Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Yeah our defense is scary, cause they can't seem to completely stop offenses right now. How many 3 and outs have they gotten so far this year? Maybe one or two total?

I hope they figure it out. We are the ultimate bend but don't break defense, and it's not good on us lol.

I'll take the W all day, but hard to imagine we beat BUF if they weren't injured on defense. Hopefully we both have healthy teams for our second meeting. But this puts us in a really nice position for playoff positioning.
    Itís hard to judge the defense without Byron. It really canít be understated just how important it is that you have both X and him. The team is calling the cover 0s but arenít playing press nearly as often because they are terrified to let anyone get behind them. Needham and Kader deserve credit for how well theyíve played but theyíre out of position right now. But I also think weíve just run into two buzzsaw offenses the past two weeks.

My overall biggest problem with the team right now is the offensive efficiency. Theyíre converting a lot of 3rd downs, but theyíre not turning 1st and 2nd down into 1st downs often enough. Itís awesome that Tua and the offense can make the big plays when they need to, but we need to start being more aggressive earlier in the downs. Stop living on the edge so often. You add the defenses inability to stop teams on 3rd down and you run into situations like today where you simply donít run enough plays.

I know it sounds dumb since it was the same conversation last week, but this offense has to win on Thursday. I just have no idea how the defense plays well on Thursday. I think the Bengals offense is still scary enough that itís not just a cake walk, but also I donít know how anyone will physically be able to play. I mean they just played 92 snaps in that heat.

Offense will need to sustain and score consistently on TNF because I just feel like the defense will have no energy.

I am desperately waiting for the Jets game so we can just have some normal games hopefully. Not playing highly emotional games against SB contenders.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-25-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Yeah hard to imagine our defense not being exhausted Thursday.

That was a great gritty and tough win for Miami. I still believe Buffalo is way better than us considering we only put up 21 points on a secondary with no starters. Hopefully the o-lien continues to improve and get healthier. I am pleasantly surprised with how impactful Ingram has been on the defense.

Great win and on to a short week in Cincy. This is definitely a win-able game even on short rest. Cincy's o-line has looked like crap so if our pass rushers have their legs we can get after Burrow quickly.

4-0 or 3-1 Is a hell of a start for us either way.

Man the snap counts are hilarious to look at. Jevon Holland played a total of 96 snaps yesterday including special teams. Dude was exhausted by the end but almost came up with an INT in the final minutes. Ridiculous player.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    That was a great gritty and tough win for Miami. I still believe Buffalo is way better than us considering we only put up 21 points on a secondary with no starters. Hopefully the o-lien continues to improve and get healthier. I am pleasantly surprised with how impactful Ingram has been on the defense.

Great win and on to a short week in Cincy. This is definitely a win-able game even on short rest. Cincy's o-line has looked like crap so if our pass rushers have their legs we can get after Burrow quickly.

4-0 or 3-1 Is a hell of a start for us either way.
    I think only scoring 21 points can be directly contributed to the Bills being able to slowly work its way downfield between the 20's. The bills had the ball for 40 minutes. We played the classic lets keep the game close and somehow win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Yeah our defense is scary, cause they can't seem to completely stop offenses right now. How many 3 and outs have they gotten so far this year? Maybe one or two total?

I hope they figure it out. We are the ultimate bend but don't break defense, and it's not good on us lol.

I'll take the W all day, but hard to imagine we beat BUF if they weren't injured on defense. Hopefully we both have healthy teams for our second meeting. But this puts us in a really nice position for playoff positioning.
    Their defense barely saw the field all game, it's absolutely not the reason why they lost that football game and much more to do with the offense scoring 17 points and the bend but don't break defense of Miami.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678