. Iíd move his *** way down. Maybe thatís what got bo going

    573 ops last 30 days.
    3:1 k/bb ratio
    Can count on a ground ball every damn play.

    His comment on it was something like: I donít really think about it. Baseball is highs and lows
    Which is weird because he just came off a 14 game hitting streak.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,113
    Yes he did. Boosted ops a bit.

    Last 15 games, 778 ops with 4:1 k/bb ratio. (16:4)

    Dude is an absolute mess at the plate right now and he is hurting the team hitting 2/3 in lineup

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,566
    I think this is his floor though. His ceiling is last year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,120
    He should be at least Encarnacion good for a good chuck of his prime (270/370/540) with a few years of elite performances (ie 1000 ops).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,086
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think this is his floor though. His ceiling is last year.
    His ceiling is higher than that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Here are his stats throughout the years





    Is he the hitter he was a year ago where his going to be an MVP candidate again, or is he just going to be a very good but not elite type of player?

    I expected his power numbers and OBP to be better tbh.
    If he keeps his weight off will tell his numbers and career lenght. Looks like he put on 20lbs this season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    If he keeps his weight off will tell his numbers and career lenght. Looks like he put on 20lbs this season.
    lol it has zero to do with his weight

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,086
    Iím not surprised we had some down years from our young core. My opinion on them hasnít changed, both Vlad and brichette will have HOF careers if they can stay healthy. You still need to have big vet bats around them. They were not ready to carry the torch after their first and only successful season.
    Semien was as important to this lineup as Donaldson was in 2015.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,502
    As much as I like Kirk, next to getting some big arms for the pen this team needs a big bat behind Vlady. That won't be easy to get.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    As much as I like Kirk, next to getting some big arms for the pen this team needs a big bat behind Vlady. That won't be easy to get.
    200% agree, but that doesnít mean Kirk has to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •